Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 08-16-2015

It's a new lap record! The meta game of "break the Grindstone attendance record" continues, as we had 48 people line up to the the baddest in the land. Eventually, though, we ended up with one man standing above the others!

Y'uraq Tia!

[Image: B4Wanzf.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Berrod Armstrong - 08-17-2015

I'm a sucker for dust storm lighting. So golden and hazy.

[Image: 5ToREMb.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 08-23-2015

The short-lived streak of breaking records is over! Tonight, 41 brave fighters came together to determine who's the luckiest toughest mudder, and after six intense rounds of blistering combat, we decided.

Wiegraf Westmoore!
[Image: Izlp5MB.jpg]

Bonus line-up shot!
[Image: FheBRWE.jpg]

It doesn't show the people on the bridge who were also watching.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 08-23-2015

Sucks I missed it. /sigh

Always next week.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 08-30-2015

Tonight! 41 fighters! One champion!

She mowed through former champions as if they were training dummies! She breached the brackets as if there was no resistance! Our champion tonight, in her debut: Uhko Tsurugi!

[Image: m0841ul.jpg]

Tonight marks the end of August competition, and every Grindstone this month has been at LEAST 40 people! You folks are amazing!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 09-05-2015

Now that we're three hours removed from the start of it, I suppose I should point out that tonight is Grindstone #100! To commemorate this malmstone, after the final round there will be an Overseer's Open Challenge. Anyone with the time or inclination can challenge one of the Overseers to one-on-one combat!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 07:17 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Now that we're three hours removed from the start of it, I suppose I should point out that tonight is Grindstone #100! To commemorate this malmstone, after the final round there will be an Overseer's Open Challenge. Anyone with the time or inclination can challenge one of the Overseers to one-on-one combat!
Flower doesn't mean all the cruel things she may have said to anyone.Nope. She loves everyone. *cough*

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 09-05-2015

I was GONNA BE THERE.

BUT THEN MY XFINITY OUT THE BLUE DECIDED TO GO TO SHIT TONIGHT AND SCREWED ME OVER.

Am I mad? Hell yeah. But it probably was a sign I should go out tonight.

Have fun!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Melkire - 09-06-2015

[Image: AqfOhuy.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 09-06-2015

Grindstone #100! Another record-breaking 53 fighters tonight! A night rife with pushy saleswomen, songs, violence, drama, violence, celebration and violence! When all is said and done at the end of the night, we're left with only one winner...

Show Content

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 09-06-2015

It was indeed a rather... sizable turnout.

[Image: YynsktS.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 09-06-2015

Okay, I did the lazy recap post, took a shower and am exhausted, so it's a good time to get sentimental.

Tonight was probably the most fun I've had the Grindstone in a long time, if not ever. It's still amazing to me that after a hundred (give or take, but it's been 100 weeks since the GS first happened, so I'm declaring it!) that so many people like to participate, and as of lately, show up in full force. I'm constantly asked by people how they can help, if we need more healers or overseers, if they can donate gil, if they can do anything to help lend a hand. There's almost always a new person or two asking if they can sign up or how to compete. You guys are always understanding and polite, and you basically always do what we ask, and you don't bitch when things sometimes don't go so smoothly. I think Lynx has done more thinking about the logistics of the GS than I have, and that's saying something. It sounds like a generic turn of phrase, but there really wouldn't be a Grindstone without everyone who comes together for it: Fighters, audience, overseers, healers, arbiters. For fuck's sake, we know GMs watch it sometimes.

Tonight was a lot of fun for me as a roleplayer and as an event person, and I'm really thankful for everyone who comes out to participate and take part. I'm blown away, as poor Howl and Sei have heard me lament in real life constantly and I wish I could buy you all pizza and beer and have a party.

Thank you. I'll try not to get maudlin again until episode 200.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Vahn Kasch - 09-06-2015

Warren you can buy me pizza and beer anytime. Just ship it to Ohio, priority.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Ha'uruh Nunh - 09-06-2015

And thank you to you as well, Arbiter, for giving up your Saturday nights for the past 8-9 months to run this.

Thank you to the past Arbiters who did the same.  It's a major commitment and one that should not be overlooked.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - DoomsdayClock - 09-06-2015

I agree with Howl. I don't take for granted the fact that you give up your Saturday nights to make this happen for us.
Lord knows I've been to this event....how many times? As how many different characters...and I've still never gotten the crown? Yet I still keep on comin back for what you guys provide.
When people ask me about Rp events, I proudly proclaim I'm a "Castille Guy."