Hydaelyn Role-Players
Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) (/showthread.php?tid=4851)

Pages: 1 2 3

Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Michikyou - 09-30-2013

ROEGADYN
The Roegadyn are easily identified by their massive, muscular frames. They are descended from a maritime people that roamed the northern seas, though many of their ancestors turned their longships south to brave the crossing into Eorzean waters. Often considered a barbaric race, the fiercely competitive Roegadyn are also known for their compassion and unswerving loyalty. Many of the greatest warriors in history were born of Roegadyn stock.

Quote:Helpful Links:
Roegadyn Wiki page
Hellsguard Wiki
Seawolf Wiki

note: I had a few emails to make this thread, here we go.

Code:
[b][b]Character Name:[/b][/b]
[b][b]Hells/Sea?:[/b][/b]
[b][b]Gender:[/b][/b]
[b][b]Timezone:[/b][/b]
[b]Looking for?:[/b]
[b]Server:[/b]
Post a link to wiki if you have one beneath.

2. Does your character fit the 'common' lore of your Roegadyn or are they singular? (Eg. Raised by hyur so does not understand X or Y = singular)

3.  What are your Rp limits, if any? (Eg: no permadeath, no ERp etc)

The Sea Wolves
The Sea Wolves were once feared as brutal pirates of the north seas. Now, however, they are one of the principal races of Limsa Lominsa, most often seen employed as sailors or seamen. In keeping with the old ways, the Sea Wolves bear names taken from the ancient Roegadyn language

(Player Name / Gender / Time Zone )

Bhara Bremnwyb / Female / CST (Bal)
Luna Fairsilver / Female / CST (Gilg)
Farrisil Swyrfrutsyn / Male / BRT (Gilg)
Dennthota Ahtahrymwyn / Female / PST (Bal)
Swyrbhrat Syhrberksyn / male / EST (Bal)
Orn Bharroegan / Male / Oceanic (Bal)
Fystrael Abylstyrwyn / Female / EST (Bal)
Salty Lake / Female / PST (bal)
Tausenadel Geispyrsyn / Male / EST (Bal)
Thosinmoen Sylbtusyn / Male / EST (Bal)
Asgarn Wastbyrtsyn / Male / GMT+00 (London) (Bal)

The Hellsguard

The Hellsguard are a small clan of Roegadyn that have carved out a home in the north of Abalathia's Spine. It is clan tradition to enter the mercenary trade; thus the Hellsguard took to giving themselves easily remembered names made up of words in the common tongue. They are a common sight on the streets of Ul'dah, earning a living as sellswords or bodyguards and are also said to have mastered the magical arts.

(Player Name / Gender / Time Zone )

Obsidian Hornet / Female / GMT-7 (Bal)
Dennthota Ahtahrymwyn / Female / PST (Bal)
Siobhain Surtsthalwyn / Female / EST (Bal)
Lost River / Female / Est (Bal)
Velvet Patches / Female / MST (Bal)
Fleeting Dawn / Female / EST (Bal)
Size Queen / Female / EST+1 (Bal)
Striding Oak / Female / GMT -7 (Bal)
Flickering Ember/ Female / EST (Bal)
Nykkus Trachspyr / Female / Mountain (Bal)

[font=Arial]Update log:
Updated Char list (1/10/2013)

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Yloise - 09-30-2013

[[removed]]

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-30-2013

Hope I'm doing this right...

Character Name:Siobhain Surtsthalwyn aka 'Cold Flame'
Hells/Sea?: Hellsguard
Timezone: EST
Looking for?: Rivals/Friends/Allies/Enemies/Father/Mother/...Chil...dren...?
Server: Balmung

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Siobhain_Surtsthalwyn

2. Does your character fit the 'common' lore of your Roegadyn or are they singular? (Eg. Raised by hyur so does not understand X or Y = singular)

Yes, for the most part. Siobhain is a traditional Hellsguard whose maternal line still cherishes their familial naming conventions, much like Sea Wolves. She has a number of 'cultural' adherences and beliefs, though since there isn't anything to confirm them in the lore, I maintain that she has picked them up from her family and from what her mother has told her, so, they could very well have familial origins and not traditional origins.

For example, Siobhain refers to -all- Roegadyn regardless of clan as 'sister' or 'brother' and differentiates them by 'sea' or 'stone'. She also approaches relationships in a monogamous mindset-- but she adheres to giving her eldest male relative the right to fight her prospective mate. Likewise, she takes it upon herself to establish some form of dominance, or at least display her strength, amongst other female Roegadyn-- not to chase them away but to show where she stands in the local hierarchy. Finally, she will fight any and all suitors and often expects that other women will do the same regardless of their race as that rule, of all of them, seems to make the most logical sense.

3.  What are your Rp limits, if any? (Eg: no permadeath, no ERp etc)

I have no limits... Perma-death and ERP are a-okay with me. LIMIT BREAKER!

(Regina / Female / Eastern Standard Time)

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Lady Whiteraven - 09-30-2013

Character Name: Luna Fairsilver
Hells/Sea?: Sea Wolf
Timezone: CST
Looking for?: Friends/Enemies/Allies/
Server: Gilgamesh

Luna is a far cry from her warrior/raider family line. She is descended from a long line of pirates and northern raiders. The 7th Umbral Era has seen no shortage of pain and suffering. Luna's heart has softened greatly by the pain of Eorzea and she feels it is her duty to aleve the suffering of those she comes across. She has an extreme amount of patience and is very slow to anger. She is exceptionally social and pleasant which has led some of her friends to refer to her as a gentle giantess due to her great height. 

3.  What are your Rp limits, if any? (Eg: no permadeath, no ERp etc)

I'm pretty open on the rp with Luna and don't really have restriction. Although the concept of permadeath is a bit strong. She is a rather naive and has a deep desire to help, which has sometimes placed her in some interesting situations.

(Regina/ Female / Central Standard Time)

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Whittledown - 09-30-2013

Character Name: Obsidian Hornet
Timezone: GMT -7:00 (MST)
Looking for?: Anything/Everything

Obsidian Hornet fits pretty well into the lore.  Without going into too much detail she was raised in a pretty typical Roegadyn family. 

3.  What are your RP limits, if any? (Eg: no permadeath, no ERP etc)

Everything is negotiable.  Things like serious injury, permadeath, and incapacitation should be discussed prior to being RP'd.  I have no problems with ERP provided it's kept private.

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Chocobald - 09-30-2013

Character Name: Farrisil Swyrfrutsyn 
Timezone: BRT (About 3 extra hours in comparison to server time)[/b]
Looking for?: RP of any kind. I'm a bit lonely to tell the truth. But I'd prefer a mentor type for Farrisil, considering he is a youngster.
Server: Gilgamesh

I've tried my best to make him as close as possible to the lore, however I do not have much information for young Sea Wolves who just recently hit what would be the late "teens" of the race, I'd appreciate insight over the matter.

While I have nothing against those who enjoy permadeath or ERP if I can avoid it I would. I'd be willing anything otherwise.

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - LandStander - 10-01-2013

Character Name:Dennthota Ahtahrymwyn (sometimes she will go by Thunder if she doesn't trust the person)
Hells/Sea?: A little of this, a little of that
Timezone: PST
Looking for?: Anything. This is mostly for anyone who would like a role filled. Rivarly might be the easiest thing to fulfill due to her combatitive nature. 

Denn's mother was Sea Wolf, father was Hellsguard. She was mainly raised by her Hellsguard grandfather and partially by her Hellsguard father, her mother died at birth. Her grandfather named her and wanted her to keep the common tongue, not liking how some Hellsguard allowed the other races to dumb down their name into the common tongue.

Her grandfather and father were both sellswords and so were their parents, so she comes from a long proud family of sellswords. Despite this legacy she is suppose to uphold, she is mostly known for drinking, fighting, and passing out in odd places. 

I'm really open to anything, even permadeath. I would prefer if you gave me a heads up on death though as I would prefer to know ahead of time before it happened.

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Dubs - 10-01-2013

Character Name: Swyrbhrat Syhrberksyn aka Meat
Timezone:  EST
Looking for?: More Roe RP

Meat's wiki

Sure, former pirate turned entrepreneur with this butcher shop down the ramp from the Bismarck. Avid culinarian and information broker, he'll wine and dine anyone for the sake of a good tale and or offer RP missions for sub plots if not to get to know you better.

3. RP Limits:
Communication is vital for me.  We're adults and if you want to involve something drastic send me a tell, it's just common courtesy. I'm pretty open to a lot of ideas but godmoding, metagaming I don't tolerate.

EDIT: I have started an all Roegadyn RPer OOC  Linkshell called Broken Chairs (Name subject to change) on Balmung. Pst Swyrbhrat Syhrberksyn and or friend request for an invite

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Michikyou - 10-01-2013

Updated Chocobo

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Lost River - 10-01-2013

Character Name:Lost River
Hells/Sea?:Hellsguard
Timezone:EST
Looking for?:RP & Questing

80% Traditional. The only difference is that Lost River's father lost his life in Ul'dah due to gambling debts (she was young), her mother moved to Limsa Lominsa and remarried a Sea Wolf instead of another Hellsguard. Other than the usual spat, she had a pretty normal life. (up until she started adventuring anyway).

Honestly, I am fine for anything, except permadeath unless it has a valid reason. Lost River is a 1.0 character and I don't plan on losing all that experience as of yet, I love my shiny tattoo too!

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Wonloong - 10-01-2013

Name: Orn Bharroegan
Clan: Sea Wolf
Timezone: Oceanic
Looking for: More Roegadyn RP!

Does your character fit the 'common' lore of your Roegadyn or are they singular?

The Story Thus Far

'Tis said that a Sea Wolf isn't a Sea Wolf till he's served on a ship -- so sayeth those within Orn's familial circle. He once had a ship; the Eleven Sails, they called it; to which he proudly helmed, along with his five other crew -- a hodgepodge of a collection.

And with it, the crew shipped things far and wide across the eleven (supposedly) seas. They never questioned of its contents, only of its destination and the total fee tied to it. And they made quite a business thanks to that moral ambiguity. 

Then the Calamity came, and brought with it a wave of troubles. A wave that is still felt throughout this day. As commodities grew scarce and costly, having to tie their stomach just so that the crew could pay for the docking fees seemed unreasonable. With heavy hearts, they striped the ship, then sold its parts away.

As with the death of the ship and once-home, so too, came the death of the crew's spirits. They each went their own path since then, only to meet once a month to regale and sing and dance to their past lives.

A once-captain, free and careless; now anchored as a miner, depraved from the sea. Perhaps one day, he'll have the crew and a ship back. But till that day, he will have to content with digging holes for gil.

What are your RP limits, if any?

As with any stories, there must be a satisfying crescendo, and an equally satisfying ending. I'm open to any avenues.

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Oroban - 10-01-2013

Just wanted to point out that you put Sio in the Sea Wolves, but she's a Hellsguard.

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Michikyou - 10-01-2013

*goes to edit*

I shouldn't be doing this when half asleep.

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Dogberry - 10-01-2013

Character Name: Daghbheri Himalspyr, but goes by "Dogberry Himalspyr" for the sake of the rubes.

Timezone: EST

Looking for?: Nautical nonsense, piratical patronage, business contacts both legitimate and "legitimate" in nature, organized crime and anyone who knows something about magitek. Also, y'know, people. Dogberry's a people person.

Server:[ Balmung

They're pretty common to their type.

Not into ERP. Permadeath isn't really my thing unless you're going to help me level another character and get all my gear back.

RE: Roegadyn Directory (As requested) - Chocobald - 10-01-2013

Might as well post the other one, I'm having trouble deciding between the servers anyway:

Character Name: Still Mountain
Timezone: BRT (About 3 extra hours in comparison to server time)[/b]
Looking for?: RP of any kind.

Hellsguard mercenary. Can't get more 'common' than that, even if he has some twists to him.

While I have nothing against those who enjoy permadeath or ERP if I can avoid it I would. I'd be willing anything otherwise.