Hydaelyn Role-Players
[EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 (/showthread.php?tid=6205)

[EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Maril - 01-23-2014

[Image: zhawAYU.jpg]
(Thanks to Bexy for making the poster!)

Hello everyone! 

I am here to announce, after a full month of planning, TCRP's first attempt at a server-wide event, during the EU prime-time. 

We will be doing a Beach Festival in the Mist (Limsa Lominsa housing area), at the beach (duh!) - And hopefully have some fun! 
The whole thing takes place on the 28th of Feburary 2014, starting at 8PM GMT.
Not european? Check here for some time conversions. We'd love to see all sorts of roleplayers join this Smile 

We have three planned IC events taking place: 

1. Auction off: Dates & Mercs. 
- In order to raise money for charity, we will be auctioning off (using IC money, no real gil is involved) several gorgeous individuals for either a date, or a day as your personal mercenary. Beyond our own wonderful FC members, we'd love to see more people dare to get auctioned off! Who knows, this might be a wonderful opportunity to get more contacts for you Smile Simply contact us ahead of time to let us know (along with a preference if you want to go on a date or offer your services as a mercenary)

2. Fashion Competition. 
- Everyone loves to look their best right? If you put together your best outfit for the occasion, you can get to have a shot at showing it off in our fashion competition. A selection of judges will hand out a prize to the top 3 entries, along with a crown and a title of Beach King/Queen. 

3. Magical Showmanship competition 
- This is a bit of an experimental twist on magic duels. Rather than facing off against each other, we want you to compose the most stunning and beautiful display of your abilities. Amaze people's socks off with your aether, and walk off with a prize! 

Additionally.. 
We will on an OOC level be hosting a raffle, where 80% of the total will be given out to one lucky winner. We're doing this as an attempt to gain a little money for our company house wish, as well as help with others housing wishes (if they want to share the money with their FC, that is Wink ) 
The raffle will be done fair and square by assigning you a number and rolling for a winner (I am aware there is no /roll, but we will find a way) - So please remember your number once you get it. You can buy one ticket, and those will go for 1000 gil each. 
Needless to say, TCRP's own members are not permitted to partake in the raffle Smile

We could use some help:
As mentioned, we need judges for our two competitions. In other to make sure it's not biased, I'd like to see at least two people act as judges for the competitions. 
This does mean your character can not enter the competitions. 

Donations for the prices would be much appreciated as well, if you can for example craft something we'd love to see it, and you will of course be given credit for your deed! Smile 
Donations to the raffle would also be welcome. 

As we still have about a month to go, I would like to reserve the rights to make changes to the program etc. Feel free to toss feedback & suggestions our way. 
We want to generate as much RP from this as possible, so if you think your character could be a help in the event, don't be shy!

Any questions can be lobbed at Sastra Mortier (alt: Thala'to Relehna) or Mikh'a Elakha in-game, in a reply to this post or via PM. 

We hope to see you all there! 

- TCRP.

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Rinh Hallani - 01-23-2014

I'd love to be a judge and can craft something as a weaver!

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Crisiet - 01-23-2014

I guess Crisiet can add supermodel to his list of accomplishments. Cool

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - M'raj - 02-21-2014

Sounds perfect for M'raj.

In addition to being a mercenary, he's also very fashionable. Expect him to put in an appearance.

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Elyscia - 02-21-2014

*Cries profusely* 

Bah. Would absolutely love to have attended but I'm at work all Friday, unless the Beach Festival parties on until after midnight. 

Please go and have fun for me. Just remember me in spirit. Write my name on a piece of paper and just leave it on the table to pretend I could be there q_q

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Dogberry - 02-21-2014

There with bells on. I love a good beach party.

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Flynn Rosenberg - 02-23-2014

Me and Mack should also be there, will be nice to see old faces.

Speaking of which, where has all the EU RP population gone?

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Alderique - 02-23-2014

I want to make sure I understand: Is there a separate server for EU, or is it all the same server, just focusing on the EU time zone?

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Maril - 02-23-2014

The event will be held on Balmung (hence the choice of putting the topic here) - but it will occur during EU hours. I decided to highlight it in the thread title so that people would perhaps be more aware of this, so people do not show up at the given time but in US timezones ^^

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Alderique - 02-24-2014

Sounds good! I'm in GMT-5, but if I'm around that day I'll try to make it Smile

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Maril - 02-27-2014

Hello guys! Just a status update as we are now on the day before *the* day! 
We're all super excited, and some of you might notice some of our members have been traveling around to IC'ly promote the event further Smile 

Our date-merc auction which will be the first event during the evening, and I can now reveal the people who will be auctioned off - At least, those who have let me know in advance. They are: 

Emelia Iscantel & Shadow Merodi 
Quinthel Moranguin 
A'linhbo Dhen 
Marx Duskwind 
Versoix La'Louvre
Reinette Aurifont
Senna Maham
Masha'ra

What they're being auctioned off for will be revealed at the event. 
I will remind everyone that the auction is being done with IC currency, meaning no actual gil will be exchanged. 
Due to this, we've also set an undisclosed upper limit for the auctions value. We're estimating that a down-to-earth/regular eorzean might pull in 20k gil in a months work (taking an hourly rate of 150 gil as the lowest minimum, this price is based on observing NPC prices) - obviously, more wealthy characters would earn more and characters performing as-demanded services might have no semblance of a regular income. Anyhow, we're taking this into account during the auctions. 

If you wish to partake in the raffle, you will have to have a free linkshell space on your character for the evening, and come to me during the evening (before 10pm GMT) - I will then organise you with a number so that you join the raffle. The sum up for grabs via the raffle starts at 50.000 gil! 

I will bring further updates as required, looking forward to seeing all of you there!

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Clover - 02-27-2014

I'd love to come, but I can't find any IC excuse for any of my characters to attend. orz

In any case, it sounds like fun. I hope that everyone has a nice time! Please post screens when the event is over ^^

RE: [EU] The Beach Festival! 28/2-14 - Maril - 02-28-2014

Just shy of an hour till the event starts! We're looking forward to see you all there. 
Unfortunately due to scheduling, our Magic Showmanship will have to be held another time, else we simply can't fit everything into the evening without stressing! 
The fashion competition and auction is going ahead as planned. 

Schedule: 

20:00 GMT - People Arrive 
20:30 GMT - Auctions Start 
21:30 GMT - Auction Ends, transition to fashion competition
21:45 GMT - Fashion Competition starts 
22:45 GMT - Fashion Winners are announced 
23:00 GMT - Winner of the OOC Raffle is announced 
23:00 GMT and onwards - Social / mingling until people drop. 

All times are subject to change as we go. 

Whisper any TCRP member for access to the BeachParty OOC LS for the event.