Hydaelyn Role-Players
Class versus Appearance - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Class versus Appearance (/showthread.php?tid=4492)

Class versus Appearance - Keru / E'ir - 09-12-2013

This topic is something I not only wanted to bring up but it is something I will be doing because I think it would be cool. 

So Keru is an Arcanist, but I myself get a bit tired of not only using the same outfit, but also robes for RP in general, I found myself not caring much for how boring mage gear is, whereas disciples of war get all these cool variations. I'm leveling up Gladiator and Lancer alongside the magic classes, reason for this is so that Keru can have more than just robes to wear, because it doesn't make much sense to just have one type of look at all times, while he won't wear heavy armor, it would be nice to have more than just mage robes and slacks. I want to know if I'm the only who has thought about using a different class specifically for the aesthetics.

Also I'm hoping that whenever they put in vanity slots that there is no restriction to the type of gear you can put in each slot.

RE: Class versus Appearance - Jove - 09-12-2013

Heh, I'm actually going to level up Gladiator just to have a sword on Logan's belt, I want his combat skills ambiguous and a sword is something most people would probably have on them in their travels. No special armour, or barely any at all, just a wanderer with an unremarkable sword.

Kind of like a younger (and less sweatier) Ser Jorah Mormont

(Pretend the horse is a Chocobo)

Ä°mage

RE: Class versus Appearance - Aysun - 09-13-2013

(09-12-2013, 03:00 PM)Keru Wrote: Also I'm hoping that whenever they put in vanity slots that there is no restriction to the type of gear you can put in each slot.
I'm pretty sure that they've already stated that the vanity slots will have to gear that is equippable by the class/job you are on.

As for mixing and matching.. I don't know. There's a line. If you're claiming to be an arcanist, but are strutting around in plate mail or AF from another job, then yea, there's something weird about that. But there's nothing wrong with wearing DoW 'casual clothes' even though you're a mage primarily, in my opinion.

RE: Class versus Appearance - Shae'ra - 09-13-2013

As long as the gear is taken into consideration with how it is roleplayed (least to a point) I see no reason you can't wear whatever you and or mix and match for roleplay. Heck, I do. Plate is heavier than robe wear, so I wouldn't be roleplaying doing cartwheels and backflips in it, but I don't see why an arcanist couldn't find himself some plate and squeeze his body into it. To not allow such things: logically that is like saying a swimmer couldn't put on football gear.

RE: Class versus Appearance - DAISHI - 09-13-2013

Just say you're training to defend yourself, problem solved.

RE: Class versus Appearance - LeCard - 09-13-2013

BLM does require ARC to be leveled with THM so it could be possible to carry over some THM/BLM skills to an ARC, and PLD uses CNJ, so a mage taking up some sort of Armour wouldn't be so far fetched. You still wouldn't be able to summon carby in said Armour, but you could use the cross class skills to sort of mimic skills while in Armour.