Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aris - 04-06-2015

I'd be happy to help out too, should have added that. I've little experience with RP but.. will just throw myself in the deep end and hope for the best. Tongue

& With your permission I'll make an interest check thread to gauge EU players interest on here.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 01:34 PM)Aris Wrote: I'd be happy to help out too, should have added that. I've little experience with RP but.. will just throw myself in the deep end and hope for the best. Tongue

& With your permission I'll make an interest check thread to gauge EU players interest on here.

Absolutely.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Makyn Loneseeker - 04-10-2015

That moment when John Waterstrike is /not/ a new player anymore

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 04-10-2015

(04-10-2015, 08:21 PM)Bakyn Wrote: That moment when John Waterstrike is /not/ a new player anymore
*blinks in confusion*  Um, not sure what you mean by that?

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Rawkin - 04-11-2015

I havent been able to reach any of the officials, who can I speak to about participating and getting a linkshell invite?

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Makyn Loneseeker - 04-11-2015

(04-10-2015, 11:38 PM)Star Lin Wrote:
(04-10-2015, 08:21 PM)Bakyn Wrote: That moment when John Waterstrike is /not/ a new player anymore
*blinks in confusion*  Um, not sure what you mean by that?
The green seed isn't next to the name anymore xD

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 05:28 PM)Vahl Wrote: I havent been able to reach any of the officials, who can I speak to about participating and getting a linkshell invite?

AFAIK, the linkshell isn't used anymore. You only need to show up at the specified time and stand in line to compete!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-11-2015

It beings!

[Image: LfSfrdo.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Edda - 04-11-2015

[youtube]JaEJmSz-uFs[/youtube]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 04-11-2015

Holy shit, guys. Last week was teensy, and THIS is what we have this week.

[Image: ULVAPDz.jpg]

[Image: w6bGxNw.jpg]

SEE THOSE DOTS OVER IN THE DISTANCE? ALSO FIGHTERS.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Flashhelix - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 10:28 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Holy shit, guys. Last week was teensy, and THIS is what we have this week.

[Image: ULVAPDz.jpg]

[Image: w6bGxNw.jpg]

SEE THOSE DOTS OVER IN THE DISTANCE? ALSO FIGHTERS.

and that's leaving out at least two other bouts

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 04-11-2015

My camera can only zoom out so far.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Caex Vaeriar - 04-11-2015

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=11063

As the topic seems to be locked, I'd like to discuss this with Warren since he wont' discuss it in game, despite polite requests for it. And to see him making that post in such an insulting way just before locking the thread is a bit... disheartening. 

Quote: So your character is allowed to be an edgelord but no one's allowed to give him grief back? Grow up, you instigated a fight with the people running an event ICly and then they responded ICly. There's no "meta." You were a cunt, and you got treated like one.
Quote:Turns out there's consequences to being an anti-social gives-no-fucks person with no respect for anyone: You miss out on social privileges.

Edit, for posterity:

If anyone else wants to come to the Grindstone and get mouthy with the Overseers, you're free to do so. You, too, will be told to leave.

I never said my character is allowed to b admouth, however: 

Quote: 
Quote:Caex'ra Vaeriar glances to his right at the blue-haired miq. A slight pulling of the lips upwards to show dominant, sharp canines. In his eyes, if one could see them, a rather feral look as he glanced right, then back left, then right again, "Th'ell... G't 'n line."
Arbiter A: "Oy."
Caex'ra Vaeriar scoffs, turning back to his right.
Arbiter A pokes you.
Arbiter A: "Get in line if you're getting in line, or you won't be fighting."
Caex'ra Vaeriar blinks, being poked by a strange light-haired miq, and turns his head. to look towards them, smirk, and waves them off with a hand. Keeping in the line yet keeping himself at the end of it.
THE RP SHOULD HAVE ENDED HERE. There was a small gap, no larger than one person at most, between me and the person to my left. Reasonable distance, not far out like they make it sound*

The RP should have ended there. I made very clear both by my IC positioning (Again, not going to be shoulder-to-shoulder rubbing against eachother... That's just an uncomfortable OoC and IC distance issue, and is more an OoC issue you have), and the gap was small enough that you could, at most, fit a single person in it. Even your own picture is rather damning - you can see me on the far left of your picture, clearly in line. So why was such a fuss made over it, when you can clearly see more a gap FOUR PEOPLE TO THE RIGHT? 

You tell me to grow up, but you are shirking away from discussing and seeking a peaceful resolution. 30 mintues of being ignored made me come to the forums to seek help and assistance from someone who could moderate this issue properly, since you have shown you lack the maturity and the OoC disconnect to do so yourself properly. ^_^ 

(04-11-2015, 11:12 PM)Caex Vaeriar Wrote: stuff

1) Can't lock threads, I'm not a mod.
2) I'm a little busy running an event
3) ???
4) Profit

You walked into an establishment, got pissy with the managers and are now upset you got throw out. I tried to handle this when I told you to come back next week. You continued.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 11:12 PM)Caex Vaeriar Wrote: You tell me to grow up, but you are shirking away from discussing and seeking a peaceful resolution. 30 mintues of being ignored made me come to the forums to seek help and assistance from someone who could moderate this issue properly, since you have shown you lack the maturity and the OoC disconnect to do so yourself properly. ^_^ 
Please take this to tells, also understand that Warren is running the event. He has a spreadsheet to watch, calls to make, people to put against one another and his own dealings to handle. Even I can't bug him while he is handling Grindstone.

The man avoids my offerings of cake!