Hydaelyn Role-Players
Drake is Ugly - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Drake is Ugly (/showthread.php?tid=3045)

Drake is Ugly - PaperLife - 07-23-2013

Cool
lol jk jk but I should prolly make one of these Idea

Hey everybody, it's good to meet you! Well, we're not really meeting meeting I guess. But it's good to have you reading the words i've typed! ^.^ I'm Edmont, er..well, for my purposes here i'm edmont. But edmont's not my RL name obvi Tongue but that would be pretty kewl if it were huh.. but idk tho, the easiest and therefore probably most used nickname i'd get out of edmont would be ed or eddy. which i really wouldn't like... so nvm! i'll take my RL name for RL. But IG i think edmont is really good! Big Grin Big Grin

But otherwise, I guess i'm here writing this because i haven't said hi to anyone yet. I feel really lost cos there's tons of people here already and evrything and i have like, zero xp with FF RP. :/ I didn't even get to play 1.0 but luckily i get to have a legacy character cos my brother doesn't want to play ARR so i'm taking his acct. ^_^

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to find a mentor? I don't have any idea who to ask on here. I saw a thread listing people i think, but i feel soooo weird doing that lol Tongue I have no idea who already is swamped with mentees (i think it's mentees? the one's being mentored, right? mentees? mentos? the fresh maker? o.O) Anyways, i was just kind of hoping to put it out there that a complete newb to FF RP is very much hoping to find someone who can help him out. I'm not sure how much importance y'alls be putting on what kind of characters you mentor so i'm trying to work up an abridged wiki for edmont this week also. I'll link it in my forum siggy as soon as there's something there to read :3

Hay hay hay! that segue's to something else i was hoping to ask anyone who would know- how can i get some of the arts? There's sooo many good artists here and i need some pics of edmont Smile if you're free to do a comish, pls inbox me here.

^^^^ (<----- that's me raising the roof.. :/ nvm, forget u read that.) woop woop we are here! the end of this trainwreck, boardering on amanda bynes-esque, thread post! Please exit calmly and in an orderly fashion, and as always, thank you for reading!

RE: Drake is Ugly - Teardrop - 07-23-2013

Well, you are energetic, if nothing else Tongue Looks like you have a lot of plans for the near future, ask away if you need further detail on how to accomplish them.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay Big Grin

RE: Drake is Ugly - Olofantur - 07-23-2013

Greetings, and welcome to the RPC

A note on the artwork, i'd suggest checking out
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11
https://artistsnclients.com/

now with that out to the side, again welcome! Mentor-ship is an interesting role, but the one being Mentored perhaps even more so, while it is a good idea to get the wiki rolling, I think you should also (if you feel comfortable) take the time to peruse the wiki, join the skype chat and just generally poke around for a while. There's a lot of information out there to pull from! But don't feel afraid of asking questions silly or otherwise, by and large we're here to help.

With that said, while I have not registered as a Mentor myself, I feel confident in saying that you're free to ask any questions, raise any concerns or make any comments you'd like. PM, forum post or skype chat are all open for discussion.

Best of luck to you and hope to see you in Eorzea!

RE: Drake is Ugly - PaperLife - 07-24-2013

(07-23-2013, 09:03 PM)Teardrop Wrote: Well, you are energetic, if nothing else Tongue  Looks like you have a lot of plans for the near future, ask away if you need further detail on how to accomplish them.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay Big Grin
Thank you very much! I really like your sig Thumbsup

(07-23-2013, 09:08 PM)Olofantur Wrote: Greetings, and welcome to the RPC

A note on the artwork, i'd suggest checking out
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11
https://artistsnclients.com/

now with that out to the side, again welcome! Mentor-ship is an interesting role, but the one being Mentored perhaps even more so, while it is a good idea to get the wiki rolling, I think you should also (if you feel comfortable) take the time to peruse the wiki, join the skype chat and just generally poke around for a while. There's a lot of information out there to pull from! But don't feel afraid of asking questions silly or otherwise, by and large we're here to help.

With that said, while I have not registered as a Mentor myself, I feel confident in saying that you're free to ask any questions, raise any concerns or make any comments you'd like. PM, forum post or skype chat are all open for discussion.

Best of luck to you and hope to see you in Eorzea!
Thank you for the links, very helpful! Big Grin 

I'm trying to look around the wikis, lodestone, forums, anything I can find so that I can learn anything possible before hand so that i'm not so much of a bother haha Blush

I'm def trying to joing you guys on Skype asap. hoping that will help me become better aquainted with everyone ^_^

RE: Drake is Ugly - Scarlet Willow - 07-24-2013

Hello and welcome~! You sound like a little ball of sunshine I want to squeeze you~ Anywho, if you've got any questions about anything at all feel free to ask anyone or post it up on the forums! Also - really fantastic post about what was up at the end of 1.0 can be found here courtesy of Merri, it helped me get up to speed as I only played 1.0 for about a week and half. I hope to see you around in game when P4 pops up and also on Skype once someone sets you up C:

RE: Drake is Ugly - Xenedra - 07-24-2013

Hello, cutie-pie! Aren't you just bouncy and adorable : P. For finding a mentor, I'd just suggest looking through this post here if you haven't already. I wouldn't worry too much about anyone having too many mentees (: P) either. If they feel they do, they'll let you know, if not, you've got yourself a mentor!

RE: Drake is Ugly - Gideon Aryeh - 07-24-2013

If I was making a Free Company on Balmung I would pay you to join it. You sound like you are going to be a ball of fun. Someone snatch this one up quick!

*Pushes a Lalafell character with your personality on you*

RE: Drake is Ugly - Clover - 07-24-2013

Welcome! I hope you have a lot of fun here ^^
I'm also new to FFXIV and I know very little about the FF series in general, but I lack your courage to ask for a mentor, haha ;;

Is your character the one from your avatar? He's so cute! Not many people make that kind of character in Western communities (sadly), so he's caught my attention.

RE: Drake is Ugly - Olofantur - 07-24-2013

(07-24-2013, 09:19 AM)Clover Wrote: but I lack your courage to ask for a mentor, haha ;;

I can't recommend it highly enough, while the entire RPC is pretty much open to providing information, having some one you know can act as a sound board for any hair brained ideas in invaluable. I have my own IRL and its caused me to rethink some of my more whimsical ideas (for better and worse.)

If nothing else try hoping into the Skype and poking around there, its been known to help break down the jitters.

RE: Drake is Ugly - PaperLife - 07-24-2013

(07-24-2013, 12:22 AM)Scarlet Willow Wrote: Hello and welcome~! You sound like a little ball of sunshine I want to squeeze you~ Anywho, if you've got any questions about anything at all feel free to ask anyone or post it up on the forums! Also - really fantastic post about what was up at the end of 1.0 can be found here courtesy of Merri, it helped me get up to speed as I only played 1.0 for about a week and half. I hope to see you around in game when P4 pops up and also on Skype once someone sets you up C:
Bouncy woo! thank you for the link! def need it ^_^ I'm trying super hard to just learn about things I need to know that way there aren't a bunch of threads basically asking the same questions. I think it's going ok, but I am going to have to ask some peeps something pretty soon  >.>

thank you again! Moogle

(07-24-2013, 01:27 AM)Xenedra Wrote: Hello, cutie-pie! Aren't you just bouncy and adorable : P. For finding a mentor, I'd just suggest looking through this post here if you haven't already. I wouldn't worry too much about anyone having too many mentees (: P) either. If they feel they do, they'll let you know, if not, you've got yourself a mentor!
Thanks! Big Grin I def think that's what i'm going to have to do, I can't really expect these awesm ppl who don't even know me to seek me out for mentos.  :/
Wish me luck!  it should b fine tho, ppl seem soooo nice! Evil

heheh thanks again!! Tonberry

(07-24-2013, 01:38 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: If I was making a Free Company on Balmung I would pay you to join it. You sound like you are going to be a ball of fun. Someone snatch this one up quick!

*Pushes a Lalafell character with your personality on you*
haha Cool

thank you very much! does that mean ur not on Balmung? there's two server's ppl are using right? geez even the basics are lost on me  -_-  no wait! I remember there IS two! woot!!

^^^^  (<----- raising the roof again, but a very cool and hipsterish roof raising) Thumbsup

(07-24-2013, 09:19 AM)Clover Wrote: Welcome! I hope you have a lot of fun here ^^
I'm also new to FFXIV and I know very little about the FF series in general, but I lack your courage to ask for a mentor, haha ;;

Is your character the one from your avatar? He's so cute! Not many people make that kind of character in Western communities (sadly), so he's caught my attention.
Hey it's you! I recognize your pretty siggy! Blush
thank you for the welcome! yes, the character in my avatar is edmont. you can see him on his wiki too, just click the link in my sig. Big Grin Big Grin

thank you again! Chocobo

(07-24-2013, 10:08 AM)Olofantur Wrote:
(07-24-2013, 09:19 AM)Clover Wrote: but I lack your courage to ask for a mentor, haha ;;

I can't recommend it highly enough, while the entire RPC is pretty much open to providing information, having some one you know can act as a sound board for any hair brained ideas in invaluable. I have my own IRL and its caused me to rethink some of my more whimsical ideas (for better and worse.)

If nothing else try hoping into the Skype and poking around there, its been known to help break down the jitters.
^ this clover. that's why i'm trying to get a mentor asap so I can get over the whole "new kid in school" feeling that I hate  >.<