Hydaelyn Role-Players
Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Error 3 Redeeming Issue (/showthread.php?tid=3794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Chris - 08-21-2013

So, I've done what the post said on the front page and I keep trying to redeem the code but I've tried well over twenty times with no luck. Does anyone know a workaround?

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Judeau - 08-21-2013

Same boat as you! Basically tried over twenty times earlier with no luck. I'm going to try again tomorrow or whenever SE announces this problem fixed.

Here's what they said on twitter: https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/370043930458324992

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Chris - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 05:42 AM)Judeau Wrote: Same boat as you! Basically tried over twenty times earlier with no luck. I'm going to try again tomorrow or whenever SE announces this problem fixed.

Here's what they said on twitter: https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/370043930458324992
I really hope they fix this issue soon...I want to be on, on the 24th! Tongue

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - shotgunbadger - 08-21-2013

Yea I've been hammering the confirm button for a good bit and nothing, I don't think the 'just keep pressing it' solution is any good. Hopefully they'll get this sorted soon.

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Kylin - 08-21-2013

Don't spam it, you're just causing more server issues that way Laugh

Also, SE disabled registration temporarily as per their twitter account update. So you won't get through right now no matter what.

Quote:We have temporarily suspended the ability to redeem codes on the pre-order site while we continue to investigate the ongoing issues.

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Chris - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 10:02 AM)Kylin Wrote: Don't spam it, you're just causing more server issues that way Laugh

Also, SE disabled registration temporarily as per their twitter account update. So you won't get through right now no matter what.

Quote:We have temporarily suspended the ability to redeem codes on the pre-order site while we continue to investigate the ongoing issues.
Ah alright, thanks for the heads up man!

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Myavar - 08-21-2013

I went to their Support area and sent in a ticket with my code/website used and less than two hours later I got an email saying my pre-order code was registered with my early access code at the bottom.

I have no idea if the two are related, 'cause I was still getting issues on the registration website, but I figured sending in a ticket couldn't hurt. They'd either answer it quickly, or not see it until after EA started.

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Teardrop - 08-21-2013

Quote:Pre-order code redemption website experiencing heavy traffic

We sincerely apologise but the pre-order redemption site is experiencing very high traffic which we are currently working to resolve. We are adding additional bandwidth and server capacity to ensure that all customers will be able to redeem their pre-order codes as soon as possible. Early Access starts on August 24th and Square Enix is working hard to ensure that all pre-order customers will be able to download and play the game.

We are aware of customers receiving the error "Error 3: There was problem. Please try again later." when trying to redeem their Pre-Order code, which is a result of the congestion problems.

Please check back later in the day, when we hope the traffic issues will have alleviated, in order to try and redeem your pre-order code.

Found on the SE support site.

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Vix - 08-21-2013

Might want to be careful redeeming your code until Square gives the 'official' ok.

People in NA (like myself) kept getting error 3, but then woke up to find a 'confirmation' code in their email.

Problem is, this confirmation code is for EU (Starts with RAAE), not NA, thus rendering it invalid. Apparently Square is aware, but no fix has been offered yet.

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - House Sardel - 08-21-2013

I am right there with all of you. I continuously got the Error 3 code to the point I have chosen to just wait a couple of days to try again. That being said, oddly, my account is showing that I registered the game but I have not received an email with the early access code. Dodgy

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - EveyVorai - 08-21-2013

I saw this thread pop up so I went to go try my code. Error 3 as well.   I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon. At least they are aware of it.

Also... who else is excited about that endearing moogle hat?

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Crow Bookkeep - 08-21-2013

I would just wait personally, until they say it is functional again. I however got it to register about an hour ago first try. I put the code in, got error 3, clicked refresh while it said error 3, went from the refreshed screen to my profile and it said FFXIV: ARR was registered. However i have not received my 20 code after that and even if I do it has a chance of being the EU one which would be useless anyways. So I would just wait personally but since it went through I really have no choice anymore even if I do end up with an EU one (if any at all gets sent.. still waiting.)

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Colyer - 08-21-2013

So, the code that was sent with the receipt is not the pre-order code? 

Just trying to get this straight... the XXXXXX-xxx-XXXXXX-xxx code is just to register the game and there is another code being sent out to access early access?

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Firae - 08-21-2013

so i registered my code and got a EU one yesterday....my question is how and why? well least they are fixing it though what course of action should i take now that i have this issue?

RE: Error 3 Redeeming Issue - Falkner - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 11:42 AM)Colyer Wrote: So, the code that was sent with the receipt is not the pre-order code? 

Just trying to get this straight... the XXXXXX-xxx-XXXXXX-xxx code is just to register the game and there is another code being sent out to access early access?

Yep, you got it right, sir! Thumbsup
The 18 digits code are not your early access code, it is used to generate 20 digits code which is your true pre order code.

Many NA people are having problem right now because their generated 20 digits code are of EU region which is not compatible with NA account. I am too having this problem right now.
Square Enix already acknowledged the problem though, readable at their official FFXIV twitter @FF_XIV_EN.