Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 11-08-2015

I don't have anything against it. Heck, I was tempted to steal that screenshot for my post earlier. It's missing a nice screenie of the record-breaking line.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 11-08-2015

And poor Warren missed out. *nods*

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 11-08-2015

I got to enjoy it second or third hand.

You are all amazing. Excellent work this week, everyone. Sooner or later we're going to hit that 64-person tournament...

Anyway! I'm back from my thing! I'm happy to see everything went off without a hitch!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - CrimsonMars - 11-09-2015

I think I'm going to sit this out for the remainder of the year though. I still cannot forgive my major fuck-up that round. Dodgy

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 06:46 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: I think I'm going to sit this out for the remainder of the year though. I still cannot forgive my major fuck-up that round. Dodgy

Mistakes happen? No reason to punish yourself further. The issue seems to have been dealt with at the time and was handled. I don't think anyone's going to hold that against you on an OOC basis. And with the number of people who normally participate, unless everyone found out IC and reacted as such, I don't think there's a whole lot to worry about on that end either.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - CrimsonMars - 11-09-2015

I'm not actually worried about the OOC stuff but my character IC has been have occasional problems suppressing her aether energy too, and because it caused her to break the rules of the GS, she feels she can't compete in it anymore until it's fixed.

tbh, I'm not the type of person that takes their mistakes lightly anyway.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 11-10-2015

(11-09-2015, 07:25 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: I'm not actually worried about the OOC stuff but my character IC has been have occasional problems suppressing her aether energy too, and because it caused her to break the rules of the GS, she feels she can't compete in it anymore until it's fixed.

tbh, I'm not the type of person that takes their mistakes lightly anyway.

I think it's pretty cool that the Grindstone is being used in a personal story arc. It'll be here once you've finished that story!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - gazzsalad - 11-11-2015

[Image: tumblr_nxm1z2uJxO1qemn8zo6_1280.png]

Screen cap from last week's Grind. Anymore fighters and we'll circle that rock like an angry mob.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 11-14-2015

This week's grindstone!

http://imgur.com/a/nkXbP

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Jaliqai - 11-14-2015

Disappointed that I have to miss this week's and won't have a chance to try and defend Jali's title, haha. Good luck to everyone else though!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 11-14-2015

Sixty-one.

That's THIS MANY

||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Togy - 11-15-2015

And I'm back to losing in the first round.. Warren.. you're bad luck for me

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 11-15-2015

Tonight! Grindstone #111! A record-breaking sixty-one fighters!

We saw it all! We saw someone get impaled! We saw a near-naked man punch people into submission! We saw not one, not two, but THREE matches end with hugs! New friendships were formed, old rivalries stoked, but at the end of the day there is only ONE Grindstone champion:

YUKARI SHIROGANE!

[Image: Se7SpIS.jpg]

I apologize for any delays and bumps we had tonight! The crowd was... a liiittle bit larger than anticipated, but hopefully everyone had a good time!

SIXTY ONE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Illae - 11-15-2015

Looking forward to next week's Lircle!  Let's get more people so we can fully encircle the rock!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nodem - 11-15-2015

Here's some of the screenshots I took while we all waited there in our record breaking Line!

[Image: ffxiv_11142015_220641_zps2knmqeyg.png]

[Image: ffxiv_11142015_220646_zpsbpci76fo.png]