Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-28-2015

If only I was going to be at a computer. A DAY WHERE FRANZ COULDA JUST BEEN OUT IN PUBLIC WITHOUT GLAMOURS.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 11-01-2015

So, we knew tonight was going to take place on a holiday. We knew people would be busy. We knew that we were likely to be playing to an audience that didn't exist on this particular Saturday.

AND THEN THIS HAPPENED.

[Image: _31381e66f20331042df9089538bd9fd4.jpg]

Thanks to Ventus Zeruel for the photo. That wasn't even all of the forty-four fighters who would show up on this All Hallow's Wake to take part in our little event.

Tonight we saw giant goblins fight tiny lalafell and dancing robots fight naked men with their dangly bits dangling. We had a rhyming pumping avatar (Wrong game! He shows up in Warcraft!) calling matches. We had a snow-woman nearly make the finals. We had a bunch of adamant fans put up with the nonsense pro-Allag cries of the Arbiter and everyone played along, never questioning or doubting or being difficult.

It was beautiful.

Our final winner tonight was Y'uraq Tia who weathered a Mask, a snowwoman and the Bridge Champion before all was said and done!

[Image: d0E3a70.jpg]

In a small tangent, tonight marked the 40th Grindstone I've recorded in the googledoc! And... that streak ends now, because next week I will be missing to raise money for sick and dying children! If anyone is interested the link for our Extra Life page can be found here! The next Grindstone will have Judge Jredthys as the acting Arbiter and I hope everyone shows him the same respect and support I'm given week-in and week-out.

Tonight was a ton of fun! I hope everyone else feels the same way!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Sorora - 11-01-2015

[Image: 24fa0475418ea064445838ae90d8023e.jpg]

Here's another, Warren!!!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Coda - 11-01-2015

Damn, I must've just missed this. Next week for sure, though!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 11-01-2015

(11-01-2015, 01:44 AM)Secks Wrote: Damn, I must've just missed this. Next week for sure, though!

We're here every week! The Grindstone has basically existed since ARR has. As long as people want to fight, there will always be a Grindstone!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Ventus Zeruel - 11-01-2015

Kicked ass! I would love to get pimp slapped again next week! Hahaha! Big Grin

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Y'uraq Tia - 11-01-2015

Had a blast as always, a major shoutout for the co-ordinators that make each and every week run smoother than a lala's butt. XD

Rock on, you sexy, wonderful people :3

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - CrimsonMars - 11-08-2015

I'm sorry I broke the rules of the grindstone (icly). Truth is, I was not thinking when I made that last post about involving aether. I was going to ask to rewrite it but in all honesty, I really should of known better, and I know you can't always let things slide in life, so I took the forfeit. >_>

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Meis Knifebearer - 11-08-2015

First time ever doing the Grindstone. It was a lot of fun, so thanks for hosting it.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 11-08-2015

With Warren off raising money for charity playing vidya gaemz, it fell upon me to serve as Arbiter of the Grindstone. And what a Grindstone it was! An awe-inspiring 55 COMBATANTS showed up to face off against each other for the title of Grindstone Champion.

However, in the end, there can only be one - and that one was the Bridge Bracket Champion Jaliqai Qulaan.

[Image: xX8x8jR.png]

Special mention should also go out to our other bracket Champions, who made it through many challenges to get to the semi-finals:

Rock Champion (Finalist) - Luca Yumitori
Arbor Champion (Semi-Finalist) - Togy Brandmakt
Prairie Champion (Semi-Finalist) - Lynette Dracht

Congrats to you all, and hope to see you again at the next Grindstone!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Togy - 11-08-2015

I broke my month and a half long, losing in the first round streak! YAY!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Meis Knifebearer - 11-08-2015

I thought to put this here. First match on the bridge, and look who I fought against in my very first Grindstone... the champion of the whole bloody thing: Jaliqai Qulaan

It was a close match.

[Image: 1446965116_ffxiv_11072015_192439.png]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Jaliqai - 11-08-2015

Had an absolute blast, considering this was the first time I've ever even made it past the second round! Thanks to everyone that I was up against tonight. You guys were a blast! :D

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Leggerless - 11-08-2015

A Grindstone screenshot made the front page of r/ffxiv today it seems.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3rz3nt/the_grindstone_an_rp_event_that_has_been_going_on/

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - McBeefâ„¢ - 11-08-2015

(11-08-2015, 11:23 AM)Leggerless Wrote: A Grindstone screenshot made the front page of r/ffxiv today it seems.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3rz3nt/the_grindstone_an_rp_event_that_has_been_going_on/
That was me <_< 

I thought it looked cool. People on Reddit seemed to be impressed by it as well. Forgive me if it causes any issues for the staff.