Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Edgar - 02-01-2015

Koporo and Flynt have a grudge match next Saturday. No weapons, just an all out brawl.

I hope you're all looking forward to it!

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Seye Qhesu - 02-01-2015

(02-01-2015, 03:21 PM)Koporo Wrote: Koporo and Flynt have a grudge match next Saturday. No weapons, just an all out brawl.

I hope Flynt wins! Auri is not happy with Koporo ripping the tape off her ears.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Edgar - 02-01-2015

(02-01-2015, 04:29 PM)Auriaune Fournier Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 03:21 PM)Koporo Wrote: Koporo and Flynt have a grudge match next Saturday. No weapons, just an all out brawl.

"Ya couldn't hear a derned thin' wit it on, ya idjit!"

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Gegenji - 02-02-2015

(02-01-2015, 05:40 PM)Edgar Wrote:

... Isn't this the same Lalafell who entered the Grindstone with a broken jaw and accompanying brace? Dodgy

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Melkire - 02-03-2015

(01-21-2015, 06:23 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Only the OP can change the thread title and first post.

And mods, apparently. From California With Love. Heart

If anyone ever needs a title change for a thread with extenuating circumstances like this one, please point them my way.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - ChewableMorphine - 02-04-2015

(02-01-2015, 01:01 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Another night in the books. We had people lined up a full hour before we started, chomping at the bit to rip each other apart.

[Image: yj58Y7U.jpg]

Our final match ended up being the soft-spoken Karin L'estasi taking on the man everyone wanted to see lose and lose hard, Flynt "The Hyena" Reddard.

[Image: SROECGm.jpg]

Things don't always go how we want them, though, and the Most Despised Man at the Grindstone walked away with the purse and the title of Champion. We'll see who's able to knock him off next week -- If anyone can!

[Image: DqOFSJ7.jpg]

Edit: A couple of other shots taken during the event!
Folks lined up early
[Image: NRANKbu.png]

They're not sitting, they're exchanging ground and pound moves and both of them defending for what feels like ten turns.
[Image: GOrgJZO.png]

The line up
[Image: 0BzPNXz.png]

And a glorious shot of the line-up. My money's on that marmot, unless Verad shows up.
[Image: AMvEGRP.png]

Many thanks to everyone who came out and made the event what it is; That was probably our best "episode" of the Grindstone yet.

Oh man how did I not see this, thank you so much for considering this to be the best Grindstone to date, I'll try not to let anybody down ;-;

If memory serves me well I won with the following:
  1. Thumbs jammed into the eyes of Percival
  2. Rabbit punch to Inessa's head
  3. The manual castration of the guy with the book
  4. Double Dempsey Roll parry all up in Karin's face
Flynt loves being both the most hated and loved figure in Thanalan, and does his best to keep his "fans" pleased. OOCly I'd like to thank all of you for being so supportive of my character, it means a lot to me. I would of never dreamed in a million years I'd see something I wrote to reach the status it did. You're all so wonderful, and Flynt will take great pleasure kicking your asses and buying you a drink after <3
However Koporo will feel the wrath of the Hyena firsthand, the gnome has is coming...

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Edgar - 02-04-2015

Quote:However Koporo will feel the wrath of the Hyena firsthand, the gnome has is coming...

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

(02-02-2015, 12:21 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 05:40 PM)Edgar Wrote:

... Isn't this the same Lalafell who entered the Grindstone with a broken jaw and accompanying brace? Dodgy

[Image: 204589302_640.jpg]
"I COULD STILL HEAR, DERN IT."

Koporo confirmed for Applejack.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 02-04-2015

Banned from participating for ponies.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Parvacake - 02-04-2015

Definitely going to try participating this week Smile

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 08:23 AM)Lilithium Wrote: Definitely going to try participating this week Smile

And we will most certainly be there to host for you.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Parvacake - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 08:29 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 08:23 AM)Lilithium Wrote: Definitely going to try participating this week Smile

Lili might try dragging her fiance along for the ride! So that will be fun.

I won't make a new thread, but I will put us on the calendar officially. I've revised Sigyn's OP in there a little bit to reflect the revisions since this all started.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Cynel1 - 02-04-2015

im comming to the next one i had fun even if korpo held back wiht me.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Edgar - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 08:12 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Banned from participating for ponies.

Don't go there, Warren, please? I see enough of this on Youtube comments.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 08:34 AM)Lilithium Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 08:29 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:

Lili might try dragging her fiance along for the ride! So that will be fun.

... wh-what happens if they have to face each other in the squared circle? Should I prepare popcorn?

Also, I keep finding myself saying this but... barring surprise RP that keeps him away, Chachan will hopefully be attending the Grindstone this weekend. Maybe I can see about dragging Leanne and Virara along too. Get some real chaos going.