Hydaelyn Role-Players
Land, ho! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Land, ho! (/showthread.php?tid=2378)

Land, ho! - Koko - 06-24-2013

Avast ye! A new player arrives! 
I played Final Fantasy XI briefly back in the day. I played FF XIV from the beta and then for roughly two months after release. But all in all back then it wasn't what I wanted in an MMO. The game didn't captivate me or engage me in any particular way. But seeing how my laughable Legacy status gave me a free shot at ARR, I thought I might as well give these folks another chance, seeing the work and spirit put into development.

And well, I was just enamored by the changes, and I found the world immersive and alive and all things that are good, and now I found myself preordering where I thought I was done with this franchise. 

About myself, I am a Psychology student somewhere in Spain, who has a main interest in RP when it comes to MMOs. I am a 'heavy RPer' by definition, as much as I hate those categories, and have been around pretty much most MMO around for a while (consumerism, yay), to only stick around those with a strong RP sense of community. Hopefully to be found here. Also a big fan of music, I sing in a shitty metal band, etc.

I will be starting fresh with a new character, who for now is almost surely going to be a Roegadyn Sea Wolf male, probably with a main focus as a Marauder, or some other spanky class. I'm still a little oblivious to a lot of FF XIV's lore, but I'm learning, so please bear with me!

RE: Land, ho! - blackdrakon - 06-24-2013

What!? No one has said hi yet?? Huh
Well then let me be the first to say.. HI! I would say if you need any help getting integrated into the community, feel free to let any one of us know. But by the looks of your posts I've already seen, you've done a good job of that already!

Welcome back to the FFXIV franchise.

RE: Land, ho! - Martiallais - 06-24-2013

While I'm not much of a pirate, have a hearty "Yaaar!" and welcome from me as well. Cool

There are plenty of places to take in the lore lingering around here, so I wouldn't feel rushed with that at all. Everyone's seemed really patient & helpful with answering most questions from what I've seen so far!

RE: Land, ho! - Koko - 06-24-2013

Pirates are swell, ninjas smell.

And thanks for the welcome guys.

RE: Land, ho! - Vash - 06-24-2013

Welcome to the forums! I hope you feel very welcome Kupo! Moogle

RE: Land, ho! - Martiallais - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 02:56 PM)Koko Wrote: Pirates are swell, ninjas smell.

And thanks for the welcome guys.

You cut me deep, my friend. LOL.

RE: Land, ho! - Mara - 06-24-2013

Yay for the pirate speak! Smile

Double yay for the psychology major! Big Grin

Triple yay for the music-loving! Laugh

Welcome... back? You said you played before, so I'll go with that. And don't listen to Zarek. Pirates are way cooler than ninjas.

Just wondering, though... Are you actually going to be playing your character as a pirate? And don't worry about not knowing the lore. I'm still trying to figure it all out, myself, being new and all. So you're definitely not alone in that boat!

RE: Land, ho! - Koko - 06-24-2013

He is close to being 50, so I might include a past of piracy. But now he's old and jolly and no one would ever think he ever was a pirate. Nyerk nyerk.

RE: Land, ho! - Desphiria - 06-24-2013

Welcome! Hey Mara, Merri has a forum sticky about the lore for 1.0 up somewhere. It's purty useful.

RE: Land, ho! - Xenedra - 06-24-2013

Heyhey n' welcome! I do hope, as a pirate, you will be starting in fabulous Limsa Lominsa~ (Limsa is best city, I'm not biased, k? : P) Let us know if we can help you out with anything, meanwhile, here's some possible helpful stuff.

RE: Land, ho! - Mara - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 04:24 PM)Desphiria Wrote: Welcome! Hey Mara, Merri has a forum sticky about the lore for 1.0 up somewhere. It's purty useful.

You're, like... the fifth person to point this out to me. I think maybe I should start putting a disclaimer that I KNOW about this thread, I just haven't had the time to actually give it a thorough read, lol. Thanks for pointing it out again, though. Smile

RE: Land, ho! - CallmeYahweh - 06-24-2013

I came to say welcome aboard. But I stayed because of the Tom Waits avatar.

Welcome aboard, sir pirate. :D