Hydaelyn Role-Players
Age guide - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Age guide (/showthread.php?tid=4475)

Pages: 1 2

Age guide - Azureus Scipio - 09-12-2013

I'mm slightly confused about deciding birth dates for characters because I could not get my head around the eras. How would one go about it?

RE: Age guide - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-12-2013

One thing you can doooo.... Is to pick a patron deity and choose your month based on them.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=454&highlight=ilm+fulm+ponz

About halfway down on the OP for this thread shows the months and the correlating deity.

Moons

1st Astral Moon : Halone (Ice)
1st Umbral Moon : Menphina (Ice)
2nd Astral Moon : Thaliak (Water)
2nd Umbral Moon : Nymeia (Water)
3rd Astral Moon : Llymlaen (Wind)
3rd Umbral Moon : Oschon (Wind)
4th Astral Moon : Byregot (Lightning)
4th Umbral Moon : Rhalgr (Lightning)
5th Astral Moon : Azeyma (Fire)
5th Umbral Moon : Nald'thal (Fire)
6th Astral Moon : Nophica (Earth)
6th Umbral Moon : Althyk (Earth)

And then I think you can just pick any day. Siobhain worships Azeyma and she was born during the 5th Astral Moon.

RE: Age guide - Azureus Scipio - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 01:31 AM)Siobhain Wrote: One thing you can doooo.... Is to pick a patron deity and choose your month based on them.

About halfway down on the OP for this thread shows the months and the correlating deity.

Moons

And then I think you can just pick any day. Siobhain worships Azeyma and she was born during the 5th Astral Moon.

so the sixth umbral moon would correspond to our December?

RE: Age guide - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 01:35 AM)WraithorBobby Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 01:31 AM)Siobhain Wrote: One thing you can doooo.... Is to pick a patron deity and choose your month based on them.

Moons

so the sixth umbral moon would correspond to our December?

I believe so.

RE: Age guide - Shae'ra - 09-12-2013

1st Astral Moon : Janurary
1st Umbral Moon : February
2nd Astral Moon : March
2nd Umbral Moon : April
3rd Astral Moon : May
3rd Umbral Moon : June
4th Astral Moon : July
4th Umbral Moon : August
5th Astral Moon : September
5th Umbral Moon : October
6th Astral Moon : November
6th Umbral Moon : December

When you make a character, down toward the bottom it will give you a day as well such as I picked the 24th Sun of the 2nd Umbral Moon which translated to our kind would be The 24th Day in April. (Careful of typos though, there is one in April -- they have two dates listed as 4/7, unless they fixed this. Warning is for if you haven't created your character yet. For purely IC: Ignore this PSA)

As for how you could do it:
♦ Sio has a great example with selecting a nameday revolving around your deity.
♦ Base it around what element (season-ish) you like. Right now, being fire, reminds me of summer and they are giving out swimsuits too, so I imagine it is warm in-game. Or SE is being sadistic - either or.
♦ Base it off your own birthday (what I did -- just cause)
♦ Base it off a significant date IRL
♦ Base it off an event/occurrence you want to happen to correspond with something in game. Example: Having it so the calamity occurred on your character's birthday and therefore now perhaps the character looks upon the day with disgust versus joy (character development potential)

RE: Age guide - synaesthetic - 09-12-2013

I used my own birthdate for my main, and random ones for my alts.

What I'd like to know is life expectancy for the races besides hyur.

RE: Age guide - Swift Nightclaw - 09-13-2013

(09-12-2013, 02:26 AM)synaesthetic Wrote: I used my own birthdate for my main, and random ones for my alts.

Life expectancy and cultural marks.

At what age do they reach maturity, culturally when do they marry (or miqo'te start to mate/breed), etc.

Friend of mine suggested his female Seeker be Swift's daughter (unbeknownst to him that he has one) but that raises questions in my mind for ages.

RE: Age guide - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-13-2013

(09-13-2013, 12:23 PM)Swift Nightclaw Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 02:26 AM)synaesthetic Wrote: I used my own birthdate for my main, and random ones for my alts.

Life expectancy and cultural marks.

At what age do they reach maturity, culturally when do they marry (or miqo'te start to mate/breed), etc.

Friend of mine suggested his female Seeker be Swift's daughter (unbeknownst to him that he has one) but that raises questions in my mind for ages.

I don't know if anyone knows exactly how long any of the races live. From what I've seen in other forums, Elezen and Lalafell live the longest.

Apparently Galka lived a long time in FFXI? So assumably Roegadyn still live a bit longer.

So far, from the theories I've seen it's:

Elezen
Lalafell
Roegadyn
Hyur
Miqo'te

In terms of age lengths but the only think I can assume really is that Hyur share our average lifespans.

I like to know when characters reach physical (not cultural) maturity and how long they live but I just haven't seen any definite spans.

RE: Age guide - Lost River - 09-13-2013

Galka would reincarnate as their means of reproduction, so they're technically immortal.

I'd say Roegadyn are nearly comparable to Hyur, Elezen could go the route of elves in other setting and live generally 100 - 1000+ years, Lalafell to me make me think they last a long to,

I just see Elezen having the longest life-span of them all.

RE: Age guide - BlessedSilence - 09-14-2013

What would make it that Miqo'te have shorter lifespans?  Just curious as I'm not sure if there is any definate charts around.

RE: Age guide - Roda - 09-14-2013

(09-14-2013, 04:51 PM)BlessedSilence Wrote: What would make it that Miqo'te have shorter lifespans?  Just curious as I'm not sure if there is any definate charts around.
Have you ever seen an elderly Miqo'te?
(Although, in all seriousness, I'm kind of wondering this too.)

RE: Age guide - Jove - 09-14-2013

Heh, I was actually wondering earlier if anyone else used their own birthday for their main.

But yes, with the information above, my birthday is 10th November, so in game I put the 10th Sun of the 6th Astral Moon for my nameday (Sun = Day, Moon = Month and nameday = birthday, pretty simple).

RE: Age guide - Darkfae - 09-14-2013

I've posted on the official Lore forum, asking for lifespans and age markers. We'll see if they reply at all. For now, we all just kinda wing it and hope we're close.

RE: Age guide - Zaiaku - 09-14-2013

(09-14-2013, 05:20 PM)Jove Wrote: Heh, I was actually wondering earlier if anyone else used their own birthday for their main.

But yes, with the information above, my birthday is 10th November, so in game I put the 10th Sun of the 6th Astral Moon for my nameday (Sun = Day, Moon = Month and nameday = birthday, pretty simple).
Lol I used my birthday

RE: Age guide - Roda - 09-14-2013

(09-14-2013, 08:05 PM)Zaiaku Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 05:20 PM)Jove Wrote: Heh, I was actually wondering earlier if anyone else used their own birthday for their main.

Lol I used my birthday
As did I.
21st Sun of the 3rd Umbral Moon
(6/20)
Fits well with my character anyway. :P