Hydaelyn Role-Players
Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] (/showthread.php?tid=5529)

Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Torvhan - 11-17-2013

As the tribe grows people have mentioned it has been increasingly difficult to keep track of the current status of family members.

The purpose of this thread is threefold:

One: To create a listing of tribe member's locations and a brief status as a one-stop shop, so that players can keep up to date with in character knowledge they would likely know or to satisfy curious minds.

Two: A place for players to post updates and status changes that affect their character. (Traveling outside the tribe, major injuries, deaths, or anything else you would like the tribe to know.)

Three: A place to discuss (or post important Skype discussions) changes to the family tree or status of an NPC. These can include: new members and deciding where to place them (on the family tree) or skype chats - such as when we decided K'yohko was in fact NOT dead *wink*

One final note discussion here should focus on present day events and statuses. Another thread will be created in the future to focus on greater organization of the tribes history.

PS: Our keepers are welcome to post as well, although I personally don't have much information to start off with.

Main Camp Member Listing
Show Content

Missing Tribe member listing
Show Content

Player Characters
Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

NPCs
Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Xha'li Moui - 11-17-2013

Xha'li recently moved quite suddenly from LL to Coerthas due to FC story stuffs, though he is as of yet unaware of his ancestry.  My plan is to have him find out soonish, so he'll be looking into it by years end.

RE: Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Khaze'to Zhwan - 11-18-2013

I find it amusing that its the keepers that reply first, I too plan on making a pootential contact soon now that I am based in ul'dah.

RE: Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Naunet - 11-19-2013

Antimony (K'piru) is currently staying in Ul'dah while she investigates potential money fraud and/or some other underhanded dealings between a unit of the Brass Blades and a certain D tribe family group in the city. In case folk didn't know. xD

RE: Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Clover - 11-20-2013

K'nahli and K'mih are staying at the Sagolii desert for the time being, wherever the tribe is located. I'd like them to make another short trip to Ul'dah for the sake of RP, but perhaps they should wait for the search party to come back.

RE: Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Nauta Lyehga - 11-20-2013

K'luha is yes, with the search party. 
K'yohko is hangin' in the Sagolii. Of course.

We got a hold of K'raqi's player the other night. He said that he wanted K'raqi to have gone missing while recovering in Ul'dah and that he did not go missing of his own accord and he was kidnapped. So this would have happened about launch time so he's been missing for like 2ish months.

RE: Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Torvhan - 11-21-2013

Concerning K'raqi
Hmm thats an interesting idea. Wish I had skype right now: so do you know if any of his brood was with him when he went missing or were they all with the tribe?

It was suggested earlier that a few of the eldest might be staying with him in ul'dah why he recovered.

Also do we think the tribe just learned about this or have we had a search party out investigating ((plenty of NPC's to "use")) I personally think the second would be best especially considering how many people have been to Ul'dah recently, it seems unlikey that it took us this long to find out.

If you decide anything on skype you should drop the skype discussion off.

RE: Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Nauta Lyehga - 11-21-2013

I would have figured he was taken or went missing about the time of launch and K'luha would have found out instantly as she is the most frequent visitor to Ul'dah. I doubt the tribe has the means to send a search party for him as in the recent roleplays its been said they're lacking in basic food and water to feed the tribe. Perhaps some of his older children decided to go looking for him or something, but I wouldn't really worry that much about it. Other than to note that he went missing from where he was recovering and the tribe hasn't had the means to look for him.

RE: Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Torvhan - 11-22-2013

This has been bugging me every time we bring up the topic, it seems like everyone has a different view on how severe the issue is.

I would have thought that if it was as severe as: "we need every possible hunter out there or we'll starve" then the meeting would have gone alot more towards getting the heck out of the Sagolii.

As I saw it there is a lack of resources in the desert and even if we throw more hunters at the issue it won't increase the bounty appreciably. When you look at the numbers a vast majority of the tribe are hunting age females and a few males. We have a very small non-combatant population currently and the hunters themselves being active adults hare likely the biggest eaters. So I think it would be possible to spare a few (much like the scouting party) because it also means less mouths to feed, and a decreased change of a hunting party returning empty handed.

I personally dislike brushing the missing aside (even if their players have left) cause it either requires meta-game breaking immersion or leads me to believe the tribe is heartless. "Oh well K'raqi got kidnapped, well that sucks nothing we can do about it."

And I know K'luha is one of the least heartless members we have.

RE: Family Matters [A Hipparion Tribe Discussion Thread] - Ildur - 11-23-2013

There's no need to be heartless about it. Just play the situation as it is presented: K'raqi has been kidnapped and nobody knows who or why did it. You can poke (on-screen or off-screen) the Brass Blades or the Immortal Flames for information. You can have your characters react to the lack of actions to be taken over the matter. Get angry or depressed! Or comfort those characters that see the hopelessness of the situation. Spend a week or two with the matter. Or not.

That is, of course, if the kidnapping can even be confirmed ICly. Otherwise, he's just another K tribe missing member.

On another note, K'airos is somewhere in Ul'dah's territory. Since she's a Brass Blade, I can arbitrarily drop her anywhere in Thanalan and justify it with "orders". She's been in Drybone for a while now.