Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Oats McGoats - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 09:09 PM)Auriaune Fournier Wrote: Saturdays at 10est if I recall correctly. Not sure of Wednesdays now so anyone is welcomed to clarify!

Fun! I shall be there ^^

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Warren Castille - 01-21-2015

/em dons his Overseer armor

Ahem. The Grindstone does in fact still take place, and as long as people wish to fight, it shall always take place. It is currently a community-run event, and has been for some time now. It takes place at Fesca's Wash in Central Thanalan every Saturday night at 10PM EST. Folks usually shuffle in around 9:30 or so to hang out and RP prior to the festivities.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Gegenji - 01-21-2015

There's a thread for this? Huh.

But yeah, it's still going with Warren and a couple others as the unspoken heads of it. Had some surprisingly large turnouts the last couple times I swung by. Unfortunately, I missed the last two due to other RP obligations, so I can say little about their numbers.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Warren Castille - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 11:36 AM)Gegenji Wrote: There's a thread for this? Huh.

But yeah, it's still going with Warren and a couple others as the unspoken heads of it. Had some surprisingly large turnouts the last couple times I swung by. Unfortunately, I missed the last two due to other RP obligations, so I can say little about their numbers.

And I missed the one two weeks ago, but this weekend we had a respectable sixteen people or so. We kept having stragglers roll in, throw off our count by 1, and then someone else would join. It was the first time in ages the brackets broke down into formal 16:8:4:2:1 reductions; Normally we've got someone with 3 wins fighting someone with 2 or 4 or whatever.

I've been debating making a new thread, but part of me doesn't feel it would be right. It's not mine, but right now it's not being run by any FC or organization, just some vets (laugh, because I've only been doing it for a year or so and there are Those That Came Before) who don't want it to fade.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Gegenji - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 11:44 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I've been debating making a new thread, but part of me doesn't feel it would be right. It's not mine, but right now it's not being run by any FC or organization, just some vets (laugh, because I've only been doing it for a year or so and there are Those That Came Before) who don't want it to fade.

Well, the thread is already here, so it seems a bit wasteful...

Though, you wouldn't be able to make any changes to the OP to update with any new information. Hrm. Well, it seems to be working well enough on its own, so I'd say leave it be and only worry about making a new thread if/when the need calls for it.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Ha'uruh Nunh - 01-21-2015

Zenzi Vela is the official Grindstone-runner currently.  Feel free to shoot her a tell in-game for more infos.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Edgar - 01-21-2015

How come the title says Wed+Sat?

I thought you guys didn't do Wednesdays any more?

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Coatleque - 01-21-2015

Only the OP can change the thread title and first post.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Edgar - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 06:23 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Only the OP can change the thread title and first post.

Ah, makes sense.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Saturday 10 PM EST) - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 06:22 PM)Koporo Wrote: How come the title says Wed+Sat?

I thought you guys didn't do Wednesdays any more?

Because it's controlled by the original poster. We could edit the subject title in our own replies, but I don't think that would change the thread name.

edit: Oh, Crofte beat me to it.

Don't miss "The Grindstone II" - Saturdays at 10pm! (9 central) - Coatleque - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 06:24 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: We could edit the subject title in our own replies, but I don't think that would change the thread name.

If only *points @ this messages subject*

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Warren Castille - 01-25-2015

Another Saturday come and gone, another Grindstone champion.

Makyn Loneseeker won the whole show in his first time competing! He won the second-largest prize pot ever produced, and it was barely smaller than the biggest.

Every night is anyone's night!

[Image: JUEO94M.jpg]

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Warren Castille - 02-01-2015

Another night in the books. We had people lined up a full hour before we started, chomping at the bit to rip each other apart.

[Image: yj58Y7U.jpg]

Our final match ended up being the soft-spoken Karin L'estasi taking on the man everyone wanted to see lose and lose hard, Flynt "The Hyena" Reddard.

[Image: SROECGm.jpg]

Things don't always go how we want them, though, and the Most Despised Man at the Grindstone walked away with the purse and the title of Champion. We'll see who's able to knock him off next week -- If anyone can!

[Image: DqOFSJ7.jpg]

Edit: A couple of other shots taken during the event!
Folks lined up early
[Image: NRANKbu.png]

They're not sitting, they're exchanging ground and pound moves and both of them defending for what feels like ten turns.
[Image: GOrgJZO.png]

The line up
[Image: 0BzPNXz.png]

And a glorious shot of the line-up. My money's on that marmot, unless Verad shows up.
[Image: AMvEGRP.png]

Many thanks to everyone who came out and made the event what it is; That was probably our best "episode" of the Grindstone yet.

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Seye Qhesu - 02-01-2015

A lot of matches, a lot of blood! Us healers were running about as 'Medic' was called constantly!

Was fun and hope to see you all again next week!

RE: Grindstone Tournaments (Wed+Sat) - Kishi - 02-01-2015

It was quite the awesome show! I can't wait to see what will happen next week!