Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ciel Valke - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Ciel Valke (/showthread.php?tid=5740)

Ciel Valke - Valke - 12-09-2013

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Ciel Valke, Wayward Sage

• Primary character: Ciel Valke

• Linkshells: Sidekicks

• Primary RP linkshell: None

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Light/Medium. I'm not always IC, but if you ask nicely and I'm not already in the middle of something, I may be interested in roleplaying with you! If you talk to me and I'm not available for any reason at all, I'll be sure to send you a /tell to notify you so maybe we can come to an arrangement. Please note that I'm more of an adventure/storytelling type of roleplayer, so I may not be a good pick of you favor intimate relationships.

• Views on RP combat and injuries: I like RP combat, but I also like my RP combat when it's fair and with a hint of unexpected. I usually use dice rolls for combat roleplay, but I'm open to freeform to an extent.

I'm not exactly fond of "superpowered" characters with animesque explosive "limit break" moves. I understand this is a Fantasy game, but I like my combat to remain semi-realistic if possible.

• Views on IC romance: It all depends on the character. I never force an IC romance on a character for which it doesn't make sense. I'm -EXTREMELY- difficult when it comes to it, and it will usually be a slow process of characters getting to know one another really well. If I feel, in any way, that someone's being forceful and trying to make it progress faster than it should, I won't be afraid to call it off.

In short, I don't do RP romance for the drama or "ERP", but as a completely optional but very pleasant addition to my characters. I welcome friendship, partnerships and anything that can develop with the flow of stories but will never roleplay for the sole reason of developing a romantic relationship. It's simply not my focus.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): My characters are very open in that regard. I'll usually only get into serious plotting with players I've known for some time, however, as I would with Romantic RP.

• Views on lore: Lore-bending is alright. The lore is rich, but incomplete. There's place for some mild interpretation and creativity. It's our job to fill the gaps while keeping it in the acceptable range of the fantasy style of the game. Lore-breaking, however, I don't really agree with. What we have, we should keep as it is. Just because we can add to the lore doesn't mean we have to mess up what's already in place. Even if it's really well done, there's a great chance I won't be willing to get involved in anything that outright breaks the lore.

All in all, there are things I don't agree with, but I'm not going to bother you about it. If I don't like it, I'll generally just avoid it and let you enjoy your thing.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): I usually use present tense, and use dual quotes (" ") for dialogue, as I'll slip in some facial expressions or the likes in between sentences, sometimes. Most actions are in /em, unless preceded by dialogue.

For roleplay in crowded areas (i.e. the Quicksand, or social server events such as Tavern Nights), I like to use Party Chat with the people I'm with as I easily get lost in all the scrolling text.

I would use /tell if my character whispers to another.

III. Other Info

• Timezone: EST

• Contact info:I can be contacted through PMs on the forums, or through /tells in-game.

RE: Ciel Lazuli - Valke - 01-09-2014

• Wiki update - 9/1/2014 - I know I'm slow with this whole wiki profile thing I'm very sorry. c: I did try to make Ciel's personality as clear as possible for now, as I think it's kind of important for people to be able to grasp that, at least? There's much more to be added, a lot of work to do, and it's probably going to take me forever, so if you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask me in-game or on here through PMs!

RE: Ciel Lazuli - Valke - 01-09-2014

• Extra: For those who were unaware, or noticed the character before it occurred, Ciel went through a full appearance change, race included. The character's story is being reworked around this (which is pretty much fine, considering there was not much that was revealed in the first place) and the appearance change is absolutely not IC (as in, there is no in-character reason for the change. She is, and has always been Highlander.)

RE: Ciel Lazuli - Valke - 02-09-2014

• Wiki update - 9/2/2014 - Exactly one month later (which I find slightly creepy to be honest), here comes another update! Ciel's "childhood" history has been posted, along with the names (as well as short descriptions) of her parents. Once again, if you have any questions or would like to role play, hit me up in-game or through PMs. 

RE: Ciel Lazuli - Valke - 08-08-2014

• Wiki update - 8/8/2014 - A truly overdue update. Made some needed changes to her Personality and rewrote the Childhood history entirely, adding and changing certain details. Her more current history has been added at the same time, and Combat information has been added. 

RE: Ciel Lazuli - Valke - 10-18-2014

• Directory update - 8/8/2014 - Changed quite a few things in here. The Wiki is well due for another update, since a lot has happened lately, but that'll be for another time!

RE: Ciel Valke - Valke - 09-20-2015

• Directory update - 20/9/2015 - Ciel Lazuli has gone through a major revamp. Writing for her has been a constant struggle, and I kept changing my mind. She was never a stable character, as her primary purpose had never really been roleplay in the first place. I'm hoping through this drastic revamp, I might finally be able to find some stability. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

More information + a RPC profile coming sooner than later, I hope.