Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea (/showthread.php?tid=5377)

[Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - Loki - 11-06-2013

I'm curious how many people would be interested in a story-arc spanning over a lengthy amount of time that involves future classes/jobs.  My line of thinking is a story-arc focused around Blue Magic (Or whatever it will be called in the XIV universe.) and eventually the Blue Mage.

It'd involve a darker theme'd genre as was in XI's story line for Blue Mages.  If I do plan something along this line; how many would be interested in helping me start this up? In other words; who wants to be an accomplice to a mad man?

RE: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - Kismet - 11-07-2013

I'm a little confused. If Blue Mage is never released as an actual class in FFXIV... then what?

RE: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - Loki - 11-07-2013

(11-07-2013, 01:13 AM)Kismet Wrote: I'm a little confused. If Blue Mage is never released as an actual class in FFXIV... then what?

The arc would continue until it's eventually resolved and a culprit is named. But given that Yoshi-P himself has said he wants to put Blue Mage in; I don't doubt he wouldn't add it eventually down the road.

RE: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - Xenedra - 11-07-2013

What if you come up with a storyline for it and bluemage ends up with totally different lore Angry?

RE: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - LandStander - 11-07-2013

While I applaud you for your creativity, I think you are playing with a bomb here. Making up your own lore with no in game lore to back it up always turns out bad. It's about as bad as someone trying to explain IC about how their Elezen is a Sith Lord Sad.

RE: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - Kismet - 11-07-2013

LandStander had the courage to honestly say what I could not. XD

RE: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - Loki - 11-07-2013

I guess I kind of didn't explain well enough; I'm horrible with explaining my ideas when I first post them but now that I've had time to gather my thoughts I guess I can give it a re-shot.
The idea isn't going to be directly tied to Blue Mage. It's more so on the focus of experimentation with various forms of blood types; vilekin, beastkin, wavekin, ect. to enhance or gain current or new abilities. I guess when I mentioned Blue Mage I was thinking more on the lines of how in XI you fought monsters to gain their abilities and how it somewhat related to my idea. In no way am I trying to create lore and scribe it as factual by in game standards. 

My idea is focusing again, around experimentation; whether willing or unwilling (As far as the person who agrees to go with) with a secretive faction infusing others with the blood of various creatures to study and research the reactions of how it affects the common mind and possibly tweak the mixture slightly to work better in varying cases.

In no way do I plan to force people into this; it was merely a suggestion to get Balmung on track to where there's more RP interaction through out the community as a whole as I've seen a lot of complaints that Balmung lacks in community events when Gilgamesh is thriving with them.

RE: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - LandStander - 11-08-2013

That is more interesting ^^. Sadly I do not have any characters that I think I could contribute to such a project.

There are lots of events on Balmung. You have the two times a week (i think going down to once a week now) tournaments held by The Grindstone that usually churn out 30+ people. Someone just started having a wine house that is open on Wednesdays at Wineport. There was that giant event (waaaay too huge) held at the float, and another event Winter Speed Meeting that is being thrown together soon.

RE: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - Naunet - 11-08-2013

(11-07-2013, 11:07 PM)Ravij Wrote: My idea is focusing again, around experimentation; whether willing or unwilling (As far as the person who agrees to go with) with a secretive faction infusing others with the blood of various creatures to study and research the reactions of how it affects the common mind and possibly tweak the mixture slightly to work better in varying cases.

This sounds fantastically and diabolically evilawesome. Mad (it's legitimate!) science, questionable moral boundaries, psychological complexities - all stuff I love to see in RP! >:3

RE: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - Loki - 11-09-2013

(11-08-2013, 05:00 AM)LandStander Wrote: That is more interesting ^^. Sadly I do not have any characters that I think I could contribute to such a project.

I'm glad I was better able to explain it then.

(11-08-2013, 11:10 AM)Naunet Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 11:07 PM)Ravij Wrote: My idea is focusing again, around experimentation; whether willing or unwilling (As far as the person who agrees to go with) with a secretive faction infusing others with the blood of various creatures to study and research the reactions of how it affects the common mind and possibly tweak the mixture slightly to work better in varying cases.

This sounds fantastically and diabolically evilawesome. Mad (it's legitimate!) science, questionable moral boundaries, psychological complexities - all stuff I love to see in RP! >:3

If you're interested in helping me you're more than welcome to. Just PM me here or add me on skype at SilverLineageProductions.

RE: [Balmung] Story-Arc Idea - Roen - 11-13-2013

I agree with Naunet.  This idea sounds diabolical!