Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sophia_Grave - 04-06-2014

Free bump, on account of how much fun I had at tonight's Grinstone.

If you haven't attended yet, I urge you to at least stop by as a spectator if not a combatant ;D

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Aysun - 04-06-2014

Been a few times recently to spectate and always enjoy watching. Smile

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - LandStander - 04-06-2014

(04-06-2014, 01:29 AM)Apl_Juice Wrote: Free bump, on account of how much fun I had at tonight's Grinstone.

If you haven't attended yet, I urge you to at least stop by as a spectator if not a combatant ;D
Gah, you always go there when I can't make it. I have only seen you once ; ;

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sophia_Grave - 04-06-2014

Ha, I ended up going completely on a whim actually; almost missed the starting lineup. Apparently, Sophia is a fan favorite! Probably for her absurd aggression against any and everyone bigger than she is (which is pretty much everyone at the Grindstone lol). I'll have to get her there more often, a few people have said they missed her in the past few weeks she hasn't attended.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 04-24-2014

This FRIDAY, 2/25/14 @ 10 PM EST the Closed Tournament for the Grindstone will have its first trial run. The roster is open to individuals who:

-Have participated in one Grindstone event on Saturdays
-Have been invited by an Overseer or has challenged/been challenged by an Overseer to a trial duel.

The trial duel will be an inspection of how realistically you use your more advanced character techniques to assure that there will be no conflict in the official tournament. You will be evaluated by your Overseer and you -must- be open to constructive criticism and improvement. If you are denied, you are free to reschedule and attempt entry again.

There are a few changes:

1. In order to participate in the Closed Tournament you MUST fulfill both of the above requirements.

2. The Closed Tournament will track the wins/losses of all its fighters for in character purposes.

3. Enhancement magic and abilities -ARE- allowed (i.e. chakra, fortification, speed increase, dragon soul, beast within, bardic songs, etc. etc.)

4. Healing is still -NOT- allowed.

5. Offensive magic is tentative.

6. Firearms, non-lethal poisons, and other accessory weapons or substances with temporary effects (blinding powder, etc.) are allowed.

7. Assistance from any individual or summon (faeries, carbuncle, egi, etc.) is strictly prohibited.

8. Fighters MUST be capable of restraining themselves. If necessary, wards will be applied to the fights to prevent potentially devastating moves to have lethal effects, but in essence the fighters must be disciplined.

---

The outlines above are subject to change as necessary.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Paradyme - 05-17-2014

Ah. I wasn't aware of a thread for this! Now I know. *Weep*

I'm that one guy that often turns up with Sophia. And hasn't won once yet. *Weep moar*

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - LandStander - 05-17-2014

(05-17-2014, 03:18 PM)Paradyme Wrote: Ah. I wasn't aware of a thread for this! Now I know. *Weep*

I'm that one guy that often turns up with Sophia. And hasn't won once yet. *Weep moar*

I saw you there last week..you better get away from my lady!Evil

We are suppose to be wed under Twintania's corpse. It will be a beautiful wedding

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Paradyme - 05-17-2014

(05-17-2014, 04:14 PM)LandStander Wrote:
(05-17-2014, 03:18 PM)Paradyme Wrote: Ah. I wasn't aware of a thread for this! Now I know. *Weep*

I saw you there last week..you better get away from my lady!Evil

We are suppose to be wed under Twintania's corpse. It will be a beautiful wedding
I'LL FIGHT YOU FOR HER!

... Wait no, that won't end well for me. D:

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 05-24-2014

Maybe the three of you can get together! That'd be pretty adorable.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sophia_Grave - 05-24-2014

How did this become Sophia's life.

:V

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Menelwen - 05-31-2014

So, I know how fighters sign up. What are the requirements for healers though?

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 05-31-2014

(05-31-2014, 08:25 AM)Menelwen Wrote: So, I know how fighters sign up. What are the requirements for healers though?
You just show up and ask for an Overseer! They'll almost always happily sign you on. We've got a shortage of healers.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - LandStander - 06-01-2014

(05-31-2014, 10:20 PM)Sigyn Shieldbreaker Wrote:
(05-31-2014, 08:25 AM)Menelwen Wrote: So, I know how fighters sign up. What are the requirements for healers though?
You just show up and ask for an Overseer! They'll almost always happily sign you on. We've got a shortage of healers.
^ 
Its why Denn stopped showing up. Too many broken people left in her path and not enough healers to kiss their boo boo's better. 

Evil

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Solkasha Blynfyrsyn - 06-05-2014

I may be at the next Friday - but I will certainly be at the next Saturday.

Coming in hot!  Get me some people for Asha to punch in the face!

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Menelwen - 06-05-2014

(06-05-2014, 03:59 PM)Solkasha Blynfyrsyn Wrote: I may be at the next Friday - but I will certainly be at the next Saturday.

Coming in hot!  Get me some people for Asha to punch in the face!

I'm torn on bringing my Hyur to the next one. But I had fun on Menelwen last time.

Hng. Choices, choices.