Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-20-2013

(10-20-2013, 12:35 AM)Brave Wrote: /sigh
This sounded like so much fun.  I finally manage to transfer servers and then wind up with a fried motherboard.  Hope everyone had a sound thrashing and worthy opponents!

Nooooooo! Why you fry joo motherboard?! They is no good for eating!

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Brave - 10-20-2013

Well someone told me that graphics cards work better over a slow fire so I was like "duh" clearly fire+90% of most things equals amazing.

All kidding aside it seemed to be going through a slow death but its under warranty and under repair atm lol.  I'll be back soonish just not sure when /sigh

(10-20-2013, 01:23 AM)Brave Wrote: Well someone told me that graphics cards work better over a slow fire so I was like "duh" clearly fire+90% of most things equals amazing.

All kidding aside it seemed to be going through a slow death but its under warranty and under repair atm lol.  I'll be back soonish just not sure when /sigh

Well at least it's being fixed. We look forward to seeing you when you come back! Q.Q *puts forth a prayer for your computer's wellness* There will be many tournaments assuming Sylas doesn't asplode everything in my absence.

(10-20-2013, 02:01 AM)Siobhain Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 01:23 AM)Brave Wrote: Well someone told me that graphics cards work better over a slow fire so I was like "duh" clearly fire+90% of most things equals amazing.

Well at least it's being fixed. We look forward to seeing you when you come back! Q.Q *puts forth a prayer for your computer's wellness* There will be many tournaments assuming Sylas doesn't asplode everything in my absence.
Sounds awesome!  I know I'm debating to IC give Brave a reason to learn about a sword and board.  Maybe I can see its effectiveness in a "Gladiator" match

(10-20-2013, 02:28 AM)Brave Wrote:

Sounds awesome!  I know I'm debating to IC give Brave a reason to learn about a sword and board.  Maybe I can see its effectiveness in a "Gladiator" match

Sio has room for mooooar apprentices. O_O Or at least sparring mates. She does love to fight male Roegadyn. Easy wins. Though I suppose realistically that'd have to wait until she's less sickly. Is he a sword+boarder or does he specialize in something else currently?

(10-20-2013, 02:30 AM)Siobhain Wrote:

Sio has room for mooooar apprentices. O_O Or at least sparring mates. She does love to fight male Roegadyn. Easy wins. Though I suppose realistically that'd have to wait until she's less sickly. Is he a sword+boarder or does he specialize in something else currently?
Right now he's a Warrior.  Ideally the character would use a Greatsword or his fists for now I have to settle with a Greataxe lol.  The idea was to have him leave his village and try to be a force for good.  A promise he made to his now decease wife.  I kmow its pretty gary stu but I've also really over simplified it ><  I was on page 22 (question 53 I think) of my 100 questions when my compy died so I've pretty much been forum lurking and chatting with my guildies who are probably getting close to their first 50's by now /sigh I miss FFXIV

(10-20-2013, 02:44 AM)Brave Wrote:

Right now he's a Warrior.  Ideally the character would use a Greatsword or his fists for now I have to settle with a Greataxe lol.  The idea was to have him leave his village and try to be a force for good.  A promise he made to his now decease wife.  I kmow its pretty gary stu but I've also really over simplified it ><  I was on page 22 (question 53 I think) of my 100 questions when my compy died so I've pretty much been forum lurking and chatting with my guildies who are probably getting close to their first 50's by now /sigh I miss FFXIV

Keeping it simple is key when you're aiming to develop! And Sio's a force for good (for nao). She can totally help a sea-brother out! I just feel so bad for you. What would I do without my computer?! Die, perhaps. Well, I guess that'd be more likely if I ordered my groceries through the interwebz.

...We have chickens here. But I'd die of boredom.

Is there a class that uses claymores yet? I've seen some pretty long swords but they're always one-handers. Freaks me out after WoW.

(10-20-2013, 03:20 AM)Siobhain Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 02:44 AM)Brave Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 02:01 AM)Siobhain Wrote: Well at least it's being fixed. We look forward to seeing you when you come back! Q.Q *puts forth a prayer for your computer's wellness* There will be many tournaments assuming Sylas doesn't asplode everything in my absence.

Keeping it simple is key when you're aiming to develop! And Sio's a force for good (for nao). She can totally help a sea-brother out! I just feel so bad for you. What would I do without my computer?! Die, perhaps. Well, I guess that'd be more likely if I ordered my groceries through the interwebz.

...We have chickens here. But I'd die of boredom.

Is there a class that uses claymores yet? I've seen some pretty long swords but they're always one-handers. Freaks me out after WoW.
Well they don't have classes that use claymores yet but rumor is that it will be dark knight.  Personally I hope they go runic knight like Celes but I doubt that will happen.  I just know that Brave uses a greatsword and as soon as it is available I'll be in line to make it happen.  As for computer woes its not too bad.  I still have ps3 and crunchy roll/netflix will keep me entertained in the mean time.  I do want to rp something bad though ><

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-23-2013

Today 10/23/13 there should be another tournament at 10 pm EST! I hear that my lovelies did great without me so I hope they can manage another one! <3 I love the Grindstone.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Lost River - 10-23-2013

My healkitty is so close to becoming an official healkitty. I just need someone to tank us through the nine thousand dungeons of the main quest. x.x

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-23-2013

(10-23-2013, 06:20 PM)Lost River Wrote: My healkitty is so close to becoming an official healkitty. I just need someone to tank us through the nine thousand dungeons of the main quest. x.x

There's nine thousand?!

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Fen - 10-24-2013

(10-23-2013, 06:49 PM)Siobhain Wrote:
(10-23-2013, 06:20 PM)Lost River Wrote: My healkitty is so close to becoming an official healkitty. I just need someone to tank us through the nine thousand dungeons of the main quest. x.x

There's nine thousand?!

OVER 9000!

>_>

*slinks back to Fen-hole*

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Ventus Zeruel - 10-24-2013

I think I'll have  Garden join and attend one of these, I'll mark it on our calenders.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-24-2013

(10-24-2013, 04:42 PM)VentusZeruel Wrote: I think I'll have  Garden join and attend one of these, I'll mark it on our calenders.

The more the merrier! Just remember that it's first come first serve up to sixteen and other various details are on the OP.

Look forward to seeing you there and I should be there this Saturday.

UPDATE: Due to our large number of members and our desire to incorporate as many others as are willing to attend, a new LS has been established for ONLY fighters and healers. The name of this LS is 'Grindstone Coalition' and I hope all our tournament fighters and healers will please help to clear space in The Grindstone LS for spectators by joining the new LS and eventually leaving the original.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - U'roh Tia - 10-24-2013

This actually sounds kind of fun. If I am reading right the next tourney would be Saturday? I Might have to have U'roh make a appearance!