Hydaelyn Role-Players
Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] (/showthread.php?tid=5182)

Pages: 1 2

Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Luka - 10-20-2013

[Image: winey.png%3Cimg%20src=]

Dear Citizens,
[Image: wineport.png]

If you have received this letter it is to inform you that you are invited to our weekly Wineport Festival held on Wednesdays! We will be hosting many events including our local vintners would like you to share and taste their most exquisite wine from some of the finest vinyards from around the world. If you are interested in participating in any of our contests, please contact Luka Lavurelle our head Vinter who oversees all production. Thank you for you're consideration and we hope to see you at the event! 

Sincerely,
Wineport Vinyards

[Image: info.png]
OOC Information

Opening Date:  10/30/2013
Where: Wineport, Eastern La Noscea
Time: 4PM~7PM PST
Attire: Casual Wear or Formal. 

Events:  

Best Wine of the Season Contest : Many participants sign up to showcase their wine and the audience picks a winner who will have their poster placed as best Vinter of the year.

Blind Date Raffle:  Unlike a normal date auction where a contestant bids on a person he/she see's, we will be having a blind date raffle. They will put their age and a statement about themselves that does not reveal who they are such as race, sex, etc. We will then match you up with someone based on their sentence written, with a place and time you can meet them at. This way there are no spoilers. Note, this does not have to be a romantic pursuit but simply to meet someone new.
(ooc note: You write down a sentence and give a list of dates/times 
you can meet up. You will then meet your "blind date" at that location)

Performances:  Many performers including but not limited too, singing, dancing, comedy hour, & stage plays on occasion. 

We are currently hiring for the following positions:

Bartender
Servers/Hostess
Performers
Vinters for Winemaking.
Security
Professional Greeter

Any interested parties need contact Luka Lavurelle.
Thank you. 

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Lan Darklyn - 10-20-2013

This looks to be really awesome, I think the blind date auction looks to be really fun too. I'll check to see what work is going to be like this week and let you know if Lan can help, maybe as security.

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Brave - 10-20-2013

This sounds great.
We see so many other locations being taken advantage of, why not a vineyard!

With a bonafide culinary skill in the game you could also have a menu or other fun activities like "Iron Chef" styled battles or even fancy ballroom styled masquer-

*shoves hopeless romantic side back into its box*

Bring on the Auroch flanks and serenade me with a roegadame alto and chiqote soprano >.>

I definitely said nothing about slow dancing.

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - LandStander - 10-20-2013

Whelp, it looks like Dennthota will now show up at all the Wednesday Grindstone events completely hammered. Thanks for having this Big Grin!

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized I have school 4-7pm on Wednesdays ; ;

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Luka - 10-20-2013

(10-20-2013, 09:11 PM)Brave Wrote: This sounds great.

With a bonafide culinary skill in the game you could also have a menu or other fun activities like "Iron Chef" styled battles or even fancy ballroom styled masquer-

Bring on the Auroch flanks and serenade me with a roegadame alto and chiqote soprano >.>

These are all amazing ideas! I think a cooking competition sounds nice, and there will definately be plenty of dancing. I'll have to make sure this event doesn't affect any others going on wednesday so please notify me if it's within a resonable time! I wanted to make it so that people getting off work could possibly attend. Smile

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Brave - 10-20-2013

(10-20-2013, 09:55 PM)Luka Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 09:11 PM)Brave Wrote: This sounds great.

These are all amazing ideas! I think a cooking competition sounds nice, and there will definately be plenty of dancing. I'll have to make sure this event doesn't affect any others going on wednesday so please notify me if it's within a resonable time! I wanted to make it so that people getting off work could possibly attend. Smile
Well it reminded me of some of the fine dining events we have here in town.  

Restaurant week is an event held over the summer where our downtown area offers a predetermined course of some of their restaurants entrees.  Its like a fancier version of a cook off.

Having wine tastings is pretty par for the course of most vineyards and coupling it with a band or some kind of storyteller can really make for a fun scene.

If this winds up becoming a pretty popular idea you could also offer up the idea of hosting weddimg parties, award ceremonies, or other important events.

Vineyards have a reputation for celebrating the finer things in life, and the 12 know we have enough taverns to work with. Big Grin

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - TheLastCandle - 10-22-2013

Sounds intriguing! Will definitely have Tev attend.

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - CaenMacleod - 10-24-2013

count me in! would definitely love to attend this event.

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Luka - 10-26-2013

Still looking for Vinter! If anything this will be a new place for people to gather and be able to find some roleplay within the community! A festival of Wine Smile I'm sure even Rogedlyn will enjoy.

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Brave - 10-26-2013

(10-26-2013, 09:52 PM)Luka Wrote: Still looking for Vinter! If anything this will be a new place for people to gather and be able to find some roleplay within the community! A festival of Wine Smile I'm sure even Rogedlyn will enjoy.
Actually... I gave my character a gluten allergy because I love torturing him ><
BUT I'm pretty sure that means wine would be a little more accessible rofl. (so at least one Roe should be there ><)

Looking forward to this event though.  As for a vinter I hope someone steps up to the plate.  Taking the time to brag about your grapes, and fermenting techniques could lead to all manner of interesting RP.

I'm going to have to request some gruyere, brie, and emmental cheese with crostini and fresh baguette!  Samples of fruit, smoked salmon, and if we're feeling particularly refined we could even throw down with a salmon roe (not to be confused with a salmon colored Roe =P) or caviar ><

Yep... good food will be a pretty sure fire way to lure out the crowd meh thinks =D

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Luka - 10-30-2013

I want to apologize for people who showed up for Wineport Wednesday. I was really looking forward to that event but my computer must have had a virus because it wouldn't turn on. I had to call my friend to come fix it, and we ended up having to wipe have of my computer so most of my pictures etc are gone. I feel terrible as I hate to have made anybody waiting! I'm still hoping to host this event, and would appreciate it if anybody interested would send me some PM's. Blush Again, I'm so embarrased that I was unable to attend this event, and have been busy re-downloading FFXIV:ARR even. 

I was hoping this event could take off, so we roleplayers could make Wineport a central point for RP as the tavern is quite nice and allows for the bartender to actually use the bar. It's one of my favorite locations as note. I will be doing this again shortly complete with staff!

Thank you for all that showed up anyway, and I really appreciate the support! And again, sorry that so many waited and for nothing. I hope many atleast were able to go from WIneport to the Grindstone Tournament which I was also looking forward too. 

Sincerely,
Luka Lavurelle

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Brave - 10-31-2013

(10-30-2013, 10:33 PM)Luka Wrote: I want to apologize for people who showed up for Wineport Wednesday. I was really looking forward to that event but my computer must have had a virus because it wouldn't turn on. I had to call my friend to come fix it, and we ended up having to wipe have of my computer so most of my pictures etc are gone. I feel terrible as I hate to have made anybody waiting! I'm still hoping to host this event, and would appreciate it if anybody interested would send me some PM's. Blush Again, I'm so embarrased that I was unable to attend this event, and have been busy re-downloading FFXIV:ARR even. 

I was hoping this event could take off, so we roleplayers could make Wineport a central point for RP as the tavern is quite nice and allows for the bartender to actually use the bar. It's one of my favorite locations as note. I will be doing this again shortly complete with staff!

Thank you for all that showed up anyway, and I really appreciate the support! And again, sorry that so many waited and for nothing. I hope many atleast were able to go from WIneport to the Grindstone Tournament which I was also looking forward too. 

Sincerely,
Luka Lavurelle
There was a good show I think.  I'm willing to still help/support this idea but maybe having some other people to be your back up etc might be advisable =)  That way if ANYONE (not just you) has difficulty making it we have other people to turn too.  =)

We managed to have some simple RP though and a decent crowd

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Fates Skein - 10-31-2013

Hey, stuff happens!  Looking forward to the next one and I hope your computer troubles clear up! Smile

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Nebbs - 10-31-2013

Unfortunately being in UK I could only be there for the first hour. However, it was good to see a reasonable turnout and that people got down to some RP anyhow.

Perhaps the shipment of wine and cheese most were hoping for was waylaid by the Imperials up the road. Sounds like we should go and get the good stuff back! Or maybe invite them next time>

Anyhow, I look forwards to the next one and Nebbs will bet there at the start.

RE: Wineport Wednesdays [OPENS - 10/30/13] - Swashbuckler - 10-31-2013

I'm sad that I missed this in lieu of wanting to run Haukke Manor last night. Sad

But I'd love to go to the next one. Big Grin