Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Fystrael Abylstyrwyn - 11-06-2013

Hear ye, hear ye!

Like to fight, but not fond of nicking your femoral artery?

Enjoy brawling for bruises instead of blood?

Join members of the Grindstone for Training Night, next and (most) every Wednesday night, starting at 10p.m. EST!

Learn the rudiments of RP combat tourney-style and feel comfort in knowing that your character won't take a lance to the knee before become a guard in Ul'dah.

Central Thanalan bridge, just outside the Gate of Nald.  Leather and blunted weapons only.

(  Pans allowed, not crockery or knives or spitting forks for Culinary guild  students.  )

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Arelian - 11-09-2013

Our weekly blood tournament will be tonight at 10PM EST / 7 PM PST! Central Thanalan near the bridge, as always. Bring people out, have some fun and get involved!

Again, that's tonight (11/9/2013) at 10PM EST / 7 PM PST!

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Fystrael Abylstyrwyn - 11-13-2013

Remember folks, training night is this Wednesday, Nov. 13, 10p.m. EST.

Blunted weapons, cloth & leather armor only.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Arelian - 11-16-2013

Reminder: Our weekly tournament will be held tonight (11/16) at 10:00 EST / 7 PM PST at the Soot Creek Bridge in Central Thanalan.

Come participate in the fights or just come out to hang! All are welcome!

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Whittledown - 11-19-2013

Now that she's hit 50 as a Warrior it's about time Obsidian Hornet came out to the Grindstone.

Expect to see her at the Saturday event!

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - C'kayah Polaali - 11-19-2013

Just for the record (I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I'm chiming in here anyways), combats don't take level or equipment into account. They're done using a random number generator, and it's entirely possible for someone to create a level 1 character and immediately win a Grindstone tournament. So don't wait, or you'll be late!

And sometimes you'll get to be healed by C'kayah, if you come. That's always an experience! As opposed to a certain "healer" who's name starts with an "E", C'kayah has never caused a patient to scream or burst into flames.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Whittledown - 11-19-2013

Mostly I wanted to be 50 before going to the Grindstone cause I wanted to wear neat looking gear to the event Smile

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - C'kayah Polaali - 11-20-2013

Hey, I'm level 28, and I have plenty of neat... no, wait. You're right. You're so right. *sobs into his aetherial crocs*

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - J'ruzho - 11-20-2013

J'ruzho may stop bye to spectate the training session for a bit tonight. I know IC it would make more sense for me to jump in head first fists-a-flyin' but 10 pm is already pretty close to my bed time.

Work starting at 7 am is really annoying.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Gharen - 11-20-2013

Ladies and gents, due to scheduling conflicts with our event runners tonight's (Nov. 20th) Grindstone Training event is canceled.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Gharen - 11-27-2013

Tonight's Grindstone Training event (Weds Nov 27th) will be starting in 45minutes.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Solkasha Blynfyrsyn - 12-01-2013

Very fun night to all involved!  Really appreciate people taking the time to form it up, moderate, and judge!

Also special thank you to those watching and to my two guild mates, Rhogog and Haru, in letting me beat them up.  Also to Tierith Hawke for some awesome moves!

While I cannot promise 100% attendance - I will say I will do my best to be part of this as much as possible!

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Gharen - 12-04-2013

Tonight's Grindstone training event (Weds Dec 4th) is canceled due to scheduling conflicts with event overseers.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Gharen - 12-11-2013

Just a reminder, tonight's Grindstone training event for (Dec 11) will be starting in just over 2 hours at 10pm eastern.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Darkfae - 12-25-2013

I was asked, even though I probably won't be in game tonight due to an eye injury - Grindstone still on for tonight even though it's Christmas?

I cross post it to my FC's events calendar, and someone pointed out that it fell on Christmas. XD