Hydaelyn Role-Players
Felix's story, tell me what you think! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Felix's story, tell me what you think! (/showthread.php?tid=3501)

Felix's story, tell me what you think! - Felix Sideris - 08-12-2013

I'm not the best writer... For some reason I can role play fairly well but when it comes to writing long stories or histories I crumble. I usually have trouble with wording it so it sounds fancy/attractive to the reader and making sure it flows in an interesting way.

So despite how bad this is, I'm a good role player I swear Blush

Let me know what you all think, I want to improve my writing and such so that requires critics!

Also, the style that I wrote this in is a dream. So I purposely tried to make it a broken/fragmented history of him. I -want- to keep parts of him a secret and parts of his past hidden, even OOCly.

Edit: Went through and put a more revised version of the story in!

Show Content

RE: Felix's story, tell me what you think! - Felix Sideris - 08-12-2013

I'm not sure if I should be surprised or sad that no one has replied yet >_>

RE: Felix's story, tell me what you think! - Regulus Heartnet - 08-12-2013

hey thats real good its got nice hook to it makes me want to know moreCool

RE: Felix's story, tell me what you think! - Felix Sideris - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 07:48 PM)Rush Wrote: hey thats real good its got nice hook to it makes me want to know moreCool
Yay Big Grin

Still need to do some editing, but at least I know I'm going some what in the right direction

RE: Felix's story, tell me what you think! - Murlona - 08-14-2013

I enjoyed it and was asking myself a couple times "Oh what happened? What happened next?" which I think is part of the mystery you wanted, eh?

Your writing is a little choppy sometimes but I think it adds more to an emotional POV feel than to a story feel.

Speaking of which.. Felix has great chops.

RE: Felix's story, tell me what you think! - Felix Sideris - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 01:41 AM)Murlona Wrote: I enjoyed it and was asking myself a couple times "Oh what happened? What happened next?" which I think is part of the mystery you wanted, eh?

Your writing is a little choppy sometimes but I think it adds more to an emotional POV feel than to a story feel.

Speaking of which.. Felix has great chops.
xD Thanks.

I -kinda- wrote it to be choppy because, well.. When you dream, you dream in segments usually, you know?

Like, when you wake up you wonder how you got where you were in your dream. There is a lot of missing pieces.

As I said, I'm not good at writing longer stories and making them flow nicely. Shorter it is the better quality for me usually. So I am sure that is part of it, too.

RE: Felix's story, tell me what you think! - Kyatai - 08-14-2013

I think you're off to a great start, Felix. Smile keep it coming!

RE: Felix's story, tell me what you think! - Felix Sideris - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 10:41 AM)Kyatai Wrote: I think you're off to a great start, Felix. Smile keep it coming!

Thanks Smile