Hydaelyn Role-Players
A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up (/showthread.php?tid=3483)

Pages: 1 2

A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - sanguineFenrir - 08-11-2013

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/537

I'd post it in Headlines myself, but the text comes up with a black background whenever I try to paste from that site. It's a post showing a few pictures of the WHM exclusive Unicorn.

The Lalafell version is rather tiny...

Show Content

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Domri Blackblade - 08-11-2013

Lalafells get a unipony.

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Dubs - 08-11-2013

In reference to the lallafel unicorn.
[youtube]SNLJDR-XbVY[/youtube]

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Kellen whitewolf - 08-11-2013

that Roe looks funny sitting on that unicorn i bet the unicorn is saying oh my back my back get off get off pleaseeeeee lol

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Annaveil - 08-11-2013

Awww yea.

Never been happier to be a White Mage. \o/

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Ildur - 08-11-2013

What I'm disliking about the unicorn is that some races females sit side-saddle. It looks nice and all, but it doesn't make much practical sense.

Just a small complain. Because I like to complain!

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - AetherBaby - 08-11-2013

aww so cute Moogle

does anybody know if they are going to be quest rewards or achievements or something? How are we going to be able to get them? I want one!  Cactuar

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Ashren Dotharl - 08-11-2013

I'm kind of curious if they'll give something cool to the other classes as well, either a mount or something else that would be equally cool to show off. It'd be kind of cool if the Thaumaturge got a Nightmare or a skeletal horse. Dragoon could get a Wyvern Minion.

(08-11-2013, 11:40 PM)AetherBaby Wrote: aww so cute Moogle

does anybody know if they are going to be quest rewards or achievements or something? How are we going to be able to get them? I want one!  Cactuar
Supposedly it's a reward from the White Mage questline. That's information that is going around on Reddit and the Beta Forums anyways.

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - AetherBaby - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 11:40 PM)Ashren Snow Wrote: I'm kind of curious if they'll give something cool to the other classes as well, either a mount or something else that would be equally cool to show off. It'd be kind of cool if the Thaumaturge got a Nightmare or a skeletal horse. Dragoon could get a Wyvern Minion.

(08-11-2013, 11:40 PM)AetherBaby Wrote: aww so cute Moogle

does anybody know if they are going to be quest rewards or achievements or something? How are we going to be able to get them? I want one!  Cactuar
Supposedly it's a reward from the White Mage questline. That's information that is going around on Reddit and the Beta Forums anyways.
yay! I really hope it's true cause i'm going white mage for my main so that works out perfectly! Moogle
*squee!!*

thank you for the info ^.^

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Fiona Swift - 08-11-2013

All I have to say.. Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_hb969J2Js

Bouncy *wants a unicorn mount!...... with a huge gun and plasma sword*

edit:
ehh My Little Pony might be too much for some to handle. A new champion arises...

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - shotgunbadger - 08-11-2013

So how does class mounts work in a game like this, can you only use it if White Mage is your active job after it's unlocked?

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Ashren Dotharl - 08-12-2013

(08-11-2013, 11:59 PM)shotgunbadger Wrote: So how does class mounts work in a game like this, can you only use it if White Mage is your active job after it's unlocked?
It's not actually a class mount, it's just only obtainable by a specific class. Once you have it, it works like any other mount in the game.

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - shotgunbadger - 08-12-2013

That's good to know, I don't play healer often but I may level a WM just to get a sweet ass unicorn.

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Ashren Dotharl - 08-12-2013

I have to wonder if the Unicorn mount isn't an incentive to try and get more people to play Healers. It would make sense really, though I hope they don't leave the other Jobs feeling kind of shafted in the process. It will end up creating the same kind of bitterness that people felt about the Warlock and Paladin mounts in WoW, even though in this case the mount isn't exclusive.

RE: A new Dev Blog about the Unicorn Mount is up - Naunet - 08-12-2013

(08-11-2013, 11:36 PM)Ildur Wrote: What I'm disliking about the unicorn is that some races females sit side-saddle.

Yea, same here. x.x So tired of side-saddle from TERA. It looks absolutely ridiculous when your mount is running, not to mention it's only ever for the ladies, even though guys wear robes too... hngh. *grumbles*