Hydaelyn Role-Players
PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) (/showthread.php?tid=3097)

PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Niteshade_Rune - 07-25-2013

I was running a solid gpu before hand, even scored High on the exploration benchmark at around 4757

My new 7970 GHz arrived today, while i cant really judge the true performance difference based off the benchmark and that it moved the score up to 6348 - Very High,
I'm even more excited for ARR now, cant wait to step into that gorgeous world again.

THis has just been a random post due to the joy of a new toy and further excitement for the game launch drawing closer slowly. Moogle

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - doctorgalactic - 07-25-2013

That's awesome, nothing like new hardware!  I'd love to eventually build a new rig, but my ASUS G50VT laptop is doing ok in the meantime.

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Desmond Aryll - 07-25-2013

Be sure and take some screenshots in phase 4 to capture all that gloriously glory! Tongue

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Niteshade_Rune - 07-25-2013

(07-25-2013, 06:26 PM)Desmond Aryll Wrote: Be sure and take some screenshots in phase 4 to capture all that gloriously glory! Tongue

In phase 4? pff u kidding, I'll be taking screen shots from Phase 4 well on into and past launch lol. I am sad i may have lost my 1.0 screenshots, had a few decent views. But U can bet I'll be taking fresh ones to commemorate my return AND the new gpu lol

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Aduu Avagnar - 07-26-2013

I still need to run the benchmark, but I run pretty seamlessly on my gtx660 XD

my cousin scored highly whilst running EvE, and WoW in the background.

(I wants his build)

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Niteshade_Rune - 08-01-2013

Huzzah, i guess they've optimized the client and benchmark software quite a bit. I just ran the new basic benchmark included in the character creation stuff and just hit maximum for settings and my score blew my old one away lol

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Myxie Tryxle - 08-03-2013

Running the benchmark on my desktop caused it to crash every time. After a little investigation and downloading some monitoring software I found my CPU was idling at 80 degrees Celsius on the Windows desktop with no programs running.

So yay!! New hardware for me too. (It's not as exciting when it's a heatsink and fans though.)

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Niteshade_Rune - 08-09-2013

(08-03-2013, 05:24 AM)Myxie Tryxle Wrote: Running the benchmark on my desktop caused it to crash every time. After a little investigation and downloading some monitoring software I found my CPU was idling at 80 degrees Celsius on the Windows desktop with no programs running.

So yay!! New hardware for me too. (It's not as exciting when it's a heatsink and fans though.)

But its exciting in that it means ull get to play the gorgeous FFXIV ^_^

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Isilme - 08-09-2013

My old rig Green Goblin was able to handle the Benchmark pretty easily, though nothing spectacular. He chugged a bit on 'High Desktop' settings, though. I never really tried Maximum.
Then, I decided to just bite the bullet. I scraped together some money, and had a more suitable machine constructed for me. Then we set it up and ran the benchmark again, at max settings, and well...

[Image: Benchmarkscore.jpg]

We've decided to name this rig "Beast" ^^

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Aysun - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 05:27 PM)Isilme Wrote: My old rig Green Goblin was able to handle the Benchmark pretty easily, though nothing spectacular. He chugged a bit on 'High Desktop' settings, though. I never really tried Maximum.
Then, I decided to just bite the bullet. I scraped together some money, and had a more suitable machine constructed for me. Then we set it up and ran the benchmark again, at max settings, and well...

..Did you happen to forget to un-minimize the client? xDD

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Colyer - 08-09-2013

Yeah, I have a new GPU coming this monday and I can't wait to get it in and see how it handles the benchmark.

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - LandStander - 08-09-2013

Welcome to the 7970 club! I present you the honorary dance of our people as we adopt you as a full member of our society. Enjoy gaming on Maximum now!
CactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj936wNHefE
CactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuar

RE: PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed) - Isilme - 08-10-2013

(08-09-2013, 05:34 PM)Aysun Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 05:27 PM)Isilme Wrote: My old rig Green Goblin was able to handle the Benchmark pretty easily, though nothing spectacular. He chugged a bit on 'High Desktop' settings, though. I never really tried Maximum.

..Did you happen to forget to un-minimize the client? xDD

If you mean my screen size, no... I just have a really pathetic monitor. It's the next purchase on the list.