Hydaelyn Role-Players
/roll Question - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: /roll Question (/showthread.php?tid=3424)

/roll Question - Fox - 08-09-2013

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if the game has a /roll function. If so, does it allow /roll20, /roll100 etc. 

It was something I had forgotten to check while I was in Phase 3 BETA. I have been in games where it has not been implemented. I tend to like using a roll system for various things including roleplay combat and other things. 

Mind you I am a heavy freeform rper when it comes down to it though /rolls generally have helped in various situations in the last MMO I had been in when it came to roleplay. 

If not, then well- no rolls for me. Big Grin

(I do apologize if this is a silly question.)

RE: /roll Question - Sounsyy - 08-09-2013

This is actually a really good question.

I remember in 1.x that there was a /random feature. Even /random 1000. Default /random was out of 100. However, I seem to remember they took it out of the game. I don't know if this was for beta only or if it was is out of the game entirely due to not really needing /random anymore to determine loot drops.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. =/ Best I can say is we'll have to try and see in P4.

RE: /roll Question - Fox - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 11:42 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: This is actually a really good question.

I remember in 1.x that there was a /random feature. Even /random 1000. Default /random was out of 100. However, I seem to remember they took it out of the game. I don't know if this was for beta only or if it was is out of the game entirely due to not really needing /random anymore to determine loot drops.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. =/ Best I can say is we'll have to try and see in P4.

Huh... If they don't have it I hope they do put a dice roll system into the game. I use it on occasion with rp; but I know there are some people who are very heavily table-top players who do like to use the mechanic even more than I do- who would like the function I'm sure. 

It is okay, you did your best. I heard about the /random briefly but nothing too substantial. Thank you though!

RE: /roll Question - FreelanceWizard - 08-09-2013

In P3, there was no such feature. A few feedback threads were opened on it.

I do hope they bring it back, though. It's quite handy for conflict resolution.

RE: /roll Question - Ildur - 08-09-2013

I hope they add this. I will be severely dissapointed if they don't, because a Random Number Generator is the easiest thing to program ever.

RE: /roll Question - Naunet - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 03:09 PM)Ildur Wrote: I hope they add this. I will be severely dissapointed if they don't, because a Random Number Generator is the easiest thing to program ever.

Pretty much, yeah. It's also useful for loot distribution, in addition to roleplay.

RE: /roll Question - Lren - 08-09-2013

Certainly hope it will be added in some form >>;; It helps make RP fights fair, when dealing with total strangers.

RE: /roll Question - Fox - 08-09-2013

I hope so too. :< I guess... We'll see then.

RE: /roll Question - Dubs - 08-09-2013

Hard to play RP dice gaming / gamble without it.

RE: /roll Question - Fox - 08-10-2013

Yeah, seriously. :< I hope we get it.