Hydaelyn Role-Players
Location and timezones - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Location and timezones (/showthread.php?tid=253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Location and timezones - Kashemia - 07-17-2010

This is just a small poll to see how the roleplay population is going to be spread out. Please don't be offended that I only took 3 areas, I find that these tend to be where most players are from, and Australia to get a timezone in that area too.

Re: Location and timezones - Smiling River - 07-17-2010

Within US there is a pretty big timezone difference. I think this is useful but maybe could be more specific? Smile
I'm EST.

Re: Location and timezones - Hiname - 07-17-2010

Currently opperating from germany. *nod nod*

Timezone.. That would be.. GMT +1, I think.

Re: Location and timezones - Kashemia - 07-17-2010

Yeah, I know, I was thinking about that, but Europe has several timezones too, and as far as I know, it's still only 3 hours from West coast to East coast in USA, right?
I could of course make all the timezones, but I thought a 3 hour span was ok to keep it within.

Edit: Of course you can specify in your post Smile
I'm in Denmark, and I think it's currently GMT + 2, because of the time saving thing.. Summertime as we call it in Denmark.
Same for Germany Wink

Re: Location and timezones - Aveline - 07-17-2010

I'm Pacific time zone which I think is GMT -8

Re: Location and timezones - Renaise - 07-17-2010

Good old GMT... because Greenwich is actually not that far from me XD

Re: Location and timezones - Midaja - 07-17-2010

Oh, you're already at it... Damn Im slow today... Well, aaaaas the colleagues in germany and denmark, switzerland gmt+2

Re: Location and timezones - Kashemia - 07-17-2010

Lots of European players! Not as many as the US ones, but enough that we can probably have events too if we want Smile And if the americans are just a bit nice, they'll concider it when they make their events Wink

Re: Location and timezones - Aveline - 07-17-2010

I have a weird schedule so yeah, bring on the EU-time-zone events!

Re: Location and timezones - Jakky - 07-17-2010

EU, UK. GMT, but currently in British Summertime(BST! /charm <t>), so GMT+1

Re: Location and timezones - ArmachiA - 07-17-2010

I'm usually up late, like really late, so having people on at night (For me) would be awesome, so yeah, bring on the EU. I'm in Mountain Time, I have no idea what that is in GMT

Re: Location and timezones - Shamadconde - 07-17-2010

I'm in the same timezone as Armachia, so GMT-7.

Re: Location and timezones - Renaise - 07-17-2010

Jakky Wrote:EU, UK. GMT, but currently in British Summertime(BST! /charm <t>), so GMT+1

Ahh crap, always forget the British summer time BS >.> stupid thing...

Re: Location and timezones - Midaja - 07-17-2010

wow, even gmt-8... That means, whilst for me its actually 1:15 am, for you its 3:15 pm... Makes even more of a difference than I thought initially. Now that really makes me kinda sad somehow. Well weekends and holidays have to be good for something Smile

And yes, I agree with the stupid summertime stuff...

Re: Location and timezones - foxfirestorm - 07-17-2010

I'm in the USA and in Arizona, so--
I am -7 GMT with no daylight savings. XD