Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 05-31-2015

(05-31-2015, 01:22 PM)Eorla Brynn Wrote: I think my most constantly used phrase last night was: "No. Fucking. Way."

Renata has NEVER made it out of the first round. And last night, not only did she make it out of the first round (defeating her boyfriend...and Percival is a way more skilled fighter than Ren), she kept winning before being defeated by Caleb in the semifinals.

My jaw literally dropped.

Great night, seriously. Big Grin And congrats to Caleb for taking the victory.

Not gonna lie, seeing you say "Am I really in the semi-final?!" and then disconnect had at least me waiting to see if you'd make it back. The drama!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Renata Lynn - 05-31-2015

(05-31-2015, 02:20 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(05-31-2015, 01:22 PM)Eorla Brynn Wrote: I think my most constantly used phrase last night was: "No. Fucking. Way."

Renata has NEVER made it out of the first round. And last night, not only did she make it out of the first round (defeating her boyfriend...and Percival is a way more skilled fighter than Ren), she kept winning before being defeated by Caleb in the semifinals.

My jaw literally dropped.

Great night, seriously. Big Grin And congrats to Caleb for taking the victory.

Not gonna lie, seeing you say "Am I really in the semi-final?!" and then disconnect had at least me waiting to see if you'd make it back. The drama!
Oh man, I was like "WTF! Really?!" And then I was on Skype, asking someone to tell you and Caleb I was on my way back...and then it was taking FOREVER to sign back in...

I was biting my nails on that, haha.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - CrimsonMars - 06-01-2015

You guys are lucky the Maid of Battle didn't show up that night (as she got hurt pretty badly on a job). But anyway, congratulations to you Caleb. Laugh

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Vitamin C - 06-01-2015

Had an awesome time at this weekend's grindstone! Did not expect to win one, let alone two fights! The masked miqo'te hopes to return and claim glory next time.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 06-05-2015

So looking over my data, it seems our coffers are currently running down! I've got some ideas on how to replenish them. I was also thinking of overhauling the prize pot just because of how big we've gotten lately. Once I've got something firmer in mind I'll make another post about it, but just wanted to put the seed out there.

* Warren Castille steeples fingers.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 06-06-2015

Winding down tonight! We "only" had 28 competitors tonight, but that doesn't mean we had a lack of excitement!

If anyone's reading this now, Toff Vaughn is celebrating his nameday at Costa del Sol once the fights are over! Toff waits for Allister Dedrick and Kyuu Yuusatsu to determine who he'll face for the right to combat Striding Oak in the final round!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 06-07-2015

And we're through! Congratulations to Striding Oak on her victories tonight!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 06-07-2015

Another V-day Massacre? Well, Summer time Jam? Pay to fight certain people? That did wonderful last time.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 01:32 AM)Brianna Dunham Wrote: Another V-day Massacre? Well, Summer time Jam? Pay to fight certain people? That did wonderful last time.

Highest bidder gets to fight Judge's horse.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Flashhelix - 06-14-2015

NONE CAN STOP DOCTOR GREENTHUMB
[Image: ee3415cbed.jpg]
except for brave horizon, she stopped him pretty handily

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 06-14-2015

Doctor Greenthumb was stopped! Tonight crowned a brand new champion, one S'elene Cehter! The longstanding tradition of newbies ruining the competition continues and we have a new champion, 1/1 in terms of competition!

Next week! Early Access! The Grindstone carries on anyway!

As long as people wish to fight, there will be a Grindstone.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Kage - 06-14-2015

JUST SAYING IT NOW.

IN BEFORE NO ONE CAN LOG IN AND /random

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Makyn Loneseeker - 06-14-2015

(06-14-2015, 01:25 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Doctor Greenthumb was stopped! Tonight crowned a brand new champion, one S'elene Cehter! The longstanding tradition of newbies ruining the competition continues and we have a new champion, 1/1 in terms of competition!

Next week! Early Access! The Grindstone carries on anyway!

As long as people wish to fight, there will be a Grindstone.
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - CrimsonMars - 06-14-2015

What does it take to become an overseer? Do we volunteer or...?

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 06-14-2015

(06-14-2015, 10:49 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: What does it take to become an overseer? Do we volunteer or...?
Volunteer. Warren loves the help, especially when there are 35-40 people showing up! Healers are welcomed to volunteer as well! Always could use healers!