Hydaelyn Role-Players
Guilds Question - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Guilds Question (/showthread.php?tid=584)

Pages: 1 2

Guilds Question - berdyne - 09-06-2010

I have not seen anything about this yet and i've been trying to figure it out for a couple of days how do you join the culinary guild or the alchemist guild so you can learn new stuff?

Re: Guilds Question - Asyria - 09-06-2010

You don't join them.. you.. err... do quests for them.. I think.. and you earn guild Marks.. with which you buy stuff exclusive to their guild.
Sorry, I don't really know the details, as I haven't seen any of those guild quests or guild marks so far. o_O
It's all still very mysterious to me.

Re: Guilds Question - Zyrusticae - 09-06-2010

Yeah, I dnno what the story NPCs are always going on about with joining this or that guild or whatever. There's simply no way to actually do that, leaving one scratching their head in confusion.

I imagine it's something that'll be in in the proper release, or something.

As for guild marks, you start gaining those from guildleves in the rank 20+ range.

Re: Guilds Question - berdyne - 09-06-2010

Interesting how do you get your skill up if you cannot buy recipies and the like. Heck has anyone who's going to Limsa Lominsa tell me where any quests are other than the starter quest, or someone who sells armor?

Re: Guilds Question - Asyria - 09-06-2010

Quests
There's the Storyline quests, which you have every 10 levels.
There's Guildleves which you can do 8 of every 48 hours. When done, you go exchange then, and you are able to exchange up to 4 that you've done for a single new one with improved reward. All guildleves are interchangeable like that. You can switch from battle leves to field leves, and the crafting leves are another story, as those are Local Guildleves, while the other types are Regional Guildleves.
Guildleves are always found at the Inn, it seems.

Crafting
The Beta sites has some basic recipes listed in the Player Guide.
Other than that, the players are expected to find out by themselves by trial and error what works and what doesn't, making crafting significantly harder but also significantly more rewarding (being the first crafter to figure out how to create The Mighty Sword of Pwning would be awesome, I suspect).

Some Crafting Databases are linked here: http://www.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1085

Armor Shops
I don't remember any from Closed Beta, they might have added some in Open but I only been in Ul'dah so far in Open and I gave the appropriate information in this thread: http://www.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1339
Other than that, try the Market Wards.

Re: Guilds Question - berdyne - 09-07-2010

You have to wait for the 48 hr timer to run out before it will let you trade them in right?

Re: Guilds Question - Kejira - 09-07-2010

berdyne Wrote:You have to wait for the 48 hr timer to run out before it will let you trade them in right?

Well kind of, it takes 48 hours before you can Exchange the leves you have finished(or failed) to get new ones.

Re: Guilds Question - Renaise - 09-07-2010

Asyria Wrote:Quests

Physical or job level? And when you get to that level are they started automatically or do you have to go see an NPC?

Re: Guilds Question - Kejira - 09-07-2010

Renaise Wrote:
Asyria Wrote:Quests

Physical or job level? And when you get to that level are they started automatically or do you have to go see an NPC?

Job, got the next one when i got to level 10 conjurer and you get it from the innkeeper you first meet in the diffrent cities, past 20 i'm not sure.

Re: Guilds Question - Gerick - 09-10-2010

So you can do 8 guildleves every 48 hours? what do you do for xp after that? I just finished the first four noob guildleves and kinda felt lost after that.

Re: Guilds Question - Skye - 09-10-2010

Gerick Wrote:So you can do 8 guildleves every 48 hours? what do you do for xp after that? I just finished the first four noob guildleves and kinda felt lost after that.
That's where the grind starts.

Skye Wrote:
Gerick Wrote:So you can do 8 guildleves every 48 hours? what do you do for xp after that? I just finished the first four noob guildleves and kinda felt lost after that.
That's where the grind starts.
Frustrated

Re: Guilds Question - Tadir - 09-10-2010

Fish.

That seems like a horrible lack of content if you can essentially only do 8 quests every 2 days. Tht really hurts my opinion of the game.

Re: Guilds Question - Tadir - 09-10-2010

Remember, this is beta. From what I've heard most of the quests have not been activated. There are the starter quests to do if you haven't. The Treasures of the Main and equivalent quest lines.