Hydaelyn Role-Players
BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack (/showthread.php?tid=5400)

BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Tobias Nightbringer - 11-08-2013

Title kind of says it all. From the jist of it, it seems people have had their gil that is currently on their character (but not on their retainer) stolen somehow after checking the Market Board. Or something similar. Click on the link below to read further details.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/116540-Market-board-forced-to-buy-an-item-on-the-board-while-not-at-the-market-board

RE: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Yloise - 11-08-2013

Amazing!

This makes me kind of glad that I do not have much gil to my name. Being poor I guess is a blessing?

RE: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Magellan - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 08:41 AM)Yloise Dolet Wrote: Amazing!

This makes me kind of glad that I do not have much gil to my name. Being poor I guess is a blessing?

But.... under your name it says 'burglar'. Does this mean you are bad at your job? :p

Also, how the hell do people have 6 million gil already >_>

RE: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Tobias Nightbringer - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 11:13 AM)Magellan Wrote: But.... under your name it says 'burglar'. Does this mean you are bad at your job? :p

Also, how the hell do people have 6 million gil already >_>

Tobias is most certainly going to try to make Yloise seem bad at her job Tongue Well, in that particular field anyway!

And the same way people get to max level in like less than a week. I for one, have one too many commitment issues to focus on just doing that Tongue

(11-08-2013, 08:41 AM)Yloise Dolet Wrote: Amazing!

Being poor, a blessing in disguise! I just hope all the victims of this got their gil refunded!

RE: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Nox - 11-08-2013

-rubs temples- Why can't people just play the (pardon my language) fucking game like normal players?

RE: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Olofantur - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 04:04 PM)Nox Wrote: -rubs temples- Why can't people just play the (pardon my language) fucking game like normal players?

if you're referring to the people using the hack, its likely an RMT group and not average players. I've made a point of keeping tabs on the ffxiv reddit, and the /v/ ffxiv general thread that touched on the topic, it seems to be a common set of sellers using it.

(I can provide a few forum links if you'd like, the jist of it is that there are 4 primary items being used as the "selling items" and while they use the typical retainer with gibberish name, its so far seemed to be 3-4 retainers per server.)

I'm fortunate enough to keep the bulk of my gil on my retainers, and will be depositing my "slush fund" at the inn as well tonight, but as to forum post linked by Tobias points out, its part of the flaw in SEs system, a "fix" for now is to stay clear of areas with the market boards and keep under 1m gil on you. (most of the reports being purchases in excess of 1mil, I suppose if that dries up they'll go for pretty much anything.) I'll be camping out in the Golden Bazaar, have a pint, and wait for all this to blows over. Chocobo

RE: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Tobias Nightbringer - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 04:13 PM)Olofantur Wrote: if you're referring to the people using the hack, its likely unsavory Chinese gold farmers and not average players.

Fixed that for ya, Olofantur Tongue 

But yeah, KEEP YOUR GIL SAFE PEOPLE! 

HEY! We could even make this into a kind of storyline xD Be some SERRRRRIOUS Master Thieves and the like going down! Perfect for the cut-purse types!

RE: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Freemoon - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 05:47 PM)Tobias Nightbringer Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 04:13 PM)Olofantur Wrote: if you're referring to the people using the hack, its likely unsavory Chinese gold farmers and not average players.

Fixed that for ya, Olofantur Tongue 

Hey now, those farmers work hard in those gold mines where they sow their gold seeds and...   What?  You mean that isn't what it means?

But seriously, this is pretty crazy and I'm sad to see that it was able to happen.  Kinda glad I'm poorer than dirt than has been swindled to buy a farm in the middle of Lake Michigan at the moment.

RE: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - K'nahli - 11-08-2013

Yoshida responded to this issue:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/01985a5bbaf1346955e8e60230057fdd6d4e76ec

RE: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Clover - 11-09-2013

(11-08-2013, 08:41 AM)Yloise Dolet Wrote: This makes me kind of glad that I do not have much gil to my name. Being poor I guess is a blessing?

Haha, that's my case as well. I hear about people losing "several millions" and wonder how they managed to get that rich.

(11-08-2013, 04:04 PM)Nox Wrote: -rubs temples- Why can't people just play the (pardon my language) fucking game like normal players?

My thoughts, exactly (minus the swearing *laughs*). Everywhere we go, be it real life or games, we'll be surrounded by idiots trying to take others down for their own convenience.

RE: BEWARE Market Board Glitch/Hack - Yloise - 11-09-2013

(11-08-2013, 09:17 PM)Knahli Wrote: Yoshida responded to this issue:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/01985a5bbaf1346955e8e60230057fdd6d4e76ec

*Regarding the origin of the issue and the affected situation*

Amount Affected: Approx. 200 cases

Requirement: Must be logged in
Place of Occurrence: Only in Certain Specific Worlds
Area of Occurrence: Only when in certain zones
Requirements: Only when having more than several thousand Gils(Excluding the retainer amount)

The issue will only occur if you fall into all of the requirements listed above, and also if the third party fraud targets you.

Resolving Method: No sizable roll backs/Operation team will be attending individually.

This means, best to stay out of anyplace that has a market board at the moment. Or keep your exposure to it minimal to prevent any attack.