Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 06-14-2015

(06-14-2015, 11:15 PM)Flower Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 10:49 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: What does it take to become an overseer? Do we volunteer or...?
Volunteer. Warren loves the help, especially when there are 35-40 people showing up! Healers are welcomed to volunteer as well! Always could use healers!
You have to beat Judge in a staring contest.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 06-14-2015

(06-14-2015, 11:27 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 11:15 PM)Flower Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 10:49 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: What does it take to become an overseer? Do we volunteer or...?
Volunteer. Warren loves the help, especially when there are 35-40 people showing up! Healers are welcomed to volunteer as well! Always could use healers!
You have to beat Judge in a staring contest.
And beat Bench in rock paper scissors.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 06-14-2015

Overseers are usually just people very familiar with the event's rules and going-ons. As it stands now, we've got a pretty decent handle on folks who are up to that role. What we lack now, and always lack, and will likely forever lack, are healers.

Healing the Grindstone is a thankless job where you wait around for matches to end (and they all end at once) so you can run over and do some roleplay. You'll usually be ignored by supertough badasses wanting to walk off broken legs and gouged-out eyeballs, and you are constantly switching between being highly in demand or waiting around for someone to get split open so you can further be ignored. All the while you're in party or linkshell with the jerk on the rock wanting things to be speedy. It's hell, simply put.

I love the people who volunteer to heal, but it's basically Nightmare Mode when it comes to RP.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-15-2015

My favorite part about healing is when I get someone screaming "MEDICCCCC! I NEED A HEALER OR A MEDIC NOW!!!!"

...And Franz has been asking them for the past 20 IRL minutes to please show him the injuries so he can start working on it.

...after healing them in their previous matches that night.

How is big scary Highlander-sized person not getting noticed? Next time, think I'll just have him amputage the injuries with his axe :p

--

slight healer derail: It makes things hard when we also get 2+ healers swarming the same person. There're plenty of hurt people. We don't need to share injuries by default!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 02:23 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: My favorite part about healing is when I get someone screaming "MEDICCCCC! I NEED A HEALER OR A MEDIC NOW!!!!"

Best part when it's someone demanding a healer when a healer is already there, and then only noticing the second one when it shows up... followed by them complaining about all the work they had to do. Sad

Alternatively, there's the folks you've spent plenty of time healing and yet they're still somehow grievously injured. If one of your healers has literally done the RP equivalent of draining their MP pool into you, then I think you should be healed enough to walk off whatever stiffness or tenderness remains - if any.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 06-20-2015

Trying to get into game on John but the queue is 322 and seems to skips ever so often.  Don't know if it's dropping back into the same queue or not.

Edit:
Got 2002. Going to try again is a second.

Edit 2:
Yep, still getting 2002. Not going to be on tonight by the looks of it but I'll still keep trying.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 06-20-2015

Between Early Access and the rampant server/lobby issues, we managed to pack in 8 people for the Grindstone tonight!

We crowned a champion in Neveah Dzamael. I'm knackered and will attempt to do a more proper write-up tomorrow.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - ChewableMorphine - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 11:50 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Between Early Access and the rampant server/lobby issues, we managed to pack in 8 people for the Grindstone tonight!

We crowned a champion in Neveah Dzamael. I'm knackered and will attempt to do a more proper write-up tomorrow.

Oh goodie! I liked that one. Yeah, I made it past my first fight to DC shortly after. Nice GS, I liked it small. See y'all next week. Thumbsup

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - CrimsonMars - 06-21-2015

[Image: XE4eVd3.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - ChewableMorphine - 06-21-2015

[Image: mQYyfN7.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Hammersmith - 06-23-2015

Been socially slapped the last few weeks.  Hoping to make it this upcoming weekend.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 06-23-2015

It should be interesting to see how many folk come to show off their new Au Ra-ness and/or new combat abilities. We had two Au Ra and a MCH participating in the eight-man Grindstone last week, with a DRK brooding on the sidelines (of course, that was Aaron, who broods naturally).

Did we ever reach a verdict on how MCHs would be participating? Using rubber slugs or actively aiming for non-lethal points on the body? I was running late and missed most of the conversation at the rock about it.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 11:39 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Did we ever reach a verdict on how MCHs would be participating? Using rubber slugs or actively aiming for non-lethal points on the body? I was running late and missed most of the conversation at the rock about it.

Yes, but the lazy leader guy never got around to posting about it. Bullets, like arrows, are expected to be of some non-lethal variety. Rubber bullets, beanbags, whatever. It's basically a cover-our-meta-rules-ass type of thing: There's a no-kill rule but people are going to aim at heads regardless because reasons.

I don't mind, but I also don't want some JFK-level bullshit happening during the event. Maim responsibly, folks.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 09:19 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: There's a no-kill rule but people are going to aim at heads regardless because reasons.

Violation of this rule in Judge's presence is still punishable by "death by horse," by the by. I don't mean his horse Bench will trample you under his hooves or anything like that. I mean Judge will literally pick up his armored warhorse and beat you to death with it.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 11:39 AM)Gegenji Wrote: It should be interesting to see how many folk come to show off their new Au Ra-ness and/or new combat abilities. We had two Au Ra and a MCH participating in the eight-man Grindstone last week, with a DRK brooding on the sidelines (of course, that was Aaron, who broods naturally).

Did we ever reach a verdict on how MCHs would be participating? Using rubber slugs or actively aiming for non-lethal points on the body? I was running late and missed most of the conversation at the rock about it.
I WASN'T BROODING I WAS JUST LOITERING!