Hydaelyn Role-Players
Primal Battles Preview - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Primal Battles Preview (/showthread.php?tid=5753)

Primal Battles Preview - Kannadi - 12-10-2013

[Image: 08be66738fa9d456e9d9857ae3f8fbc63bbcb912.png]

Today's patch 2.1 preview will give players a sneak peak at the new primal battles! Adventurers must now face the power of Garuda, Titan, and Ifrit in their extreme incarnations, reawakened by the fervent devotion of their followers. The prayers of mooglekind have also been answered, summoning Good King Moggle Mog XII to the fray!

Show Content

RE: Primal Battles Preview - Olofantur - 12-10-2013

So excited to fight the Good King again, the fluffy bugger better drop my staff this time!

Thanks for cross posting it all here Kannadi!

RE: Primal Battles Preview - Edgar - 12-10-2013

So, judging by the order in which we face them, it looks like Extreme Ifrit might be the toughest.

However, having seen the videos with Extreme Titan, I shudder to imagine what they've done to complicate what is normally considered the most straightforward of the Primal battles.

RE: Primal Battles Preview - Olofantur - 12-10-2013

(12-10-2013, 05:12 PM)Edgar Wrote: So, judging by the order in which we face them, it looks like Extreme Ifrit might be the toughest.

However, having seen the videos with Extreme Titan, I shudder to imagine what they've done to complicate what is normally considered the most straightforward of the Primal battles.

I agree that it will be interesting to see what they do to Ifirit, if you look at the small text he has the highest "minimum item level" requirement at 70, so I think he'll be considered the "last" extreme for this bunch.

Maybe they'll make the duration between the separation and cross arena charge shorter giving less time to move.

Also from the video of 2.1 the infrnal nails looked much larger, and further spread out, so unlikely one BLM/SUM LB will be able to catch them all.

Add to that maybe a continues ground rupture? (the one leaving cracks before they burst.) and maybe faster fire circles into plumes?

I'm excited Big Grin

RE: Primal Battles Preview - Tla - 12-10-2013

(12-10-2013, 05:19 PM)Olofantur Wrote:
(12-10-2013, 05:12 PM)Edgar Wrote: So, judging by the order in which we face them, it looks like Extreme Ifrit might be the toughest.

I agree that it will be interesting to see what they do to Ifirit, if you look at the small text he has the highest "minimum item level" requirement at 70, so I think he'll be considered the "last" extreme for this bunch.

Maybe they'll make the duration between the separation and cross arena charge shorter giving less time to move.

Also from the video of 2.1 the infrnal nails looked much larger, and further spread out, so unlikely one BLM/SUM LB will be able to catch them all.

Add to that maybe a continues ground rupture? (the one leaving cracks before they burst.) and maybe faster fire circles into plumes?

I'm excited Big Grin

Oh yeah the nails being so spread I noticed too right away, I really wonder how you're supposed to take them down...unless they're around for longer?

Honestly I think I'll only try Ifrit, it's the only Primal that doesn't irritate me Tongue Hell, I'm still stuck in relic progression because I want full AF2 or almost before daring HM Titan ^^''' And from the video Extreme Titan is just...how on earth???

Also I still haven't understood what the difficulty of new Ultima battle is!

RE: Primal Battles Preview - Olofantur - 12-11-2013

(12-10-2013, 08:16 PM)Tlamila Wrote: Oh yeah the nails being so spread I noticed too right away, I really wonder how you're supposed to take them down...unless they're around for longer?

Honestly I think I'll only try Ifrit, it's the only Primal that doesn't irritate me Tongue Hell, I'm still stuck in relic progression because I want full AF2 or almost before daring HM Titan ^^''' And from the video Extreme Titan is just...how on earth???

Also I still haven't understood what the difficulty of new Ultima battle is!

Eh HM Titans Darklight-able but I understand, let me know if you need a BLM,

I think the Ultima battle, and rampant speculation abound, will likely have even stronger tie ins to the Primals. I'm guessing likely a combination of signature moves, and as he "De-aspects" as the different ones clear perhaps he begins using more and more custom Allagan abilities.

Admittedly the details were pretty sparse :<