Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 07-19-2015

Yeah, got a couple of shot of the line up.  Oh geeze, so many people and so many blue names that my computer just couldn't render them all in the screen.

[Image: ffxiv_07182015_215925.jpg]
[Image: ffxiv_07182015_215931.jpg]
See what I mean.

Also, I wish you could have been there.  You missed the RP blow up between John and Howl.  It was fun to write John finally lossing his temper...just, he's regretting it since it was Howl that he lost it with.  But it's given me several plot points to use to get John to grow as a character and to maybe deal with a part of his past.  Just waiting for Titor's ok on working it as a side for the main plot going on in the FC at the moment.

Anyway, vacation over so I'm back to work. *cries a little* I'll miss you guys.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 07-19-2015

So when all was said and done last night, the Grindstone crowned Percival Turner as the champ once again. It was a pretty big turnout and I appreciate everyone putting up with wonky brackets and some long waits for fights to clear out. I learned a few things, I hope!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Corelyn - 07-20-2015

That was a great lot of fun. I'm glad I finally got one of my characters (Dail'a) involved. Hopefully I'll have a decent enough connection when I visit my parents this weekend to participate again! =-D

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 07-26-2015

Another night, another Grindstone in the books! We saw 33 fighters tonight duke it out for the bragging rights for the next seven days and finally Orenji Kharn walked away somewhat richer and swearing to break records.

He's coming for you, Mirke!

Many thanks to everyone who took part tonight, both fighters and spectators. You guys are incredible.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Sounsyy - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 01:07 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: He's coming for you, Mirke!

/readies the infamous shield.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 08-01-2015

FORTY PEOPLE FIGHTING TONIGHT. MORE WATCHING.

[Image: rlx3mWd.jpg]

[Image: bAbRl8g.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 08-02-2015

Tonight's championship match, happening RIGHT NOW, is a rematch of last week's championship match!

[Image: 5h3uiTF.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 08-02-2015

After 39 people went into the dust, only Blake Forester was left standing tonight!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 08-08-2015

If anyone was curious, this is what some portion of 47 insane, bored roleplayers look like when preparing to skin one another.

[Image: 4TUxFM2.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Duplicitous Dame - 08-08-2015

I got a shot of us before the event! This was crazy awesome! Brave Horizon, callin' you out woman, I want a rematch sometime! <3

[Image: ffxiv_08082015_220139_zpsefdcdhws.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 08-09-2015

And your winner, and neeeeeeeeeeeeeew Champeen!

[Image: hdUaAGz.jpg]

Nazyl Tharazyl!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - MadWater - 08-09-2015

(08-08-2015, 11:23 PM)Nahare Rahz Wrote: I got a shot of us before the event! This was crazy awesome! Brave Horizon, callin' you out woman, I want a rematch sometime! <3

[Image: ffxiv_08082015_220139_zpsefdcdhws.jpg]
Come at me. /flex

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Spethah - 08-09-2015

I had fun there as Ira! Was the first time I actually did Grindstone and I wasn't sure her fighting style would be any good. Turns out I was wrong! 

10/10 would backhand and shield bash again.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 08-09-2015

The flex off was the best fight of the century.

I never laughed so hard at grindstone.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - DoomsdayClock - 08-09-2015

A bond of muscle was formed that night that shall never be broken. And Roe's proved that all other races are merely workout equipment waiting to be plucked up.