Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Nodem - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 01:58 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I appreciate anyone and everyone who takes time out to show up to our event, and I am frustrated and irritated with rumors and hearsay that I don't like specific groups for showing numbers at the Grindstone. I can't stress enough how much I'm blown away by the support and excitement the community has for this thing.

If you want to show up, I want you to show up!

While this is only a fighting event. I do enjoy participating or watching it weekly. It's nice seeing so many different styles of RP, especially in fighting, coming together to beat the snot out of each other.

As I said earlier to you. Thanks for hosting this event weekly.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-28-2015

This is a reminder that this coming Saturday is not only Grindstone #108 but also Halloween! People are encouraged to show up in disguise, in costume and incognito for a fun theme night.

THIS IS THE ONE TIME I'LL NOT BE A GRUMBLY JERK ABOUT ALIASES (though I'll probably still get them wrong~) SO DON'T WASTE IT.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Berrod Armstrong - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 08:20 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: This is a reminder that this coming Saturday is not only Grindstone #108 but also Halloween! People are encouraged to show up in disguise, in costume and incognito for a fun theme night.

THIS IS THE ONE TIME I'LL NOT BE A GRUMBLY JERK ABOUT ALIASES (though I'll probably still get them wrong~) SO DON'T WASTE IT.
I hope people dress as someone who actually wears a cup to a fight. BUT YES GOOD.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Virella - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 08:20 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: This is a reminder that this coming Saturday is not only Grindstone #108 but also Halloween! People are encouraged to show up in disguise, in costume and incognito for a fun theme night.

Man, if it happens I got this time this Saturday (Given it starts at 4:00 here, and I'm probably, possibly back from going out by then), I will try to show up in the most ridiculous outfit, if not at least observe it! Big Grin

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Corelyn - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 08:21 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:

I hope people dress as someone who actually wears a cup to a fight. BUT YES GOOD.

Hey, every time Dail'a has participated, he has worn one! It's served him well twice now, protecting his poor miqo'nads.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 08:31 AM)Virella Wrote:

Man, if it happens I got this time this Saturday (Given it starts at 4:00 here, and I'm probably, possibly back from going out by then), I will try to show up in the most ridiculous outfit, if not at least observe it! Big Grin

What the hell is this "if" bullshit

But yes! If you're willing and able, we're happy to have you!

To go behind the curtain a little bit, matches are actually scheduled while everyone is doing their introduction posts! That's the reason I'm rubbish at keeping track of these things; I rarely get to actually read intro posts and just have my wonderful, wonderful overseer/healer staff keep an eye out for ridiculousness/rulebreakage. The only aliases that "stick" for me are the ones I'm aware of outside of the line-up (though I call Togy Togy out of habit now more than anything!)

So I can't guarantee I'll be able to actually track anyone's names, but I'll try to be accommodating this time in particular.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 10-28-2015

Im coming as Dante.

Or Allen Walker.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Hammersmith - 10-28-2015

Got mine all planned out:
[youtube]lGNjugb1dKQ[/youtube]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Berrod Armstrong - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 10:30 AM)Aaron Wrote: Im coming as Dante.

Or Allen Walker.
Don't you always

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 10:36 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 10:30 AM)Aaron Wrote: Im coming as Dante.

Or Allen Walker.
Don't you always
Yes but this time I'll be able to actually /act/ like Dante without getting called out for it.

Be prepared for the greatsword to be a electric guitar IC.

Heal potions will be strawberry flavoured

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Togy - 10-28-2015

Just for that Warren, I'm not running by what I'm planning in doing for approval.. just gonna do it!

(10-28-2015, 10:39 AM)Togy Wrote: Just for that Warren, I'm not running by what I'm planning in doing for approval.. just gonna do it!

That's fine! As long as the normal rules of the event are kept, feel free to run wild. I want people to have fun.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Togy - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 10:42 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 10:39 AM)Togy Wrote: Just for that Warren, I'm not running by what I'm planning in doing for approval.. just gonna do it!

That's fine! As long as the normal rules of the event are kept, feel free to run wild. I want people to have fun.
-gigglegigglegigglegiggle-

Don't matter though, be out in the first round anyway XD

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Vahn Kasch - 10-28-2015

ALL the Judge costumes.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 11:28 AM)Vahn Kasch Wrote: ALL the Judge costumes.

That would be amusing, actually.

"I AM JUDGE."
"I AM ALSO JUDGE."
"I AM SPARTACUS. I-I mean... JUDGE."