Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 02-13-2015

A lot of folks seem to want to test to see how strong Chachan is... I wonder how many challenges he'll get. Sad

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Edgar - 02-14-2015

Quote:For example, if Flynt "the Hyena" Reddard wants revenge against a certain highlander woman who made a mockery of him last week and he puts up 10,000 gil, but a certain shin-smashing lalafell offers 50,000 to fight Flynt, Koporo the lalafell gets his opponent.

Nice to know Koporo's reputation precedes him.

Cover your shins. Or don't, because they will break, if Kopo has to hit them a thousand times.

[Image: 64px-Weathered_Burtgang_Icon.png]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-14-2015

(02-13-2015, 12:00 PM)Gegenji Wrote: A lot of folks seem to want to test to see how strong Chachan is... I wonder how many challenges he'll get. Sad

[Image: 54588924.jpg]
you can do it ;3

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 02-15-2015

Another night, another Grindstone in the books. To start off, the Fight Auction was a rousing success! To the surprise of everyone, Flynt "The Hyena" Reddard was not the most sought-after opponent! The person who drew the most gil for the privilege of fighting was... Romy Leonhardt?! The highlander paladin had a small bidding war that resulted in one-hundred-thousand gil being donated to the Grindstone. All told, we managed to secure 471,000 shiny coins, enough to keep the Grindstone winners walking away with money for nearly ten more weeks.

[Image: AnRGBqx.jpg]

People were at the Wash early, and as usual before too long the scene was quite crowded!

We also ended up with a pretty large number of folks hanging around to watch. It was nice to see people cheering on their favorites and rooting for the underdogs.

[Image: PhhCEel.jpg]

Our final match came down to the unstoppable Romy fighting relative-newcomer-but-proving-his-worth Keiragi Kishi.

[Image: uZP6Tgy.jpg]

In the end, though, the long hours of fighting and waiting ended up being poor Ser Romy's downfall, and Keiragi finally found the means to end the match.

...so you're telling me that the Grindstone on Valentione's Day ended in someone getting penetrated? Alright!

I, uh, accidentally fucked up the Standings tonight, too, so they're inaccurate until I get the urge to go fix them. That's what I get for updating them as I go, then losing track.

As always, thank you for everyone who contributed and attended. You are what makes this event and event!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Verranicus - 02-15-2015

Girlfriend and I enjoyed watching the fights despite our crap internet disconnecting us every few minutes. Hoping you continue this so we can show up next week.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Kishi - 02-15-2015

It was an awesome time once again, at the Grindstone last evening! Thanks once more to the gents and ladies that help run this event!

[Image: Wo5fv8F.png]
The calm before the storm, while people placed bids to see who they fought first.

[Image: jnG3NGf.png]

[Image: g1PqeFR.png]
The fighters lined up and ready to go, for this evening bouts.

[Image: J0Y5OXi.png]

[Image: hYZJFtc.png]
The Grindstone well underway as the fighters duke it out to see who will become the champion this week.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 02-15-2015

All that really matters is that Auri got to kick Flynt in the nuts.

All is well in the world.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Kishi - 02-15-2015

(02-15-2015, 12:41 PM)Auriaune Fournier Wrote: All that really matters is that Auri got to kick Flynt in the nuts.

All is well in the world.
Well, guess I need to hand my winnings over to Auri then.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 02-15-2015

(02-15-2015, 03:14 AM)Verranicus Wrote: Girlfriend and I enjoyed watching the fights despite our crap internet disconnecting us every few minutes. Hoping you continue this so we can show up next week.

As long as people wish to fight, there will be a Grindstone.

Double posting because holy shit, I woke up to another donation in my inbox to keep the Grindstone running.

In total, I'm sitting on 1,001,000 gil in prize money. The standard payout is 50k, which means right now there's enough in the kitty to fully fund the Grindstone for the next twenty weeks.

...buncha bloodthirsty lunatics, I tell ya.

Show Content

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Bopdoot - 02-15-2015

Amelia looks like such a 5ever alone in these screenshots XD.  I had a lot of fun watching and maybe next time I'll think about participating now that I know how it works.  Thanks for doing this event Smile

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Romy Leonhardt - 02-16-2015

At least Romy placed second and made someone eat a hundred thousand gil.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Cynel1 - 02-17-2015

Well im Coming back next Grindstone Hopefully next time ill beat my Record.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 02-20-2015

Kestlona will be there to watch this Sat.  It'll hopefully allow her to make some RP connections as well.  As for John ever attending, I'll probably have him be one of the healers doing the event.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 02-20-2015

(02-20-2015, 01:45 PM)Star Lin Wrote: Kestlona will be there to watch this Sat.  It'll hopefully allow her to make some RP connections as well.  As for John ever attending, I'll probably have him be one of the healers doing the event.

We're always happy to have folks turn up to watch, and we're doubly/triply happy to have some extra healers on hand.