Hydaelyn Role-Players
Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! (/showthread.php?tid=3538)

Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - Desmond Aryll - 08-13-2013

I just got my Phase 4 beta code email (on PS3). It came in about 2 hours ago (pacific time).

Go check your e-mails!!  Big Grin

EDIT: I have begun downloading the client and I can confirm it's an EU code. Still no NA code...

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - sanguineFenrir - 08-13-2013

Are you in the EU? I received a PS3 code on the email that I accidentally used to sign up for a EU SE account today, and I can't use the EU code with my NA account. There is a post on the beta forums stating that NA applicants will receive their PS3 codes "within the next 24 hours" though.

Still checking emails like a madman.

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - Selsix - 08-13-2013

Sadly I didn't hop on the FFXIV train until registration had closed.

So help me if I can't get into the open beta... I'll... I'LL... I'LL...! ...Cry. Cry

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - Nox - 08-13-2013

I still haven't gotten my ps3 beta code. Just kinda spamming the refresh button.

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - Desmond Aryll - 08-14-2013

I originally signed up for the beta (on PS3) who knows how long ago, and when I got my code for phase 3 I tried to input it using my NA account. I got an "invalid code" notice. I did a little research and it turned out that it was an EU code. So I made an EU account. It's not hard at all. A little googling of British postal codes and I was good to go.

After receiving the email for phase 4 today, I logged into my EU PS account and instantly got through. Should've mentioned that but I was excited. Blush

I'll edit the OP to clarify.

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - sanguineFenrir - 08-14-2013

I actually have an EU SE account and could get an EU PSN, but the only reason I don't is to avoid potential issues with billing come actual service (cards, currency, improper contact info in another country.) I'm almost desperate enough to do it just to play the beta and then delete the character so that I may remake it on my official US account, but... Hopefully the US code should be coming soon.

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - Desmond Aryll - 08-14-2013

@Sanguine,  Great point. I might do the same.

Only I figured I would pay for play time via SE directly. I didn't need any address type stuff when I created the EU account. Kind of sidestep PSN in that regard. I guess I'll find out.

Edit: Download complete. Now to stare at the maintenance screen for two more days...

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - sanguineFenrir - 08-14-2013

PSN shouldn't be an issue, but apparently, all of the following need to have the same region when it comes to FFXIV service:

Your beta code (possibly also your game disk/client serial code, which is another reason to have everything be NA, since they probably don't sell physical EU copies in America)

Your SE account region, which can't be changed, and

Your PSN region per individual account, which also can't be changed.

I'm not sure if an EU account would accept US credit/debit.

I'd hate to buy the US client and have it not work on my EU SE account, so it would be best to get everything sorted out now before phase 4 or the downloads begin. If you need a new SE account and you don't have a NA one that was in phase 3, you lose out on a day of beta--but it's relatively insignificant in the long run.

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - LiadansWhisper - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 12:50 AM)sanguineFenrir Wrote: PSN shouldn't be an issue, but apparently, all of the following need to have the same region when it comes to FFXIV service:

Your beta code (possibly also your game disk/client serial code, which is another reason to have everything be NA, since they probably don't sell physical EU copies in America)

Your SE account region, which can't be changed, and

Your PSN region per individual account, which also can't be changed.

I'm not sure if an EU account would accept US credit/debit.

I'd hate to buy the US client and have it not work on my EU SE account, so it would be best to get everything sorted out now before phase 4 or the downloads begin. If you need a new SE account and you don't have a NA one that was in phase 3, you lose out on a day of beta--but it's relatively insignificant in the long run.

I'm actually worried about this.  I didn't really understand how the registration process worked when I got into the beta, and I set up my account at the SE clearinghouse site (where you do the actual paying of the account, etc) as an EU account.  Now I can't change my region.  I've put in a support ticket, but heard nothing back.  So I guess tomorrow, in between raid tests in WoW's PTR, I'll be calling them.  :-\

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - S'demyx Tia - 08-14-2013

I...

I got my code like..

3 weeks ago...

wut

Edit: I just realized you guys are talkin' about the PS3.

Excuse me while.. I uh.. yeah.. Cactuar

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - Silverlight - 08-14-2013

I didn't get for ps3 but got for pc, though email did make me laugh.

"The final beta test will kick off on Monday 16 August 2013 at 9:00 GMT and last until Friday 19 August 2013 at 9:00 GMT." got there Mondays and Fridays wrong way round XD

I play p3 on my ps3, but some reason can't hold single even with hub right above it.

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - D R E N - 08-14-2013

I haven't received one yet. Should I be worried?

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - Laxsy - 08-14-2013

Check your emails, I just got my NA code.

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - Kossori - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 10:39 AM)Yaein Mayweather Wrote: I haven't received one yet. Should I be worried?

I saw you in beta 3 Yaein. You should be fine. This is for the people who haven't gotten beta invites in the past, I believe.

At least if you're a PC player. You might be looking for a code if you play on the PS3.

RE: Just Received my Phase 4 Beta Code Email! - Lren - 08-14-2013

Just got my PS3 code about ten minutes ago! 6641MB download size for the OB client.