Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Leggerless - 09-10-2015

(09-06-2015, 03:21 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Okay, I did the lazy recap post, took a shower and am exhausted, so it's a good time to get sentimental.

Tonight was probably the most fun I've had the Grindstone in a long time, if not ever. It's still amazing to me that after a hundred (give or take, but it's been 100 weeks since the GS first happened, so I'm declaring it!) that so many people like to participate, and as of lately, show up in full force. I'm constantly asked by people how they can help, if we need more healers or overseers, if they can donate gil, if they can do anything to help lend a hand. There's almost always a new person or two asking if they can sign up or how to compete. You guys are always understanding and polite, and you basically always do what we ask, and you don't bitch when things sometimes don't go so smoothly. I think Lynx has done more thinking about the logistics of the GS than I have, and that's saying something. It sounds like a generic turn of phrase, but there really wouldn't be a Grindstone without everyone who comes together for it: Fighters, audience, overseers, healers, arbiters. For fuck's sake, we know GMs watch it sometimes.

Tonight was a lot of fun for me as a roleplayer and as an event person, and I'm really thankful for everyone who comes out to participate and take part. I'm blown away, as poor Howl and Sei have heard me lament in real life constantly and I wish I could buy you all pizza and beer and have a party.

Thank you. I'll try not to get maudlin again until episode 200.

Eh. I think I'm going to do better than words. Image sounds good, mostly because I'd rather not C+P all of that stuff here.

[Image: gLRIUyt.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 09-13-2015

[Image: jdvd4gh.jpg]

49 people! Tonight's winner is Rinn Sterling! I'm tired and drunk!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 09-20-2015

Tonight we had 47 folks lined up to beat the hell out of each other!

[Image: F55mYVu.jpg]

[Image: KRKoeT8.jpg]

At the end of the night, though, it would be Zephyrus Montenbelt taking home the crown and the glory (and the gil!)

[Image: 4mtlsoO.jpg]

As a bonus, useless factoid: Tonight marks us crossing the 1000th participant since I started tracking this stuff! Hooray, milestones!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 09-27-2015

Grindstone #103 is in the books! 47 fighters lined up tonight to determine who's king of the heap, and it ended with Nazyl Tharazyl taking home his second title!

...he's also a lalafell and very short which means I couldn't get a picture of him that wasn't lousy.

Thanks to everyone who helped out and participated tonight! Extra thanks to the folks who stepped out of the audience to lend heals and move things along!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - CrimsonMars - 10-04-2015

I think I'm going to take a break from grindstone (runestone as well) for at least a week. Reason why I forfeited back there was simply because not only did I felt like I was gonna lose, I had a feeling it was going to be like the last runestone event I went that I would lose all the rolls. However, I feel like it was a poor reason to do this and I apologizes. That was no excuse for it. I just need a break from the RNG being against me at this point. Good luck to everyone!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-04-2015

I am sad to report that tonight was the lowest attendance we've seen at the Grindstone in recent memory. A mere 39 fighters turned out to take part in the weekly fighting tournament.

It was a barn burner of a night, however! There was a record number of healers! Flynt was briefly a robot-pokemon fighting on command! I got to learn about Inner Beast and look like a tool! At the end of three and a half hours of fighting, we crowned a new champion in Lyngbakr Lyngwintsyn.

[Image: B2xHWcz.jpg]

He's just a little scary.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Surilian - 10-04-2015

Congrats to you, Lyng! May the SKIES be your limit! though...try not to kill everyone >> You'll make us look bad and Nox will be so angry with you. -ties axe to his waist-

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Jancis - 10-09-2015

I found this whisper while going through logs from another event and thought everyone would enjoy it.

Azreal Kass >> is this group for an S rank or somethin' or is this the RP grind stone? also pardon my intrudin'

Very kind Big Grin

I said YES! Of course this is the famous Grind Stone. I mean no, not that. I politely apologized and let them know we weren't a hunting party. Smile

Grind Stone - S Rank level fighters.

[Image: 14286737437278-terry-crews-old-spice-o-6...b316bc.gif]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-11-2015

The hemorrhaging continues as the Grindstone's attendance drops to a meager 34 people on this holiday weekend! The action was so exciting it caused SOMEONE TO GO INTO LABOR, and our final round say a returning champion in Zephyrus Montenbelt.

[Image: cxx1OqG.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Edgar - 10-11-2015

To be honest, "I was born at the Grindstone" is a pretty epic way to begin your backstory.

Can you imagine what that kid's gonna be like? They forced their mother to give birth to them to join the fighting.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-18-2015

Tonight! Grindstone #106! Our brief foray into "smaller" groups of only three dozen people came to an end as forty five fighters assembled in an orderly line and waited to pummel one another. There was a series of new faces who all did excellently for themselves, but the main one is Kersch Schwarzer, our new champion.

[Image: 2iCqd7q.jpg]

Friendly lookin' fella, isn't he?

There is exactly enough gil left in the Grindstone purse to fund 10 more Grindstones! And what do you know, there's exactly 10 more Saturdays in 2015!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Eddard - 10-18-2015

I finally decided to compete after a few months of being on Balmung and it's quite clear why the event is as popular as it is. Thanks to everyone that puts their efforts into making it what it is, I had a whole lot of fun with some tense fights!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Togy - 10-18-2015

My month long 'losing in the first round' streak continues! Against the champion no less! Who gets to be lucky next week and beat me in the first round?! Odds are you'll win the whole thing!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-25-2015

Tonight! Grindstone #107! We had a not-quite-record forty-nine fighters line up for our showdown tonight, and despite some uneven brackets and some super-duper defensive fights we ended three hours and forty minutes after starting!

Welcome our new Grindstone champion, Theovon Wraithwall!

[Image: NFzxgX3.jpg]

So, next week the Grindstone will be happening on Halloween! To celebrate this, everyone and anyone participating is encouraged to wear masks, costumes and disguises! The rules are the same, but anyone showing up in magic glamour will be okay to compete!

On another note, November 7th I will be away raising money for charity as a part of Extra Life! The Grindstone will be happening despite my absence, so everyone is still encouraged to show up! I'll post more details in an attention whoring thread, but I wanted to telegraph this early.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 10-25-2015

As an aside from the official Grindstone update post, I just want to point out that I have never, ever expressed dislike or discomfort with any pre-formed group showing up at the Grindstone to show support and solidarity for people in the same LS/FC/Timezone/Book Club/Whatever.

I appreciate anyone and everyone who takes time out to show up to our event, and I am frustrated and irritated with rumors and hearsay that I don't like specific groups for showing numbers at the Grindstone. I can't stress enough how much I'm blown away by the support and excitement the community has for this thing.

If you want to show up, I want you to show up!