Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 02:56 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: CHACHANJI, HAVE I EVER TOLD YOU THE STORY OF HOW SOME NEAR NAKED GUY DEFEATED THE BEAST?

NO, SER WARREN, SHOULD I BRING THE POPPING CORNS?

That makes sense, though, I guess. It's not declared because it's a given. Chachan wouldn't do something like that (he'd probably just punch folks with his gauntlets or something), but it is certainly something to keep in mind.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Jaliqai - 02-09-2015

The way I look at it, stones and the like are part of the environment and equally available to both fighters in a match so I -personally- don't take issue with it. It's just up to the character themselves whether or not they're of the persuasion to use them if an opportunity arises. But an undeclared weapon is an unfair, one-sided advantage. Just my two cents! x:

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Inessa Hara - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 03:31 PM)Xheja Rajhera Wrote: The way I look at it, stones and the like are part of the environment and equally available to both fighters in a match so I -personally- don't take issue with it. It's just up to the character themselves whether or not they're of the persuasion to use them if an opportunity arises. But an undeclared weapon is an unfair, one-sided advantage. Just my two cents! x:
I am of a mind with this, its partially the last point being the reason why I wanted to bring up the stones in the first place.

If it's not declared, it should not be allowed, tbh, its your call warren. You get to decide how we beat each other up.

Canon: Warren is master hand from Super Smash Bros.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Sounsyy - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 02:51 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Someone who disarms the other person and attacks them with their own weapon could be interesting.

I've seriously contemplated doing this several times! (RNGesus permitting) But I always struggled with if it'd really be Sounsyy's style. In Sounsyy's backstory, in her very first Coliseum match, her opponent disarmed her of her spear and clocked her with it. Why she has the scar on her left cheek.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Desu Nee - 02-09-2015

Only losers go to Grindstones, winners do magic
YOU HEAR ME

YOU BUNCH OF LOSERS.
BRAIN LACKING MONKEYS.

*Watched from afar and yes I am jealous I will never partake the glory of Grindstone. The salt will never end.*

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 03:33 PM)Inessa Hara Wrote: Canon: Warren is master hand from Super Smash Bros.

Calling dibs on my Judge alt being Crazy Hand.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Desu Nee - 02-09-2015

Calling dibs on Female Fire Emblem PC.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Inessa Hara - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 03:37 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-09-2015, 03:33 PM)Inessa Hara Wrote: Canon: Warren is master hand from Super Smash Bros.

Flynt the Hyena is Crazy hand if anything, lol.

(02-09-2015, 03:38 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: Calling dibs on Female Fire Emblem PC.
Calling dib's on Lucina.   :>

((btw, youre thinking of Robin, which is the default PC name for the male/femal protagonist.))

(02-09-2015, 03:40 PM)Inessa Hara Wrote:
(02-09-2015, 03:38 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: Calling dibs on Female Fire Emblem PC.
Calling dib's on Lucina.   :>

((btw, youre thinking of Robin, which is the default PC name for the male/femal protagonist.))
I know but because I can name them, I just call PC.

(02-09-2015, 03:39 PM)Inessa Hara Wrote:

Aw, that's a good point, yeah. Flynt for Crazy Hand.

Chachan will just have to be Ike, then.

[Image: tumblr_n8tnxerLVo1s8chaxo1_500.png]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 02-09-2015

He does run the mirror event on Friday...

Also! Going to work on that spreadsheet a bit more. Want to track wins/losses for everyone. Please look forward to it!

Edit: Unless I forgot how to math, everyone's standings should be updated.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - ChewableMorphine - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 03:42 PM)Gegenji Wrote:

Aw, that's a good point, yeah. Flynt for Crazy Hand.

Chachan will just have to be Ike, then.

[Image: tumblr_n8tnxerLVo1s8chaxo1_500.png]

If I'm Crazy Hand, does that mean I'm the Master Core?

[Image: MasterCoreSimulacrum.JPG]

Confirmed.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 02-12-2015

So, pending an announcement at Saturday's Grindstone, there's going to be a minor change to this week's event.

ANNOUNCING THE ONE-NIGHT-ONLY-MAYBE GRINDSTONE VALENTIONE'S DAY MASSACRE!

Normal rules dictate that your opponent may not be decided except by the Arbiter. To my knowledge, this rule was waived only during small events totaling less than six people. However, due to the Grindstone's "unsanctioned" station as of recent time, the current Arbiter is making an exception.

Saturday, February 14 will be the first night that you will be allowed to select your opponent... For a fee. Got someone you really, really want to square off with? That person is YOURS in the first round, provided you pony up the most cash for them. Only the highest bid will be entertained, and in the event of your opponent bidding on an opponent, only the highest value will be accepted.

For example, if Flynt "the Hyena" Reddard wants revenge against a certain highlander woman who made a mockery of him last week and he puts up 10,000 gil, but a certain shin-smashing lalafell offers 50,000 to fight Flynt, Koporo the lalafell gets his opponent.

This is not a money-making venture. The collected gil, if any, will be put into a pot and kept updated on the spreadsheet and used to fund future Grindstone win purses, starting with the one tomorrow.

The "auction" will conclude shortly before 10PM Saturday night, but I will be present at the rock in Fesca's Wash around 8PM to entertain offers.

I know this is short notice, but I suspect some feuds will be fueled by this.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Berrod Armstrong - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 08:55 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: So, pending an announcement at Saturday's Grindstone, there's going to be a minor change to this week's event.

ANNOUNCING THE ONE-NIGHT-ONLY-MAYBE GRINDSTONE VALENTIONE'S DAY MASSACRE!

Normal rules dictate that your opponent may not be decided except by the Arbiter. To my knowledge, this rule was waived only during small events totaling less than six people. However, due to the Grindstone's "unsanctioned" station as of recent time, the current Arbiter is making an exception.

Saturday, February 14 will be the first night that you will be allowed to select your opponent... For a fee. Got someone you really, really want to square off with? That person is YOURS in the first round, provided you pony up the most cash for them. Only the highest bid will be entertained, and in the event of your opponent bidding on an opponent, only the highest value will be accepted.

For example, if Flynt "the Hyena" Reddard wants revenge against a certain highlander woman who made a mockery of him last week and he puts up 10,000 gil, but a certain shin-smashing lalafell offers 50,000 to fight Flynt, Koporo the lalafell gets his opponent.

This is not a money-making venture. The collected gil, if any, will be put into a pot and kept updated on the spreadsheet and used to fund future Grindstone win purses, starting with the one tomorrow.

The "auction" will conclude shortly before 10PM Saturday night, but I will be present at the rock in Fesca's Wash around 8PM to entertain offers.

I know this is short notice, but I suspect some feuds will be fueled by this.
YES