Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-02-2016

That's one more Grindstone in the books! Our first tournament of patch 3.4 had an impressive 57 fighters show up to brawl and it was a veritable sea of RP statuses! After nearly four hours of rumbling we crowned a new champion in the Titus Kagimake!

[Image: Tr89hHL.jpg]

We'll see everyone next Grindstone! I hear someone's turning three...

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-05-2016

3 years of punching. Damn. Time flies, doesn't it?

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-09-2016

Tonight marked the beginning of the third year of the Grindstone's duration. I speechified a little in the intro bits that over the time we've had basically every archetype and RP concept show up: Name something in the game you could feasibly RP and we've had it show up. From Brass Blades to Secret Au Ra prior to 3.0, from animated statue creatures to voidsent, from the lowliest beggar to someone RPing the Sultana, we've done everything. Except maybe an actual primal.

Still, nothing prepared us for our winner tonight.

Show Content

Next week's Grindstone might be LIVE FROM FANFEST so please look forward to it!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-16-2016

Good morning from Las Vegas! I don't have screenshots on my phone but congratulations to last night's winner of the Grindstone, Avidia Iuvenlis!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Kage - 10-16-2016

Did you actually run Grindstone from the Concert?

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nodem - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 10:41 AM)Kage Wrote: Did you actually run Grindstone from the Concert?

Sei and his awesome team of Overseers handled things until he showed up and Zantet us all a few times.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-23-2016

The 160th Grindstone was a return to the summers of yore, with 69 people lining up to beat each other senseless! That seems appropriate for Balmung.

After 3 hours and change of fighting, we crowned a new first-time champion in Neiyo Kaneuchi!

[Image: IovPaFV.jpg]

For anyone who reads the thread, next week will be our special spooky Halloween episode! Celebrate All Hallow's Wake by coming out in costume and having a good time!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-29-2016

TIME TO MONSTER MASH, MOTHERFUCKERS

[Image: P9QTpQP.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-30-2016

Happy Halloween Hallow's Wake Eve Thing! Tonight we had a whopping 76 fighters turn up to do battle, nearly beating our record of 77 set last summer!

Phlegethon's army provided a number of competent competitors, but our winner was the newly debuting Zuzuli Zuli! Congratulations! Wisdom is power, especially when you bludgeon people with the written down form!

[Image: 1DzsJ2O.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nodem - 10-30-2016

(10-29-2016, 10:26 PM)Goren Ghastille Wrote: TIME TO MONSTER MASH, MOTHERFUCKERS

[Image: P9QTpQP.jpg]

[Image: 6708a7dbb7.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 11-13-2016

I'M BACK

I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE OF OUR NEW, REPEAT CHAMPION Jahan Nejem!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 11-20-2016

Sometimes you just need to slap a titty into submission.

Congratulations to Bleiswys Pfymseikwyn on her debut victory, keeping the tradition alive of people coming out of the woodwork and winning the Grindstone!

[Image: bcGBW79.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 11-27-2016

And so ends the 165th Grindstone (give or take!). Sixty-one fighters turned up on Turkey Day Weekend to brawl, and after a couple of hours in the sun and dust we crowned a new rookie-debuting champion, Shilo Masters!

[Image: VONlCf5.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 12-04-2016

Grindstone #166! A near record-breaking 74 fighters lined up to beat each other up, and after 3 hours we crowned a new first-time champion in Leih Rhun!

[Image: bCp49od.jpg]

Thanks to everyone who participated, and we look forward to the rest of December unfolding! Who would have guessed that Christmas Eve would be on a Saturday...?

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - ExAtomos - 12-04-2016

By some quirk of fate and a lot of me not thinking it through, last night I took the one character I have that would NEVER pass up a chance to fight. So after a year of spectating, I finally participated. lol. Had a good time, would recommend. 5/7
Moogle

And of course, I was assigned to Flameson first match. >..>; Felt like a terrier trying to bark down the mountain...

[Image: b09751add3.jpg]