Hydaelyn Role-Players
Help For A Non-RPer?!? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Help For A Non-RPer?!? (/showthread.php?tid=5960)

Help For A Non-RPer?!? - RurikarVoss - 12-28-2013

So here's the deal. I remember a few months ago, a bunch of RPer's got together and performed "I Want To Be Your Canary" at the Gridania stage. I was hoping to get ahold of some of those talented individuals and... enlist their help. Long story short, I'm setting up a "date night" of sorts. My GF and I are long distance, and this game is one of our main ways of interaction. I already have a "dinner" planned at the Bismarck, and I was hoping to take her to a play in Gridania afterwards. If any RPers who feel up to the task would be willing to put something together and perform for us, that'd be fantastic. I AM willing to pay for this. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks Smile

Oh yeah, my name in game is, you guessed it! Rurikar Voss!

RE: Help For A Non-RPer?!? - Goodfellow - 12-28-2013

I'm not a performer, I'd just like to say that this seems very cool of you and I hope you and your girlfriend have a good time.

RE: Help For A Non-RPer?!? - Faye - 12-29-2013

Very sweet idea! Big Grin I hope you both have fun!

RE: Help For A Non-RPer?!? - Oujou - 12-30-2013

I played in "I Want to Be Your Canary"(as King Leo, using an alt named Roe Pesci).  As for the RPC FC, I believe it's been since disbanded.

Be that as it may, I'd be more than happy to perform for you.  I've of course need other performers to perform with and a script of your choosing, but barring that I'm at your disposal(within reason).

I was actually thinking, based on the game's format, some original works might fare better.  Probably the biggest snag we had performing at the amphitheatre was player culling.  When too many players are in an area, the graphics engine renders some as invisible. In our case, it made some of the performers on stage invisible. For a repeat performance, a more secluded place or an unannounced performance might work better.

Come to think of it, an FC mansion would actually make for a nice place to perform, though that's a bit much as they are plenty of areas out in the world that'd be suitable as well.

In any case if you're more forthcoming with details perhaps we could come up with something.

RE: Help For A Non-RPer?!? - Xenedra - 12-30-2013

Holy crap, that's cute as hell. I wish I were on Gilgamesh so I could help you out : P

RE: Help For A Non-RPer?!? - Asgarn - 12-30-2013

It's very rare that a post makes me make a high pitched "Awwwwwh!". This post made me do such three times. I think I might be going soft... Whilst I'm on Balmung and not a performer, best of luck to you! Smile

(I'm just gonna go eat some nails to man up...)

RE: Help For A Non-RPer?!? - L'kalya Vanih - 12-31-2013

This is an amazing idea!

I'd really like to help with this if I can. If we need other performers, I might be able to ask around my FC to see if anybody else is interested. Please let me know!

RE: Help For A Non-RPer?!? - Adolar - 01-03-2014

The FC that performed "I Want To Be Your Canary" has disbanded but I recall another play that was performed by members of the <<SoUL>> FC. They're still quite active but not really on this forum. You could possibly try to get in contact with one of their members ingame. Asch'a Zehl is the FC leader.

RE: Help For A Non-RPer?!? - Gideon Aryeh - 01-09-2014

If this falls on a Friday or Saturday I have no issue providing the dinner part as Amaare regularly cooks for people at the Bismark when he is able.

RE: Help For A Non-RPer?!? - Vashies Alexander - 01-09-2014

I Know the my Knights have been talking about this on are site. Seem that most of the Knights are willing to aid you on this. If you like to talk more about it please connect my self or my co-leader L'Kayla Vanih.