Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 04-27-2015

Ok, just updating you guys for John.  Healer's Heart post is up and open for anyone that wants to post in it.  Also got a separate post for any Flames that wish to get an update on the battle from Captain Robinton.  Don't mind the sleeping miqo'te.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 04-28-2015

Someone reported to me last night that there was random and unprovoked discussion of the Grindstone in the Quicksand last night. I'm seriously in awe at how prominent this event is, and how it's stayed that way since basically the launch of 2.0.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Renata Lynn - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 07:36 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Someone reported to me last night that there was random and unprovoked discussion of the Grindstone in the Quicksand last night. I'm seriously in awe at how prominent this event is, and how it's stayed that way since basically the launch of 2.0.
I have seen/heard/participated in such discussions. The GS comes up more often than you think! Big Grin

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 05-02-2015

[Image: wAGdyh2.jpg]

Thirty-two of Eorzea's finest lined up in Central Thanalan! You know what that means, don't you?

It means our brackets break down evenly! It means it's time for the Grindstone!

Er... it was time for the Grindstone, an hour and a half ago! I'm timely!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Reiner Dorn - 05-03-2015

A NEW CHALLANGER ARRIVES!

[Image: XSxbAdU.jpg?1]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Reiner Dorn - 05-03-2015

(05-03-2015, 12:40 AM)Reiner Dorn Wrote: A NEW CHALLANGER ARRIVES!

[Image: XSxbAdU.jpg?1]
Also he was happily removed without injury because of paint cans

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - CrimsonMars - 05-03-2015

(05-02-2015, 11:19 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: [Image: wAGdyh2.jpg]

Thirty-two of Eorzea's finest lined up in Central Thanalan! You know what that means, don't you?

It means our brackets break down evenly! It means it's time for the Grindstone!

Er... it was time for the Grindstone, an hour and a half ago! I'm timely!

Who's that cool kitty 7th to the left? Cool

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 05-03-2015

After another night of tense defenses and matches that JUST WON'T END we finally have a new champion!

Syl... Syldw...

Sylbwyda Yrnhanthwym!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Klynzahr - 05-03-2015

*Activates Roegadyn Pronunciation Powers*

"Sylbwyda Iyrnhanthwyn! Congratulations to a fellow giant lass." 

Cool

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Kage - 05-03-2015

*cheats using LS info*
CONGRATS Sylbwyda Iyrnhanthwyn!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 05-03-2015

Sad I couldn't make it.

Le sigh

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Steel Wolf - 05-03-2015

Caught a tiny bit of this--the husband needed a Steps of Faith clear--but what I did watch was fun, if a bit on the chaotic side.

Steel ain't the sort to participate, but she'll watch and rabble-rouse...and this time, it will be at length.

...unless it gets late because I have to work in the morning and blurgh.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - T'caska Khevo - 05-03-2015

(04-28-2015, 07:36 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Someone reported to me last night that there was random and unprovoked discussion of the Grindstone in the Quicksand last night. I'm seriously in awe at how prominent this event is, and how it's stayed that way since basically the launch of 2.0.

Calm down Warren. The Grindstone is a staple of this server and a great event that people can rely on. Its like that comfortable chair in the corner that grandpa passed down to you - always there, smells like cigars, and supportive in all the right places... or is that Brianna's Bra?

Anyways, The Grindstone is great imo because its always there. Not only is it one of the events that many many people look forward to but its something people can use in other RP. I was in the Quicksand last night talking business and it came up in conversation, if only for a second and no one batted an eye.

Even though I've never participated, I enjoy Old Faithful just as much as everyone that does.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Kyrio Lamansque - 05-03-2015

Old Faithful.. you hear that, Warren? You explode into the sky over this thing on a regular basis.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Steel Wolf - 05-03-2015

(05-03-2015, 10:44 AM)Kyrio Lamansque Wrote: Old Faithful.. you hear that, Warren? You explode into the sky over this thing on a regular basis.

And also, you're Old. :P