Hydaelyn Role-Players
Should I host a direct FTP... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Should I host a direct FTP... (/showthread.php?tid=592)

Should I host a direct FTP... - Freyar - 09-07-2010

Should I host a direct FTP or HTTP for each patch (not including the client, hell no), how many people would use it? While I know using uTorrent (MicroTorrent) isn't hard in most situations, sometimes you need to get the patches from a unilateral source.

For example: I work at a LAN center, and at such a place, uploads tend to cause tetchy network to get more tetchy until the whole tetchy thing falls over and screams till I promise not to touch it's upload anymore.

Okay, so it isn't that bad.. Aaanyway. If I were to host something like that, how many people would use it? I need to consider how many connections and the bandwidth involved. I've got hosting with DreamHost, who tends to get mad if I open it up too much. I also have my home network as well that I could put on an FTP server and hope it doesn't kill things.

Re: Should I host a direct FTP... - Tagyr - 09-07-2010

A direct source for a patch and stuff would be very nice come release. Especially for larger patches since if it was to be anything like downloading the beta client for some than yeah....not gonna go through that again.

Re: Should I host a direct FTP... - Freyar - 09-07-2010

I've got an FTP up and running with a .rar. that provides access to every patch up to what's listed.

All patches through D2010.09.09.2000
Others can be found here.

It's run on my home network for now, so we'll have to see how it goes.

EDIT: Fixed links... should work properly now.

Re: Should I host a direct FTP... - Freyar - 09-09-2010

I added 2010.08.09 and 2010.09.09 to the FTP.

The "All Patches" RAR has been updated and now includes the 09.08 and the 09.09

Re: Should I host a direct FTP... - Freyar - 09-11-2010

2001.09.10 has been added as well as placed into a new version of the patch RAR file.

AllPatches through 20010910

Re: Should I host a direct FTP... - Magnus - 09-12-2010

Will you be adding the patches after release as well? If so I think you should start a new thread in the Game room section.

I haven't used this yet but its a great Idea! Downloading a small .RAR file is a lot easier than the 4G torrent.

Re: Should I host a direct FTP... - Freyar - 09-12-2010

Magnus Wrote:Will you be adding the patches after release as well? If so I think you should start a new thread in the Game room section.

I haven't used this yet but its a great Idea! Downloading a small .RAR file is a lot easier than the 4G torrent.

I'm considering it. I'll probably remove the beta patches and start from scratch with the client.

Re: Should I host a direct FTP... - Freyar - 09-13-2010

Latest Patch: September 12th, 2010 (Build 2000)