Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Beta Question topic... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Beta Question topic... (/showthread.php?tid=541)

Pages: 1 2

The Beta Question topic... - Renaise - 09-03-2010

Have a question about something in beta that you cant find out anywhere, ask here and some knowledgeable types might come in and answer it for you... that or they'll mock you mercilessly. But hey worth a try right?

My question for the BQT is:

Can we travel between cities yet? Even if we have to just walk that fine with me, though as I'm in Limsa Lominsa, have no idea where to walk to Tongue

Re: The Beta Question topic... - Tadir - 09-03-2010

Please, you don't even know that. What kind of tester are you? You should probably just quit. No one wants you there anyway.

>_>

Mocking was one of the acceptable options for answers...right?

Re: The Beta Question topic... - Renaise - 09-03-2010

Tadir Wrote:Please, you don't even know that. What kind of tester are you? You should probably just quit. No one wants you there anyway.

>_>

Mocking was one of the acceptable options for answers...right?

Yup it was Tongue should have seen it coming really should I? Moogle

Probably. I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd really like to. So everyone else, is there travel between countries yet?

Re: The Beta Question topic... - Asyria - 09-03-2010

According to some shellies (that's like guildies, right? for linkshelles?), yes! You can take a boat from Ul'dah then run the rest of the way to Limsa and I think for Gridanaia, it's mostly on foot? Or something?
Anyways, you can.
And unless you forget to visit the Aetheryte you only need to do it once, too.

My turn!

Can we create additional Tabs in our chat window and if so, how?
Haven't been able to figure that out, yet.

To my knowledge they have not yet implemented customizable chat windows. I wish they would though.

Re: The Beta Question topic... - Vareal - 09-03-2010

Can you buy new equipment? If so, where can you in each city. Gridania first please Big Grin

Re: The Beta Question topic... - Tagyr - 09-03-2010

Indeed travel between the cities is possible now. Uldah being 'central' between the two. The walk to Limsa is about 15 odd minutes through the surrounding countryside to get to a boat that takes 8 minutes to sail to Limsa. About a 20 minute walk from Uldah to Gridania.

Both of these is just sticking to the roads. Gridania forests are like a maze off the road.

I found that each city has different vendors. I've seen some with gear, some with materials for crafting. Think shop types are connected to what guilds are in each city. Can't think of the exact ones off the top of my head.

Where can I grab the boat to and from? already in Limsa... so just need to find where that boat is... went out to Aleport and Wineport... no luck there, cool places for some RP though >.>

Re: The Beta Question topic... - Tagyr - 09-03-2010

Hmm, it is in Limsa. If I remember right it's down around the southern end of the city. There's a gate you have to approach and interact with to get to the docking area of the ferry. It looks like a set of waist high gates with an NPC on each side. One is an entrance, the other an exit.

Re: The Beta Question topic... - Aveline - 09-03-2010

Yep, just docked in Limsa then got my Aether point and teleported back to Ul'dah. The ferry docks at the same spot where your boat does in the opening Limsa-Lominsa cut scene. You can't just walk on the ferry like you did in XI (*sadface*), you have to talk to an NPC and you'll get a cutscene where you run on to the boat.

That's disappointing. Also, your next post is 800.

Tonberry

Aveline Wrote:Yep, just docked in Limsa then got my Aether point and teleported back to Ul'dah. The ferry docks at the same spot where your boat does in the opening Limsa-Lominsa cut scene. You can't just walk on the ferry like you did in XI (*sadface*), you have to talk to an NPC and you'll get a cutscene where you run on to the boat.

Cool, thanks guys, going to do a big Aetherpoint run tonight I think... assuming the crashes let up a bit >.>

I'll try to make my character and be on to join you for it.

Re: The Beta Question topic... - Aveline - 09-03-2010

Quote:That's disappointing. Also, your next post is 800.
wooohoo! Also, so is yours. Big Grin