Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 03:22 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: People can play "Connect the Overseers".

Have overseers dress in a "line uniform" and players must form lines in between them.

If you have enough people, you can make a star. OR A PENTRAGRAM TO SUMMON A PRIMAL.

And one day, when we have 666 fighters, we complete the ritual. And a GM makes himself visible in the center. And then the GS is forever canceled, because it will never top that moment.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 12-01-2015

You could always do option 2.

The culling. . .

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 03:31 PM)Aaron Wrote: You could always do option 2.

The culling. . .

You tryin' to say we have to limit how many people are allowed to beat each other up?

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 03:35 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

The culling. . .

You tryin' to say we have to limit how many people are allowed to beat each other up?

This was legitimately suggested as an option, but I definitely don't feel comfortable doing that.

My first experience with an Apple store was also my last one. When you go in, there are no products on shelves or things to take to a counter. There's no counter. There's a bunch of display models and a bunch of assholes in polos walking around with smartphones and there's no cash register or check-out line. Everyone just sort of crowded up to the front area and waited to be picked out of a crowd, and then you were asked what you wanted and people went into the back to find it. They did the entire process with apps on their phones and phone-based credit card readers. There was no rhyme or reason to how people got picked, because there was no line, just a clump. The person in the brightest polo would just make snap decisions.

I hate Apple. I will not be like them. Anyone who wants to fight gets a fight.

The culling. . .

No, just saying if there's ever a point where you can't handle that large a group with the current number of overseers, it's an option (though a last resort option)

(12-01-2015, 03:40 PM)Aaron Wrote:

The culling. . .

No, just saying if there's ever a point where you can't handle that large a group with the current number of overseers, it's an option (though a last resort option)

NO. I WILL BE BETTER THAN APPLE.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 03:42 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

The culling. . .

*takes out iPhone*

It's time to make a Grindstone App. Push notifications when someone enters the Lircle. Push notifications when someone wins. MORE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS WHEN HEALERS ARE NEEDED.

The culling. . .

IF YOU WANT A REASON TO PICK OUT PEOPLE DO A 1ST COME 1ST SERVED NERD.

All in all i'm just throwing it out there.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nodem - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 03:44 PM)Aaron Wrote:

The culling. . .

IF YOU WANT A REASON TO PICK OUT PEOPLE DO A 1ST COME 1ST SERVED NERD.

All in all i'm just throwing it out there.

Some of us are in line 2 hours early. (Have seen some even earlier then that.)

We just stand around and minor RP (as I want to call it) while we decide where the line is going to curve at that night and where to even begin the lircle.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nataru - 12-01-2015

Have you ever thought about splitting the locations? Say for example Judge takes half a group to the other side of blackbrush and the rest stay at fesca's? Then the finalists of the two groups meet back at fesca's for the final?

(12-01-2015, 05:13 PM)Nataru Wrote: Have you ever thought about splitting the locations? Say for example Judge takes half a group to the other side of blackbrush and the rest stay at fesca's? Then the finalists of the two groups meet back at fesca's for the final?

That's sorta what I was hinting for, but I can provide a counter-argument to it.

It's all fine until someone says "I want to be in ____'s section. Not ____2's." It's a pretty large event. And that also means there's a LOT of people. Some may not get along. Or worse, people will inevitably form clusters and only want to fight/talk within that cluster. I think part of the reason to go to Grindstone is for that massive group of people. ...or maybe Warren/Judge/sub-arbiter-42 would draw lots for groups and that could help?

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nataru - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 05:23 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 05:13 PM)Nataru Wrote: Have you ever thought about splitting the locations? Say for example Judge takes half a group to the other side of blackbrush and the rest stay at fesca's? Then the finalists of the two groups meet back at fesca's for the final?

That's sorta what I was hinting for, but I can provide a counter-argument to it.

It's all fine until someone says "I want to be in ____'s section. Not ____2's." It's a pretty large event. And that also means there's a LOT of people. Some may not get along. Or worse, people will inevitably form clusters and only want to fight/talk within that cluster. I think part of the reason to go to Grindstone is for that massive group of people. ...or maybe Warren/Judge/sub-arbiter-42 would draw lots for groups and that could help?
A random draw could be good yeah. The best part of the Grindstone is there are no cliqs there and most interact with everyone . Hells I can't even count the amount of friends I've made from the GS

(12-01-2015, 05:29 PM)Nataru Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 05:23 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

A random draw could be good yeah. The best part of the Grindstone is there are no cliqs there and most interact with everyone . Hells I can't even count the amount of friends I've made from the US

Same! A good portion of contacts I'd made came from early Grindstone days! (Gonna call out Leanne and Hornet as examples).

And yeah! It's nice that while groups of members can come together as a FC, during the Grindstone, there are no FCs. Just people who really like beating each other up. Big Grin

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nodem - 12-02-2015

Joking aside from my previous post... Because the Lircle serious doesn't have a planned curve, it just happens...

Aoi would gladly help out as she personally enjoys the Grindstone and would love to see it continue on. Feel free to hit me up in game with any details I might need to know on Aoi Obinata or here.

OOC: I think this is a great event personally and have made connections like others have, just standing in a line awaiting to beat people senseless...

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Jancis - 12-05-2015

[Image: tumblr_nyx2dvNw2j1urn9szo1_1280.jpg]

It's like counting jelly beans in a jar.