Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking to Join an RP Community - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Looking to Join an RP Community (/showthread.php?tid=5900)

Looking to Join an RP Community - Rickter - 12-23-2013

Hi all,

I am a FFXIV: ARR player currently on the server: Midgardsormr and I had recently stumbled on this site when googling for the official RP server for NA players in FFXIV: ARR.  I will be honest, i have never RP'd before in any form of media.  With that being said, i enjoy the RP atmosphere and the community it produces and i am looking to join a fun server.  I have some reservations however: my two choices are Gilgamesh and Balmung to my understanding.  Balmung seems "more official" than Gilgamesh and i would like to transfer there however it being a legacy server means its a one way ticket for me (you cannot transfer to a non legacy server if you are on a legacy server). So i have questions about Balmung in general and i want to feel out the community as much as i can before making a final decision.  Lets start with a little about me though:

--MMORPG background
Ive played a lot of mmos, some serious, some casual and some just to try out.  I actually was not going to give FFXIV ARR a chance because FFXIV 1.0 received such negative reviews that i had counted out ARR entirely but some friends (that no longer play anymore) talked me into it.  With that being said i have played the following mmos in this order: World of Warcraft, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, Everquest, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, Aion, back to WoW, FFXI, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Rift, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, Star Trek Online, Neverwinter, and DC Universe Online. with FFXIV that makes 17 total.

--RP experience
zero outside of creating character back stories for myself.

--Character ideas/info
My Main and one of two 50's is a Hyur Midlander named Rickter who is a Paladin.  Im still ironing out details of the back story but i would like for him to be like the storyline goes, a free paladin going about upholding the code and helping those in need.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I was googling for the official RP server for FFXIV and came across this site.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Light to Medium.  again, i dont really RP and my aim is more of being part of this community.  and what i mean by that is generally i nan RP community, gettign the best gear i nthe game is a secondary objective, with fun and immersion primary.  Also, RP communities tend to take the game more seriously and so you dont see silly names like "Hashtag Yolo" (thats a real player) running around.  Mor thought and consideration to your fellow players is taken and thats what i want as i see serious longevity in this game.  (please tell me if i have the wrong idea about RP servers)

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc) 
Well, i dont want to get too personal, but i'm 27 years old, have a wife and just had a new born son on the 20th of september.  hes a bundle of joy and i love my family a lot.  I also collect real "battle ready" carbon steel swords and im jsut really into fantasy.

so there you have it, im open to any questions you have for me but i guess my main concern is im looking for a very well populated RP server that i can join a FC and have a place in it as a PLD.  I want to be around like minded individuals that dont mind kicking back and fooling around "shooting the shit" with each other and putting a good time first.

Thanks all!

-Rickter

RE: Looking to Join an RP Community - Faye - 12-23-2013

Hello there! I haven't been to Gilgamesh for comparison, but I really like the community on Balmung! There is always RP to be found. I've noticed that a lot of RPers on Gilgamesh seem to be transferring to Balmung and the majority of new people to this site are on/going to Balmung. That being said, if you do decide on Balmung, Harbingers of Dawn would be happy to have you! We're a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. We also have an IC LS. You can learn more about us here or on our site. Please contact me if you're interested! Also, I'm happy to RP anytime so feel free to approach me if you see me around!

RE: Looking to Join an RP Community - Rickter - 12-23-2013

wow excellent! thank you for the prompt reply.  i can apply for transfer this friday! i mean this sold me (i was already leaning towards Balmung anyway).

Thank you Faye!

RE: Looking to Join an RP Community - Faye - 12-23-2013

My pleasure! I look forward to seeing you on Balmung! Big Grin

RE: Looking to Join an RP Community - Old Account - 12-23-2013

Gilgamesh still has a fairly strong community, we're just a bit smaller.  We still have our fair share of FCs.  If you're ever in our neck of the woods on an alt, feel free to swing by Limsa!  That's where the hotspots are.  Our next big server event, as far as I know, will be a tavern night at Bronze Lake in January.  Best place to see our community.  Smile

RE: Looking to Join an RP Community - Rickter - 12-23-2013

thank you both!  this is exactly what im looking for! a community in which the players see the longevity i nthe game, they are there to stay and as such make it their home.  thanks guys i really appreciate it!