Hydaelyn Role-Players
Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... (/showthread.php?tid=3994)

Pages: 1 2 3

Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - TheFightingCanadian - 08-25-2013

My wife and I were both able to create characters in Balmung just now. The characters are in our character select screen with the world name and everything..however every time we try to log in with them we get a "This world is full" and an error 1017 message. Not even a que. Are the servers down fully? Or so full the que's don't even work any more? I'm just wondering why we were able to create characters and select Balmung, but not actually play.

At least we are one step closer!!

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - Maqali Qulaan - 08-25-2013

Is this... FC... as in FC from the GAH? 'Cause this is Sam, and hi! Also on Balmung here Big Grin

Well, not right NOW since Balmung hates everything and everyone, but that's where S'janna lives when I can actually play her.

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - esperkitty - 08-25-2013

The world is up, people are camping ont he server so they don't lose their spot and keep playing (some are most likely laughing at the rest of us).  Queue's are disabled with a current hard population cap set rather low so the servers don't crash (based off of what I've been reading).

So, yeah.  Welcome to 1017.

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - Naleia - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 09:29 PM)TheFightingCanadian Wrote: My wife and I were both able to create characters in Balmung just now. The characters are in our character select screen with the world name and everything..however every time we try to log in with them we get a "This world is full" and an error 1017 message. Not even a que. Are the servers down fully? Or so full the que's don't even work any more? I'm just wondering why we were able to create characters and select Balmung, but not actually play.

At least we are one step closer!!

Hi!
The servers are online, they just have a login limitation and so only a certain amount of people are allowed in right now. At least, thats what I think is going on..The news on the FFXIV launcher explains in more detail! Moogle

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - TheFightingCanadian - 08-25-2013

Why yes...yes this is "FC" from the GAH! Whas it the name or my avatar that gave it away? Misty "Madam Canada" is squeeling "Ooh My gosh! SAAAAM!!!" in the back ground.

Great to finally be in the server. Hopefully things get worked out over the evening. Can't wait to play with you again Sam! Misty and I will be there for sure.

And hello to everyone else!!

Is this... FC... as in FC from the GAH? 'Cause this is Sam, and hi! Also on Balmung here [Image: biggrin.gif]

Well, not right NOW since Balmung hates everything and everyone, but that's where S'janna lives when I can actually play her.

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - Waffle Slayer - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 09:37 PM)TheFightingCanadian Wrote: Why yes...yes this is "FC" from the GAH! Whas it the name or my avatar that gave it away? Misty "Madam Canada" is squeeling "Ooh My gosh! SAAAAM!!!" in the back ground.

Great to finally be in the server. Hopefully things get worked out over the evening. Can't wait to play with you again Sam! Misty and I will be there for sure.

Hah, nice to see a fellow Virtue player on these forums. Not sure I ever got a chance to RP with you but I knew a whole host of players in the GAH and was one of the officers in a coalition supergroup.

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - TheFightingCanadian - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 10:04 PM)Waffle Slayer Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 09:37 PM)TheFightingCanadian Wrote: Why yes...yes this is "FC" from the GAH! Whas it the name or my avatar that gave it away? Misty "Madam Canada" is squeeling "Ooh My gosh! SAAAAM!!!" in the back ground.

Hah, nice to see a fellow Virtue player on these forums. Not sure I ever got a chance to RP with you but I knew a whole host of players in the GAH and was one of the officers in a coalition supergroup.

Nice to see a fellow COH player in general!! Still can't get into ANY server...gotta love 1017.

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - esperkitty - 08-25-2013

They're taking the server down in an hour for more maintenance, so just keep the faith.  Big Grin

(08-25-2013, 11:06 PM)TheFightingCanadian Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 10:04 PM)Waffle Slayer Wrote:

Nice to see a fellow COH player in general!! Still can't get into ANY server...gotta love 1017.
I agree! It's definitely awesome to see more Virtueites around! I was @Samantha Westing over in CoH, known mostly as Lux Aeternum or 'hey you bring back those cookies!' And yeah, FC, it was the name of course, but you know, sometimes you get the substandard knock-offs running around, so had to be sure Smile. Hi Misty! I've missed you guys! And, uh, to stay in the topic's, you know, topic, and not get into a Virtue reunion party, I really hope this maintenance fixes the fix that was supposed to fix the broken fix's fix. Or something. *hugs FC, Misty, and Waffles* Smile

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - Draheim - 08-25-2013

Woah. Woah woah woah. Virtue people? HERE?! Well damn! I know I saw Lux around a few times, and certainly FC. I played a few characters....Aresius, Jungle Stryker, Sabaton and Dynamic Rhythm. There was one other, but for the life of me....I can't remember my own freaking characters name! ACK!

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - Asyria - 08-25-2013

Where else would Virtue people be? ^^;
Though I'm sad to say I didn't play much... but I did play a bit. And I'm also Canadian.
My issue however is different from the 1017... it's more along the lines of... I-was-absolutely-sure-I-was-Legacy-due-to-loads-of-misinformations-and-am-not-so-I-got-all-frikkin-excited-for-nothing-and-can't-play-yet-twelvesdammit.

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - Waffle Slayer - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 11:47 PM)Asyria Wrote: Where else would Virtue people be? ^^;
Though I'm sad to say I didn't play much... but I did play a bit. And I'm also Canadian.
My issue however is different from the 1017... it's more along the lines of... I-was-absolutely-sure-I-was-Legacy-due-to-loads-of-misinformations-and-am-not-so-I-got-all-frikkin-excited-for-nothing-and-can't-play-yet-twelvesdammit.

Yeah, I had the same issue but I managed to luck out and one of the forum goers here had a pre-order code they gave me. Oh, and don't worry, you're not missing too much with all the maintenance and server issues.

I really hope this latest bout will fix the issues. Not being able to play is killing my weekend off and one of my friends who pre-ordered is on the verge of just giving up on the game already.

Yay, another Virtueite! Woo! And yeah, the server issues are very, very annoying. Especially since (for me at least) I haven't been this stoked about a new character idea in a long while, so it's really got my creativity going... and now the outlet is closed off and it makes me sad. And after all the hoops I had to jump through just to get registered and everything else... yeah, annoyed. But having more RPers and more Virtue RPers makes me happy, so it balances out and stuff. So far Tongue

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - Asyria - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 11:52 PM)Waffle Slayer Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 11:47 PM)Asyria Wrote: Where else would Virtue people be? ^^;

Yeah, I had the same issue but I managed to luck out and one of the forum goers here had a pre-order code they gave me. Oh, and don't worry, you're not missing too much with all the maintenance and server issues.

I really hope this latest bout will fix the issues. Not being able to play is killing my weekend off and one of my friends who pre-ordered is on the verge of just giving up on the game already.

That's not cool!
At least I got to have a day at the beach yesterday, but I was really hoping to get into early access and had some plans for it, too.

Bleh!

Tell your friends they should at least play their free time from getting the game though, otherwise it's like throwing money out the windows (in which case they might as well just give it to you ^^).

RE: Lovely 1017. In Balmung...but... - esperkitty - 08-26-2013

Old Virtue player here!!  :D