Hydaelyn Role-Players
Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) (/showthread.php?tid=4270)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Taeh Niumoenwyn - 09-04-2013

Posted from - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/81366-Regarding-Results-of-Maintenance-(Sep.-4)?p=1182870#post1182870

Quote:The following are the results of the maintenance that occurred on Sep. 4, 2013 from 0:00 to 9:10 (GMT).

-Alleviating Stress on Duty Finder Servers This maintenance has implemented countermeasures to alleviate the stress on servers. Previously, matching took place across all servers in the various region data centers, but following this maintenance, matching will now take place within the selected groups below.

*Japan Data Center
-Group 1
Aegis/Alexander/Atomos/Carbuncle/Chocobo/
Gungnir/Ifrit/Ixion/Ramuh/Ridill/Titan/
Typhon/Valefor

-Group 2
Anima/Bahamut/Durandal/Fenrir/Garuda/Hades/
Kujata/Mandragora/Masamune/Tiamat/Tonberry/
Ultima

*North American/European Data Centers
-Group 1
Adamantoise/Balmung/Cactuar/Diabolos/Exodus/
Goblin/Hyperion/Lamia/Malboro/Moogle/Odin/
Ragnarok/Siren

-Group 2
Behemoth/Cerberus/Coeurl/Excalibur/Faerie/
Gilgamesh/Leviathan/Midgardsormr/Phoenix/
Sargatanas/Shiva/Ultros

-Login Restrictions
In the time period just after maintenance has completed, we predict a rush of characters logging in simultaneously. In order to prevent any technical difficulties due to this login rush, we will be temporarily placing severe login restrictions. These login restrictions may occur frequently, lasting from a few minutes to ten minutes; however, restrictions will be lifted in a gradual manner as login status is carefully monitored. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Furthermore, as a result of the countermeasures taken to alleviate stress on the Duty Finder servers, we expect to be able to increase the number of players able to login simultaneously; however, if those login numbers still surpass the maximum number of possible logins in the various Worlds, please be aware that we will continue to implement login restrictions.

-Regarding Limits on New Character Creation As a result of this maintenance, it is now possible to accommodate an increased number of simultaneous logins in the various Worlds; therefore, we have now lifted the New Character Creation restrictions in the majority of Worlds in which restrictions were in effect. New players who are just starting a game or those who would simply like to create a new character can do so by finding a World which has had the restrictions lifted, and creating a character there.

Please note that there is a tendency for characters to become concentrated in certain Worlds, causing login numbers to jump up in those particular Worlds. In order to create a population balance between Worlds, we will continue to be implementing New Character Creation restrictions in overly congested Worlds.

We will monitor the situation, and in the event restrictions may be lifted, follow-up news posts will be posted. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and ask for your patience and understanding.

-Addition of New Worlds
With this maintenance, preparation for the addition of new Worlds has been completed.

Although it is possible to add several new Worlds due to load balancing on servers, an increased number of players able to login simultaneously to various Worlds, and New Character Creation being possible again on various Worlds as a result of this maintenance, we will only be adding a minimal number of Worlds at this time directly after maintenance.

At this time, the following new Worlds have been added.

*Japan Data Center
-Pandemonium

*North American/European data center
-Famfrit/Lich (Europe-recommended World)

Please note that, after a new World opens, we predict players will be concentrated in that specific World. In order to create a population balance, please be aware that we will be implementing New Character Creation restrictions or login restrictions in overly congested Worlds.

We will continue with the addition of new Worlds as we monitor the login situation and public opinion in real time, and updates of any new Worlds will be posted.

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-04-2013

Well, that's good to hear~ Does this mean we can buy the game again?

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Elisea Renyven - 09-04-2013

Still nothing but problems from what I've heard. I honestly don't know how many people are going to put up with this before cutting their losses. All you see is very angry people and the sad part is its a very good game... Beta phase 4 failed. All there is to it.

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Corelyn - 09-04-2013

We're looking, now, at the following:

All the servers are full again. Every single one.
Errors 2002, 3102, 90k (the random one, not just run-of-the-mill DCs), and 1017 are everywhere.
Latency issues, to the point of lagging out for a solid few minutes.

This... sadly, only fixed things for an hour at best. And then it all broke again.

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Taeh Niumoenwyn - 09-04-2013

I wonder how much has been caused by the mad rush to get back onto the servers (especially by all those AFK players) now that everything is 'fixed'.

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - lady2beetle - 09-04-2013

(09-04-2013, 10:50 AM)Elisea Renyven Wrote: Still nothing but problems from what I've heard. I honestly don't know how many people are going to put up with this before cutting their losses. All you see is very angry people and the sad part is its a very good game... Beta phase 4 failed. All there is to it.

This is still a far cry from a lot of bad MMO launches. And I know several people who have managed to get in and create characters, so this is a huge improvement over how things were a week ago.

I think the problem, here, is that the Titanic can't turn on a dime. Not that we are going to crash into an iceberg or anything, but getting the servers running flawlessly for millions of people isn't a problem that can magically be fixed overnight. And sorry if the titanic was a horrible metaphore, I had Amy Grant stuck in my head suddenly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fxOU9tBQT0

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Martiallais - 09-04-2013

I had a fairly smooth log in (on Balmung fyi). No tapping zero and waiting, it was one and done.

The only issue that hit me was some crazy graphical stuff, so I logged out and couldn't get back in (lobby error). Still, this is progress IMO and they did say that they would ease the server load upwards slowly.

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - erosskye - 09-04-2013

(09-04-2013, 10:58 AM)lady2beetle Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 10:50 AM)Elisea Renyven Wrote: Still nothing but problems from what I've heard. I honestly don't know how many people are going to put up with this before cutting their losses. All you see is very angry people and the sad part is its a very good game... Beta phase 4 failed. All there is to it.

This is still a far cry from a lot of bad MMO launches. And I know several people who have managed to get in and create characters, so this is a huge improvement over how things were a week ago.

I think the problem, here, is that the Titanic can't turn on a dime. Not that we are going to crash into an iceberg or anything, but getting the servers running flawlessly for millions of people isn't a problem that can magically be fixed overnight. And sorry if the titanic was a horrible metaphore, I had Amy Grant stuck in my head suddenly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fxOU9tBQT0
I have been in almost every beta since Ultima online. Xfire - eros156 for game check. Never has there been a game with no afk kick and smashed up servers a week after launch. Never could a game not be purchased a week after launch. Never could you not get into the game because your character has been stuck inside for three hours. I would love to know which game you were apart of that topped these issues. It had to be on a coma Dore 64 I'm sure.

But alas never has a game been so good and everyone wants to play. Which painfully is the major cause of all the problems.

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - shotgunbadger - 09-04-2013

So do people just not read the post or what.

Quote:In the time period just after maintenance has completed, we predict a rush of characters logging in simultaneously. In order to prevent any technical difficulties due to this login rush, we will be temporarily placing severe login restrictions. These login restrictions may occur frequently, lasting from a few minutes to ten minutes; however, restrictions will be lifted in a gradual manner as login status is carefully monitored. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Yea, the highly popular servers with 'severe restriction on logins' aren't super smooth and easy to log into when everyone is mashing log in at once. Maybe have a bit more than 2 hours worth of patience before declaring the game a failure?

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Bloodwillow - 09-04-2013

Having 3102 error for past hour and a half now.  /twiddled thumbs

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Kyatai - 09-04-2013

Yeah. Got booted from a cutscene and... 3102 "still logged in" for past hour now.
Sent in a ticket... but *drop in the ocean*
No chat support, so SOL.
FrustratedFrustratedFrustratedFrustratedFrustratedFrustrated

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Asyria - 09-04-2013

So they added a whopping 3 servers?
And they think it's going to be enough, even considering they had to suspend digital sales?
Even considering they'll be slowly letting people trickle in... once they resume digital sales, it's all going to hell for sure.
What are they thinking? o_O

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Salty Lake - 09-04-2013

(09-04-2013, 10:59 AM)Zarek Wrote: I had a fairly smooth log in (on Balmung fyi). No tapping zero and waiting, it was one and done.

The only issue that hit me was some crazy graphical stuff, so I logged out and couldn't get back in (lobby error). Still, this is progress IMO and they did say that they would ease the server load upwards slowly.

Was the screen flashing? I've gotten flashing screens a few times.

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - Corelyn - 09-04-2013

Yeah, I've been 3102'd for the past hour or so. =-/

RE: Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4) - lady2beetle - 09-04-2013

(09-04-2013, 11:24 AM)Asyria Wrote: So they added a whopping 3 servers?
And they think it's going to be enough, even considering they had to suspend digital sales?
Even considering they'll be slowly letting people trickle in... once they resume digital sales, it's all going to hell for sure.
What are they thinking? o_O

They are thinking that they don't want to add too many servers or they'll just be condensing them in a month. It's the game every new MMO has to play and few ever win at it. I think they are setting it up so that they can add a few at a time, so that all the servers are close to full. Hopefully when people leave after the first month, that will keep the servers from being empty.