Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Desu Nee - 12-20-2015

I still find hilarious how I have been all this time in the community, and haven't gone to the Grindstone even once.

I mean it's not really because I don't want too, it's because it begins close to midnight for me :V

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 12-23-2015

I'm going to throw out a few words at random, in no particular order.

Fanfest.

T-shirts.

Champions.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 12-27-2015

And there we have it! The final Grindstone of the year, number 116, ends with a band!

73 fighters!
2 dueling twins!
Like, ninety people using aliases!
A verbal spar between drunks!
One guy who almost got murdered for breaking rules!
ONE CHAMPION: Killian Strongheart!

[Image: OS8ORot.jpg]

Next week is the first Grindstone of 2016! We'll be hosting our bid-for-first-opponent event again in the form of Season's Beatings! Come settle a grudge, bully someone or try to win the bid to fight the Judge!

2015 was a wild year. The Grindstone's come a long way in the past twelve months but we wouldn't be anywhere with the constant support and devotion from the folks who make it go: Namely, the wonderful list of Overseers and Healers who help manage the chaos, and of course all of our wonderful and varied fighters. It's been a wild ride hosting this for everyone, and I hope everyone continues to turn up and have fun like we've been doing since this game went live, more or less.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Capheira - 12-27-2015

I keep meaning to come to one of these, but I keep forgetting! Hopefully will pop by and participate in the next one!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Desu Nee - 12-27-2015

Can we have lightsaber fights in the next one. 

It's the Star Wars spirit.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 12-31-2015

On this, the last day of 2015, I present to you the (in)complete list of every champion since January 31!

January 31: Flynt "The Hyena" Reddard

February 7: Percival Turner

February 14 (The Saint Valentione's Day Massacre): Keiragi Kishi

February 21: Sigrid Jerrikdottir

February 28: Celestus Shinozaki

March 7: Sounsyy Mirke

March 14: Sounsyy Mirke

March 21: Sounsyy Mirke

March 28: Percival Turner

April 4: Leanne Delphium

April 11: Kiri Komori

April 18: Z'orica Nova

April 25: Elyscia Silverkin

May 2: Sylbwyda Yrnhanthwym

May 9: Lydix Notki

May 16: Aaron Frostheart

May 23: Chiyo Hoshi

May 30: Caleb Aggron

June 6: Striding Oak

June 13: S'elene Cehter

June 20: Neveah Dzamael

June 27: Orenji Kharn

July 4: M'yazi Tia

July 11 (The Price of Freedom): Rulian Kalian

July 18: Percival Turner

July 25: Orenji Kharn

August 1: Blake Forrester

August 8: Nazyl Tharazyl

August 15: Y'uraq Tia

August 22: Wiegraf Westmoore

August 29: Uhko Tsurugi

September 5 (Grindstone #100): Jamugha Buduga (Junior)

September 12: Rinn Sterling

September 19: Zephyrus Montenbelt

September 26: Nazyl Tharazyl

October 3: Lyngbakr Lyngwintsyn

October 10: Zephyrus Montenbelt

October 17: Kersch Schwarzer

October 24: Theovon Wraithwall

October 31: Y'uraq Tia

November 7: Jaliqai Qulaan

November 14: Yukari Shirogane

November 21: Aekira Swyfte

November 28: Randis Rembrandt

December 5: Zephyrus Montenbelt

December 12: Jahan Nejem

December 19: Uhko Tsurugi

December 26: Killian Strongheart

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 01-02-2016

FULL CIRCLE

[Image: nYp3zVG.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Melkire - 01-02-2016

Look, ma! It's the Pentagon!

Now it just needs a wailing Auri baby in the middle. Because reasons.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Duplicitous Dame - 01-03-2016

WELP! After getting her ass handed to her (and then later shot in the stomach, lelelel), Nahare had one hell of a Grindstone! Thank you so much for tonight, guys. Y'all did great and I always look forward to more events Big Grin.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nodem - 01-03-2016

A view from the rock at our 78 Fighters on the first Grindstone of the year!

[Image: ffxiv_01022016_221732_zps5sod7onb.png]

[Image: ffxiv_01022016_221738_zpsbtdjtp4f.png]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Jancis - 01-03-2016

Kind of a picture of everyone pelting Warren with coin.

Make it rain...
[Image: tumblr_o0d3d302C91urn9szo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o0d3d302C91urn9szo2_1280.jpg]

Rock Fight - great round between Alandiel and Tsukige
[Image: tumblr_o0d3d302C91urn9szo3_r1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o0d3d302C91urn9szo4_r1_1280.jpg]

Warren Castille flips up and over! Raw highlander power and D E T E R M I NA T I O N throws Warren over Mask's head, but Warren keeps his balance and squares his feet. After checking the ticket, Warren punches Mask's tour through to SUPLEX CITY, BITCH.
[2:22]Random! Warren Castille rolls a 8.
Warren Castille: (HAHAHAHAHAHA
Fae Redwing lets out a cheer.
Leanne Delphium: HAHAHAHA)
Sei' Castille: ((EIGHT))
Leggerless Hanzou: Macho Dragon with an 8.))
Jancis Milburga: Mwahahaha))
Astro Mortim: GG))
Gideon Aryeh: ((R O F L M A O))
Alexaria Whiteraven: ((HOWS THAT TRIP TO SUPLEX CITY?))
Sei' Castille: ((B
Sei' Castille: ((T
Theovon Wraithwall: (( That determination XD ))
Sei' Castille: ((F
Sei' Castille: ((O))
Warren Castille: (...Bork Lazer I am not. Welp.)
Tengri Geneq: (( DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200. ))
Alexaria Whiteraven: ((TAKING ROUTE 8? THAT'S NOT A GOOD SHORT CUT))
Randis Rembrandt: ((The bus broke down in the first five minutes))

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 01-03-2016

We had a fucking blast tonight!

We raised seven and some odd million gil!

We increased the prize pot to 290k per week!

We had someone incur the wrath of the Brute Squad for shooting someone on-site!

We had A NEW CHAMPION IN DANTE THALMOS AND I DON'T HAVE A PICTURE OF HIM.

So..

Let's get real for a second. YES I REALIZE I GOT ALL EMOTIONAL ABOUT IT DURING GRINDSTONE#100 BUT SHUP

I've been running the Grindstone for nearly a year straight now. Recording it since Jan31, running it since before that. In that time we've seen attendance quadruple. We've had the number of volunteers blow up exponentially.

I want to spleen about that for a hot minute. The Grindstone is entirely community-run now. It's not an FC running it, it's not a tight group of friends. Our overseers? Just folks with lots of experience volunteers. The healers? People coming up on a seemingly-weekly basis asking to contribute. The prize money? You're all aware that comes straight from the community, dropkickstarted (as I like to refer to it). We're entirely functional because of YOU, the community, and it's... Amazing. I'm sleep deprived and agog because of tonight, but seriously: The Grindstone exists because people want it to exist. We're a Primal server event. You're all amazing. You make this happen.

I try to pay forward love and kudos to the people who make this work every week, but it only can mean so much from someone on the inside. Every donation, every affectionate tell, every "Hey, tonight was awesome" conversation? It goes miles.

We can only be awesome because you are all awesome. It's amazing, and I can't imagine how much more awesome it can get over 2016. We had a hell of a start tonight, and you all haven't shown signs of stopping since back in July.

Gods have mercy on our souls.

<3

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 01-03-2016

And I could have been there instead of at Hooters with my thirsty ass friends paying $20 for a sandwich.

I TOLD him hooters wasn't what he thought it was but he wouldn't realize until after the bill.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 01-03-2016

Had a blast last night, didn't get into bed to almost 4 am.  Howl bid on John to fight him, (much hugs to Howl) but John lost his second match to an elbow to the head.  Looking forward to all future Grindstones to come. *hugs everyone*

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 01-10-2016

Tonight! 69 fighters! Too mature to make a joke!

Our winner! Long-time fighter, first time champion! Pepe Bandido!

[Image: P679Pgk.jpg]