Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Lament - 10-28-2013

Saturday is probably a better day for attendance, overall, but it'll also clash with a lot of other events, most likely. I'm fine with either, personally.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-28-2013

10 PM EST on 10.29.13 We will be holding a meeting for potential and existing Overseers of the Grindstone. If you are interested in becoming an Overseer, we have three basic jobs:

1. Ref'ing matches between our members. We need at least three of these on a regular basis. As our tournaments will likely be cut down to only Saturdays each week, I'd like to rotate our Overseers so that they can also participate if they desire to.

2. Healing leaders + Trainers for the Grindstone. As of now either Lottie or Norlaise or Skaenmoen or some combination of those individuals will fill the healing leader positions. This means they're in charge of making sure all healers are capable and organized during and between the events. Trainers should have plenty of time available and I'd like to make sure they specialize in one or two physical arts.

3. Recruiters. Pretty self-explanatory but it's a necessary and much appreciated job during the event as well as between events.

I'd like to be able to list the individuals who fill each position. If for some reason an Overseer just cannot attend, has not attended, or is otherwise unable ICly or OOCly to fulfill their duties, I will be forced to remove their privileges until such a time that these things can be corrected. 

ICly there will be a notation posted on the flyers with the above date and 'Looking for healers, trainers, recruiters, and Overseers for the Grindstone'. Short and sweet.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - TheLastCandle - 10-28-2013

I'm going to vote Wednesdays for purely selfish reasons. Despite Lottie's objections, Teveriel is probably going to enter a melee very soon. Be gentle. <3

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-29-2013

(10-28-2013, 11:06 PM)Teveriel Wrote: I'm going to vote Wednesdays for purely selfish reasons. Despite Lottie's objections, Teveriel is probably going to enter a melee very soon. Be gentle. <3

You expect Sio to be gentle? *eyebrow lift*

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sindl Arahn - 10-29-2013

I'd recommend Saturdays, also for purely selfish reasons. It's easier to stay up late, for one thing.

My experience has also been that there's more folks on a Saturday (this week notwithstanding) but the overseers might have better insight on that one.

Whichever you choose, I'll be there.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - LandStander - 10-29-2013

I am going to chime in for Saturdays as well. Both days work for me, but I feel like with the weekend there might be a higher turn out seeing as they start kind of late for the east coast. That way there is a less chance that people will have to retire early due to work/school/etc. in the morning.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - TheLastCandle - 10-29-2013

(10-29-2013, 12:59 AM)Siobhain Wrote:
(10-28-2013, 11:06 PM)Teveriel Wrote: I'm going to vote Wednesdays for purely selfish reasons. Despite Lottie's objections, Teveriel is probably going to enter a melee very soon. Be gentle. <3

Nope, not at all. Smile

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Lottie - 10-29-2013

(10-29-2013, 08:22 AM)Teveriel Wrote:
(10-29-2013, 12:59 AM)Siobhain Wrote:

Nope, not at all. Smile

OHAI THERE.  Tonberry

Also - Wednesdays are best for me. I work on Saturday until 11 pm and usually the events are in mid-swing or nearly done by the time I'm home and in my jammies. And I have no problem being one of the Healing leaders; it's fun to make sure all the healers have their respectful groups and having a chance to get some roleplay in between them all. So if you need anything of me beyond the matches to organise anything, just poke me!

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Aranya Northbrook - 10-29-2013

What about alternating both Wednesday's and Saturday's? There will always be some people who can't make one day or the other, but alternating days would ensure everyone gets to go at least some of the time. 

As long as the calender is kept up to date and people remember to check it, there should be minimal confusion.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Fystrael Abylstyrwyn - 10-29-2013

You've obviously never seen Fystrael fight.

Ok, meeting tonight..will attend as best as I can.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Fen - 10-29-2013

Stiiiiiiiiiiiill without Interwebs at home.

I hate the cable company.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Fystrael Abylstyrwyn - 10-29-2013

Please note that tomorrow's Grindstone tournament is cancelled while we fully consider all the great feedback we've seen on this thread.

Thank you! Heart

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Ventus Zeruel - 10-30-2013

Stop canceling! D= gosh..

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-30-2013

(10-30-2013, 05:43 PM)Ventus Zeruel Wrote: Stop canceling! D= gosh..

Can't do it! Can't stop! We're trying to organize our authority better so that issues in the future won't arise and doing new events will be quicker. Speaking of which, I'll be adding the following list to our directory page and updating it when necessary:

Arbiter:
Siobhain Surtsthalwyn

Leaders:
Qaeli Varily (Recruitment/Relations)
Gharen Wolfsong (Training)
Sylas Peregrine (Overseeing/Ref Leader)
Fystrael Abylstyrwyn (OOC Public Relations)

--

Overseers:

Val Nunh (Trainer - Lancer)
Klarimel Surthsthalsyn (Trainer - Marauder)
Lottie Forsaidh (Healing Leader)
Davian Ackerman (Overseer/Organizer)
Norlaise Guillemot (Healing Leader)
Fleeting Dawn (Recruitment ? )
Khyros Oroban (Pending)
Kesai Amaryo (Recruitment ?)
Kah'li Tayuun (Pending)
A'khenna Khai (Overseer/Recruitment)
Fenenoix Ekrent (Recruitment)

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 11-02-2013

10.02.13 Saturday - EVENT

We'll be holding our regularly scheduled blood match tournament outside Ul'dah today. Apologies to everyone who was disappointed by our cancelling the last event but that will not happen again. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Edit:

U'roh Tia was our winner! <333