Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 05-03-2015

Hey! This isn't my event! I'm just steering it for now!

That's what they all say!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 05-03-2015

Hes right it's really my event.

Y'all just don't know it yet.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Kage - 05-03-2015

It's so interesting that the current runner is also one with a many-loss record

Cactuar

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 05-03-2015

(05-03-2015, 12:16 PM)Kage Wrote: It's so interesting that the current runner is also one with a many-loss record

Cactuar

MODS MODS BAN THIS PERSON

It's usually how it works out, though. If this was a seasonal sports, where people only fought once a night? Win/Loss would mean a lot more. As it is, though, everybody-but-one-person is guaranteed to lose every week. It made for less exciting numbers than I initially thought they'd be, because 50% of the fighters would get a loss without a win. You'd have to hit the third round or beyond frequently to be above .500 and that just makes for depressing statistics.

I was counting just Wins after that, but then a certain loremonger went on a three week tear and accumulated a hojillion victories, so it became equally depressing! I'm thinking of appropriating the tab to just list off champions.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Kage - 05-03-2015

I tried to make a funny. ; ;

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Sounsyy - 05-03-2015

(05-03-2015, 12:19 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I was counting just Wins after that, but then a certain loremonger went on a three week tear and accumulated a hojillion victories, so it became equally depressing! I'm thinking of appropriating the tab to just list off champions.

Three wins and two second places. /flex.

FEAR THE SHIELD.

I'm a huge fan of that note in the standings section of the Grindstone records. Just saying.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 05-03-2015

I forgot how many times I won grindstone lol.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Desu Nee - 05-03-2015

I've never saw a single Grindstone, but this is pretty much how it goes in my head.

[youtube]3Gr8Qvczrvc[/youtube]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 05-03-2015

As always, glad I could help you out Warren.  I always have fun at the Grindstone.  Some nice development for John (he got chew out by the other healers for not taking care of his injury leg and glare at by Warren) got to have some nice RP with Howl.  That was fun time on that one and once again, I forgot to do screenshots of the event.

Howl, check your wiki page.  New rumor from John seems to be going around.  Also, open post for Healer's Heart is up if you want your character to interact with my little healer, especially if anyone happen to be near by and overhear John's promise.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Hammersmith - 05-03-2015

(05-03-2015, 02:15 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: I've never saw a single Grindstone, but this is pretty much how it goes in my head.

[youtube]3Gr8Qvczrvc[/youtube]

This is pretty accurate.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 05-10-2015

Tonight, 31 of Balmung's finest assembled to beat the tar out of each other!

[Image: zqOqq1T.jpg]

We had hulking naked people, fierce combat out of anime and some lady with a frying pan! At the end of the night, though, the Grindstone recognized Lydix Notki as its champion. She even won with a headbutt! Headbutts NEVER work!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 05-10-2015

And once again, I almost forget to get screen shot.  Low the only one that I took tonight.

[Image: ffxiv_05102015_003306.jpg]
Yes, it the lady with the frying pan.

Wish that could have been there for the whole event but I miss the opening because of work.  Also, forgot to screenshot John and Sei talk.  I really think she gets a kick out of making John blush.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - WhiteLycanXII - 05-12-2015

Leih almost, ALMOST had the championship title, but Hulking Roeserker < Cullinadatior Elezen < Wacky Inflatable Airtube Catman Ninja < Lady Highlander w/ A Massive Axe. And a Forehead of Darksteel. Well played match, Lydix.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 05-16-2015

Show Content

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 05-17-2015

Double post!

We crowned a new champion tonight in a certain Aaron Frostheart, maybe you've heard of him?

Check out this star-backed picture of him and the runner-up, Sehn Garanjyi with the overseers in the background!

[Image: fojE8Ye.jpg]