Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Gridania Surveyors Trouble (/showthread.php?tid=6094)

Pages: 1 2

Gridania Surveyors Trouble - yuyevonffx - 01-10-2014

Greetings all, This is Ariku Yuran. Some may know of the RPFC known as Gridania Surveyors on the Balmung server, originally led by Gilbert La'pine. Well as of 7a.m. PST on January 10, 2014, Gilbert stripped all the FC chest and gil put towards our FC house and switched servers to Hyperion. We are currently rebuilding what we can through a LS name The Gridania Salvagers and are doing very well. However, with 8.5m gone and also all the philo items taken and any way to contact Gilbert to have him return our hard earned materials, we have come to our fellow RPers asking for aid. A lot of us don't have hardly a thing now, we used what we put to the FC for repairs, relic requirements, money making, etc. Any and all help would be so much appreciated and would be returned as soon as we can get our FC back on its feet. Thank you all so much for reading this and have a blessed day (: If you wish to help in any way please send me a /tell in game or comment info so that I may contact you.

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Aldotsk - 01-10-2014

You can count me in for any assistance. I'll do what I can to help you guys out. I am sorry to hear that this happened.

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Kismet - 01-10-2014

I am deeply sorry to hear that. I thought it was odd when I looked at his post on the Linkshell page and saw that he changed the title to closed... Two of my buddies are in your guild, so if you need support in contacting/reporting him or just help in passing the message along, I'll do what I can.

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - LiadansWhisper - 01-10-2014

That's terrible.  I am so sorry to hear that.  Sad  What a creep.

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Nauta Lyehga - 01-10-2014

You may be able to contact Square Enix and get something back. I've heard of people like needing on loot rolls and shit and stealing stuff but then the people submitted a ticket and got it back for distribution. I don't know if that could work the same for this, but it might be worth a try!

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Whittledown - 01-10-2014

Definately get in touch with Square Enix about it.  If they can get you part or even all of what you lost back that would help a lot.

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Rosekitten - 01-10-2014

as others have said report him, even if he switched servers report him and explain the situation. Pretty sure they have something they can do against that. at the least return the items to the FC chest and the gil Sad 

I hope for the best for you all though... if i had spare mats or wasn't dirt poor myself i'd help try to do something for you and your group. </3

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - C'kayah Polaali - 01-10-2014

That's terrible! I'm sorry this happened to you. With my gil balance usually hovering around 30k, I can't really help you guys out, but my thoughts are with you and I hope Square Enix can do something to get at least part of what you lost back to you.

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Darkfae - 01-10-2014

I am going to also strongly suggest everyone who was a part of the Gridania Surveyors that remains on Balmung and active submit a ticket to Square-Enix as soon as they possibly can, explaining the situation and giving Gilbert La'pine's full character name in the ticket - even if he changed his character's name in the server move, they'll still be able to find him with their logging system, since that's all tracked even on the Lodestone.

Yoshi-P has been a huge supporter of fair play and playing nice, and I get the feeling that Squeenix is not going to let someone get away with this sort of bullocks. They'll be able to compare the logged member list of Surveyors against the current roster for Salvagers, and I'm sure when they match up, they'll give back at least some of what was taken, likely all of it less what Gilbert originally put in there himself.

However, note that this kind of restoration takes a lot of time, even though all of these transactions are likely logged even back before they made them visible to us in game with 2.1's changes. I used to work for SOE as a GM for EQ1, and while we could see all kinds of transactions, going through those records could take days, depending upon how "smart" someone got with moving things around; even basic situations, where someone just straight up took everything out of a bank and moved it to another bank, could take time because we usually had to trace things to their original source - so if they do decide to give back everything but what Gilbert himself originally put in...even that is a long bit of log reading. It's also not just as easy as moving him back over and moving those items back - likely, they're probably going to have to remake all those items on Balmung without moving him back over, then delete everything over on Hyperion...which also will take a bit of time.

So don't get too frustrated if they say they're going to refund stuff, and then it takes a few days to actually do it! It's a process, it really is, in any MMO. I personally had one character restoration that took me six or seven work days to complete because the hacker was a total wanker and dropped the items all over the ground with the hacked character on one computer, and picked them up with another hacked character on another computer...then did it three more times with three more sets of characters, all but one of which were also hacked accounts. You have no idea how much I love MMOs that don't allow for dropping items on the ground. X.x

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Aysun - 01-10-2014

OH wow that is just terrible. :/ Definitely report him to SE. That's got to be punishable.

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - ansemaru - 01-11-2014

Talk about a dick move. Now all of the advertisements I've seen for the FC in-game have taken on a rather sinister tone in retrospect- was that jerk just trying to collect as many resources as he could before jumping ship?

My heart goes out to those screwed over by his actions. Definitely report him to SE- and with any luck, he'll get caught and punished for them.

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - yuyevonffx - 01-11-2014

Thank you all so much for your support, we appreciate more than words can explain. We have managed to bring a total of 28 of us back together thus far and are continuing to get everyone back together as we see them on. It is going to be a long work in progress to get things back to where they were originally so we are being patient and moving one step at a time. We have also reported him and a few of us have heard from a GM so things will begin rolling the way they need to. So it's technically under investigation at the moment. Thanks again all (:

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Tla - 01-11-2014

I can't believe it, this is terrible :/ Hope you get everything back from Square Enix, it was really an hefty sum...

(01-11-2014, 02:23 AM)ansemaru Wrote: Talk about a dick move. Now all of the advertisements I've seen for the FC in-game have taken on a rather sinister tone in retrospect- was that jerk just trying to collect as many resources as he could before jumping ship?
That's what I thought, I was thinking of joining that guild but his eccessive want for new members and for money scared me quite a bit. He was really insisting.

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Sini'to Shadar - 01-11-2014

Seems like you had the right feeling about him. :S which is sad... I wanted to join too, but he was really strange from the beginning when i talked to him. I am sorry to hear this, this is a big shame.

RE: Gridania Surveyors Trouble - Rinh Hallani - 01-11-2014

Wow, that's...really awful. I'm so sorry for you all. I'm glad you're getting a GM response on it and hope you get it all sorted out.