Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] (/showthread.php?tid=6261)

Pages: 1 2

Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Merri - 01-30-2014

Hey there~

I'm Merri! I sat here for a bit, contemplating whether or not I ought to make a post like this. I inevitably decided I would, though I'll try to keep it to the point. Long story short, I keep busy in-game. Between endgame and other commitments, it's been difficult as of late for me to really find many meaningful connections in-character. I've my friends and the like, but they also have friends, linkshells, and FCs. That's more or less the point where I feel like my connections come up short, as they naturally keep busy with their respective groups. While I obviously find time to roleplay with them still, a lot of the time I find myself without much to do outside of bumming around the adventurer's guilds, hoping something comes along. I'm unable to join a Free Company, as I'm already in an endgame FC that I simply don't want to leave. I've been with them since 1.0 and they're basically family to me at this point. I've thought about joining linkshells, but even then I'm not sure how much time I could dedicate to it, nor would it be easy to justify my character joining one due to his prior affiliations. (Namely with his own linkpearl, the Blue Skies, which I'm slowly working on rekindling.)

So, tavern roleplay is generally what I find, and it really only goes so far in most cases. There's exceptions, naturally, and I've met some people with whom I've developed lasting connections, but such occasions seem few and far in between for me. So I guess the point of this thread here is to throw my hat in the ring for some new connections and friendships! I absolutely love meeting new people, and I think it's about time I start branching out some more. Whether it's just with one person, or a few members of a linkshell, or an entire Free Company--  ...I'm game, so long as my independence isn't really an issue.

Maybe your character is eager to pair up with a veteran of the adventuring trade. Maybe your Free Company is in need of a seasoned Magitek Engineer for whatever reason. Hell, maybe your character just needs more friends in general. I'd like to think Merri could fit the bill, and then some~

Feel free to drop a line here, or give me a poke in-game if you'd like to see if something can't be sparked up!

[Image: bXXybun.jpg]

Hope to see you around!

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Lenna Faris-Mynhier - 01-30-2014

Wanna hang with me? I'm fairly new here, but not to rp. I'm looking to expand my circles too.

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Celsius - 01-30-2014

If you'd like, you could join the Hungry Wolf IC, but remain just a part of our linkshell. We're still small, but we really are looking to expand. If you're interested, lemme know.

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - KitKat - 01-31-2014

Hi. I roleplay* and also need to expand my social circle. I would be more than happy to, err, play with you.

*"Roleplay" is used very loosely as I consider myself a roleplayer but cannot seem to bring myself into it here but would very much like to.

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - ArmachiA - 01-31-2014

I run an endgame FC myself (That is also extremely plot heavy Roleplay wise so I'm always having to play GM) and I get it can be hard to make a lot of connections with how much little time you have, I do see you running around when I am so maybe we're on the same schedule which will make this easier ;o.

Many moons ago me and you played with the idea of Merri meeting Loki so she could get to work on her Magitek leg (Which still isn't a thing *sigh* SO MANY PLOTS) because Merri is big into that but you never really got back with me ^^;. If that would be a plot you'd be interested in (I can even have you meet some of our engineers in the Night Blades, for more connections) let me know. I can set something up.

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Aya - 01-31-2014

Aya would definitely like to make a new friend!  As Shizu mentioned our FC is also trying to recruit for RP Smile

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Xydane - 01-31-2014

Go ahead and shoot me a friend request whenever I'm online, Merri.

I won't say no to more connections.

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Lhea Korolon - 01-31-2014

I'm New to Balmung and Don't know many people!! I would love to meet some more people and expand my Friend list some! plus new people <333

My name is Lhea Korolon in game when im online Big Grin!!

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Gar - 02-01-2014

I almost tried to RP with you the other night, actually. Add me to the list of people, here. In fact, I'm going to be vulturing this thread to get a hold of some of the other people who are looking for more connections.

See you in Eorzea.

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Elros - 02-01-2014

Feel free to look me up and get a hold of me in game to RP anytime!

The more people you know the better!

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Merri - 02-01-2014

I really appreciate all the responses! So, thanks to everyone who posted here, those who sent me PMs, and those who poked me in-game. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to meet you all! I'll say now that I'll be doing my best to get around to everyone, so don't fret too much if it takes me a bit to reach you! I'm not really going about things in any particular order, of course.

Already spoke with you, Lenna, so we've got that ground covered there.

(01-30-2014, 10:43 PM)Shizu Wrote: If you'd like, you could join the Hungry Wolf IC, but remain just a part of our linkshell. We're still small, but we really are looking to expand. If you're interested, lemme know.

Gonna lump you and Aya togethere here. I'd have to give it a glance over. I think the biggest issue that I can see from the start is Merri's reluctance to really be anyone's "employee" so to speak. He's very much his own boss, and definitely places a high amount of value in his freedom. He's not above helping people or working for coin, but he's not one to really be lead around. Either way, maybe we could figure something out~

(01-31-2014, 02:09 AM)TheCurls Wrote: Hi. I roleplay* and also need to expand my social circle. I would be more than happy to, err, play with you.

*"Roleplay" is used very loosely as I consider myself a roleplayer but cannot seem to bring myself into it here but would very much like to.

Friends are friends. I'd be happy to roleplay with you some time~

(01-31-2014, 02:26 PM)Xydane Wrote: Go ahead and shoot me a friend request whenever I'm online, Merri.

I won't say no to more connections.

You got it.

(01-31-2014, 11:17 PM)Lhea Korolon Wrote: I'm New to Balmung and Don't know many people!! I would love to meet some more people and expand my Friend list some! plus new people <333

My name is Lhea Korolon in game when im online Big Grin!!

Hey there! I'll be sure to keep an eye out~

(01-31-2014, 06:01 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: I run an endgame FC myself (That is also extremely plot heavy Roleplay wise so I'm always having to play GM) and I get it can be hard to make a lot of connections with how much little time you have, I do see you running around when I am so maybe we're on the same schedule which will make this easier ;o.

Many moons ago me and you played with the idea of Merri meeting Loki so she could get to work on her Magitek leg (Which still isn't a thing *sigh* SO MANY PLOTS) because Merri is big into that but you never really got back with me ^^;. If that would be a plot you'd be interested in (I can even have you meet some of our engineers in the Night Blades, for more connections) let me know. I can set something up.

I do remember that, now that you mention it! Truth be told, I would love to start delving into some more magitek related roleplay. It's such an important aspect of my character, and I really feel like it comes up short, as most people I've met thus far don't really have any particular interest in it.

Anyways, yeah, we could absolutely see about getting something like that going. Though I'll say it now (and I think I said it back then), it would take quite a lot to get Merri to part his lips on that whole subject, let alone fix some one up. That, and he's not the one who could actually do the real work. That'd be another character of mine. Merri just knows how to build and maintain his own prosthetics.

I'll try and get ahold of you here relatively soon and we'll see if we can't get the ball rolling this time around~

(02-01-2014, 01:06 AM)Garryson Wrote: I almost tried to RP with you the other night, actually. Add me to the list of people, here. In fact, I'm going to be vulturing this thread to get a hold of some of the other people who are looking for more connections.

See you in Eorzea.

Absolutely! I actually had a similar thought, honestly. I mean, if I'm just out roleplaying and some one else pokes me, the more the merrier, right? (Don't shoot me.) Connections are connections. Hope to see you around!

...Man, more and more people keep posting and I keep going back to add them in. Gonna cut myself off here for now before this post becomes a black hole that sucks in the rest of the page. Thanks, guys!

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Lottie - 02-01-2014

You already know Lottie and him have grown to be close friends, but I'd love if he'd involve her in more of those adventures we spoke about and help her get out of that shy shell! :3 

But that goes for other folks too! She can be a tad distant with strangers but don't feel discouraged! She's just naturally derp when it comes to new people. She usually gets stopped to heal others or recognize her as one of the healers for the Grindstone events, so don't feel afraid to approach, even when she's running around and being stressed out for no reason. Tongue

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - FreelanceWizard - 02-01-2014

If you might be interested in meeting an excitable practitioner of the arcane arts (who would be absolutely intrigued by the perspective of a magitek engineer), then by all means, please give me a poke. Smile

And that goes for anyone else posting on this thread, too! Smile

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Faye - 02-01-2014

I'm always happy to role-play and meet new people. Feel free to say hello anytime you see me in-game! Furthermore, if you see anyone with a <<HoD>> tag running around, they likely wouldn't mind some role-play!

RE: Looking to expand my circles~ [Balmung] - Lhea Korolon - 02-01-2014

Yay I'll Be online mostly all today :3!!